[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gonna be starting as a warrior in a bit. what stats are the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
gonna be starting as a warrior in a bit. what stats are the most important?
>>
Resistance.
>>
>>335029541
vit, stamina
>>
>>335029837
This.
>>
>>335029895
great thanks. if nobody replied I was gonna go with vit/str
>>
swimming
>>
>>335029956
also for the gift I heard the master key is the best but it takes a lot out of the game, does it really make a difference?
>>
File: good gaijyim.jpg (56 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
good gaijyim.jpg
56 KB, 600x432
>>335029541
>>
Just level what you think you need.
Do you want to get more attacks in or do you want that sliver of stamina needed to dodge after your combo, get stamina. Do you want more health? level health. Do you need dex to use that cool looking weapons? Get dex.
>>
>>335030023
It just allows you to skip most of the way through the worst part of the game among other things.
>>
>>335030023
You can skip some areas entirely. If it's your first time you will probably not really know how to use this to your advantage and I guess you want to get the full experience, don't you? I can't really say how it will affect your game. Depends on how you use it.
>>
Vig/End
>>
>>335030023
You'll get into areas early that might be too hard for a new player. You might end up skipping stuff (you can completely skip the first post-tutorial area for example). Feel free to take it as it's by far the most useful gift, but just keep in mind when you see "Used Master Key" that you can always turn back
>>
>>335030193
first playthrough, I don't wanna miss anything..
>>
File: ds.jpg (294 KB, 746x746) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
294 KB, 746x746
>>335029541
dodging good
fast dodging > slow dodging
>>
>>335029541

Srenght

And

Vitality

If you want to play the game on hardcore aka Knight mode.

You can rush through the easy way with magic
>>
Vit for health endurance for stamina and equip load. Strength or dex both are fine. Get the minimum you need to use your weapon in both stats and add the primary stay accordingly.
>>
actual answer here

Sorcery is overpowered as fuck and will allow you to easily clear almost the whole game without dying.

Endurance is by far the most important stat as it gives you more attacks, more dodging, more blocking, more running, AND lets you put on heavier armor.

Vitality is obviously important since it's fucking health, you will always need HP.

Strength and Dex is up to you, Strength weapons are definitely better for PvE and I recommend that for a first playthrough. Always get it up to 22 as soon as you can so you can use that bitchin' Zweihander.

Intelligence and Faith depend on if you want to branch into magic. Int is more useful all around, Faith is only really useful for Lightning Spear which nukes some bosses and enemies.

Attunement is about worthless. You really only need 2 attunement slots if you want to play with magic, 3 if you really want some extra oomph.

Resistance literally doesn't do anything, never put a single point into it.

Master Key is obviously the best starting gift. Honestly it's the only one you should pick.
>>
>>335030023

For you first playthrough don't choose any gift.

Also upgrading armor and weapons are more important than leveling up. You only really want to level up stats to meet requirements.

Also since you're a warrior, you're probably don't plan on using sorcery/miracles, but you can still use pyromancy since that scales off the glove instead of an actual stat.

Endurance is the most important stat, it basically determines everything. followed by Vitality. Also Lightning reinforcement/Fire Reinforcement does not have scaling and Lightning>Fire because more enemies have a Lightning weakness, or should i say more enemies have a fire resistance so if you want high damage but focused on endurance/vitality, you can go down the lightning path for your weapons
>>
>>335030023
You can use it to skip the worst areas and bosses in the game, which is nice. But for your first time they definitely add to the experience.
>>
>>335030260
Then don't use it.
>>
Remember not to tell anyone you leveled Dex
>>
>bought dark souls 3
>hyped as fuck
>although my PC ran ds2 SotfS fluenty, it horrendously shits the bad on dark souls 3, everything turned to low and everything turned off what can be turned off
>discouraged as fuck
>start a new character on original dark souls because it's at least playable

i can't be the only one?
>>
>>335029541
Patience.
>>
>>335030426
i thought lightning scales with faith?
>>
P O I S E
Seriously poise is fucking broken
>>
>>335030824
GIANTS
>>
>>335030583
OnlyAfro is only like 16 now so when he made that popular he was 13.

Stop.
>>
>>335030591
Dark souls 3 should run at least 30 on even shit tier hardware but it is extremely poorly optimized.
>>
>>335030591
You're not missing out
>>
>>335031095
>implying not telling anyone you use Dex isn't good advice for the whole series
People get seriously triggered if you don't use EBIN 40+ STR REQUIREMENT WEAPONS THAT SWING SLOW AS FUCK
>>
>>335030698
>>335030698

Not in DaS1.

Same with Fire. Also Chaos scales with humanity. That's why those paths are so great on low leveled/vitality based builds.
>>
>>335031181
nope, it's like 10-15 fps

constant freezes and "framerate unsuitable for online play, return to title screen" messages

i really wanted to play, so i played 30 fucking hours of ds3 so far this way until i said enough is enough and am now saving up for better PC parts
>>
>>335031095
If you type "he's back" into google that video is the first fucking result.

How did this happen?
>>
>>335031739
Meme game players love memes
>>
there are only 3 gifts that mean a damned thing, 1 master key for obvious reasons, 2 black firebomb so you can cheese kill the first 'boss' without doing the tutorial, netting you a hammer, and 3 the old witches ring, if you prefer some story to pure gameplay. (you can get a ring from sparkly though.)

stats depend if you want a str/dex/magic weapon, or str/dex/faith, or dex S scaling, or str S scaling, or pure caster, or etc, read the wiki.

if you can't fast roll you might aswell rebuild unless you are intentionally a tank.
>>
So edgy, Anon. I wish I had such good taste as you. Fucking dick souls faggot. All you have to do to beat anything in this linear edgy grimdark cuck fag SJW mary sue game is spam r1 like Assassins Creed, but put even less thought into it.
>>
>>335033125
+1
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.