[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does Nintendo need to do to make the NX more successful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8
File: nintendo-nx-fake-logo.jpg (17 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-nx-fake-logo.jpg
17 KB, 640x400
What does Nintendo need to do to make the NX more successful than the Wii U?
>>
>>335022628
Get officially announced and released shortly after

Capatalise on this current hype bubble of people not wanting a half gen improvement for the other consoles

No wanting vr or ar

And just make it decent and not made of old netbook components
>>
release an F-zero
>>
>>335022875
>Capatalise on this current hype bubble of people not wanting a half gen improvement for the other consoles

>"I don't want to buy a half-gen improvement, instead I'm going to buy a whole separate mid-gen console!"
Is that really what you expect to happen?
>>
>>335022875
>Get officially announced and released shortly after
I hope they don't do that, I need to buy me a PS4 this summer now that it's finally getting some games.
>>
>>335023226
One will get games that aren't on the older console, the other one will. So yeah.
>>
>>335023302
Only first-party Nintendo games which aren't exactly cutting-edge graphically anyway. Yay, a shinier fucking Splatoon.
>>
File: Sale001.jpg (91 KB, 636x443) Image search: [Google]
Sale001.jpg
91 KB, 636x443
>>335023226
Yes

If they release it before or at the same time with new games and content and its exciting

And microsoft and sony come out with the same games showing them looking the same as they always have because most trailers have just been bullshots, with a big chunk dedicated to gimmicks like vr and ar

I cant see normies getting hype for vr

Well we have already seen vive and oculous are already dead

I cant see anyone that already owns a ps4 being happy about paying another 400 quid to play the same games

And i cant see that many people that dont own a ps4 that will be like, this is the time for me to get a ps4.
>>
Invest in new IPs, even if it loses them money on the short-term. They need to aim to develop at least one Splatoon-level hit a year.
>>
File: Sale002.jpg (83 KB, 636x381) Image search: [Google]
Sale002.jpg
83 KB, 636x381
>>335023369
The difference between a smash bros, splatoon, mario maker re release and a ps4 upgraded version

Is most people who care about gaming already own ps4s

A lot of people that didnt buy wii us but would still enjoy some of the content
>>
>>335023439
Dude, no-one is going to buy a whole new console for slightly shinier Nintendo games. If they would then the Wii U wouldn't be in this mess in the first place, as Nintendo's first-party titles are already shiny.

Plus plenty of people bought a New Nintendo 3DS and that was an equally marginal mid-gen "upgrade"
>>
File: Sale003.jpg (74 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
Sale003.jpg
74 KB, 636x358
>>335023296
If your buying it for final fantasy 15, rumours are the nx is going to have the best version of that game
>>
>>335023512
How would Nintendo's new console going to appeal to people when the Wii U didn't? I literally don't get it.
>>
More online first party games and comission more platformers.

Seriously though splatoon, smash and mario kart all got played to hell and back on my wii u.

Lots of games could have been far better if they had online multiplayer
>Mario Party
>A hyrule warriors mode where you can actually play with a friend online and finish those big ass maps
>Star Fox shit the bed by not having online dogfights

Platformers because i fucking love that shit.
>>
>>335023512
It's still a game you can't play on an older console. All games that you can play on PS4 you'll be able to play on PS4K and vice versa. No reason to buy one.
>>
>>335023537
>Plus plenty of people bought a New Nintendo 3DS
Source?
>>
>>335023608
I have a lot of friends that say they want to get a wii u for mario kart and smash but they dont want to buy a last gen console this close to the nx launch
>>
>>335023296
Nintendo console launches have sparse lineups anyway you're better of waiting.
>>
>>335023752
Except now all own PS4s and they don't want to buy a new console mid-generation. Literally nothing has changed.
>>
File: shocking lifts.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
shocking lifts.webm
3 MB, 480x360
make mario and zelda games good again. return design philosophy to the SNES/N64 days where interesting character mechanics and fun movement took precedence over visual presentation and gimmicks.

give it specs that can compete with next gen consoles. don't nerf console power for the sake of convenience.

allow multiplatforms so that people who want the best of both worlds aren't forced to choose between sony and nintendo.

make the default controller a normal fucking controller. drop motion control. drop touch screens. fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>335023852
I thought the recent 3DS Mario/Zelda games were way better than the N64 ones. I think the nostalgia goggles are heavy on this one. I didn't get on with Ocarina back in the day and tried playing the 3DS one recently and had the same issues.
>>
>>335023584
>Final Turd 15
Jesus fuck, man, no. I'm buying it for all the games Bamco is translating and for good games like P5 and the new Nier.

>>335023795
They're supposed to be bringing in the big guns for this one though.
>>
I don't think there's anything they can do. Gamers are most likely happy with their PS4 or XB1 and the NX most likely won't get third party games people actually want.

I think the NX and it's possible failure will seriously spark change with Nintendo. Whether that's good or bad, we'll have to see.
>>
>>335023959
>I think the nostalgia goggles are heavy on this one.
no nostalgia here bro. i first played OOT after i played Windwaker and Twilight Princess and it was a hell of a lot better than either of those games. i still play sm64, smw, oot and alttp regularly and find them infinitely more engaging than any of the newer games. i have even more fun with them now than i did as a kid because back then i couldn't appreciate mechanical depth in the same way that i do now.

it's fine to not share this sentiment, but it's retarded to assume that people who disagree with you are wearing nostalgia goggles.

my favorite game when i was a kid was FF7, and i fucking hate that shit now.
>>
>>335022628
>A good line-up of quality games
>Marketing, Marketing, MARKETING
>A big online component like PSN and Xbox Live, no friend-codes and shit
>Third-Party
>>
>>335024224
>High profile Japanese games
>Not going to be on the most powerful console
>Made in japan
>>
>>335022628
x86 architecture, console is on par or more powerful than a PS4
Priced less than a PS4.5
Less restricting publishing policy for games
A modern online infrastructure that's free or costs less than PS+ or XBL Gold
Good first party and third party developer support
Don't force a gimmick, make the gimmick optional
Market the shit out of your product, let people know it's a new console and not a new Wii accessory like Wii U
>>
>Will not replace 3DS and Wii U
>Nintendo invests heavily in cell phone apps and tech

The NX is clearly a smart phone.
>>
>>335027331
>Nintendo smartphone
literally the new n-gage
>>
File: how to make the NX successful.png (24 KB, 447x441) Image search: [Google]
how to make the NX successful.png
24 KB, 447x441
>>
>>335022628
Buy over PS4 and stop its production. That simple.
>>
Make sure developers have time to use it
>>
>>335027310
at this moment, ps4 and xbox ones future is so littered with gimmicks no one wants

nintendo having a gimmick seems acceptable because it will probably be better then vr or ar
>>
make it backwards compatible, region free and make pokemon sun and moon exclusive to it. pokemon fanboys will then buy it
>>
File: 1447135742437.jpg (73 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447135742437.jpg
73 KB, 1000x1000
>>335027434
>combo entertainment system (movies, music, video games, TV, etall)
No.

No. No. NO NO NO NO.

THIS IS PART OF THE SHIT THAT KILLED THE FUCKING XBONE YOU RETARDED MONGOLOID COCKSUCKER.

PIC RELATED YOU FAGGOT.
>>
>>335022628
Pokemon Snap
>>
>>335027516
as long as they don't force the gimmick onto consumers and make them pay for it (mandatory Wii U tablet, 3D nobody uses, etc) then I'm fine with that.
>>
Have a good starting line up and actually get developers interested in making games for it.
Make a normal controller for it so that you don't have some huge clunky touchpad with a second screen that forces the game to render twice. That way you can actually focus on the game running at 60fps with at least some AA enabled.
>>
>>335027772
it will have a screen in the controller

it will be a good thing

people will complain
>>
How about they make a normal console with no retarded gimmicks this time.

But they're still desperate replicate the success of the Wii, so they're going to keep trying.
>>
>>335027767
>Pokemon Snap would've worked incredibly well with the gyro controls and using the touchpad as a camera
>Would've sold like hotcakes
>They never did it

Nintendo is beyond retarded
>>
>>335027923
Why put effort into a new game when you can rehash regular old pokemon again and still sell a lot.
>>
>>335027898
sounds like a lame gimmick like the Wii U tablet.

barely any games actually utilize it well, it just ends up being a map screen or extra inventory screen. kind of like the 3DS touch screen.
>>
>>335028032
the ds was dope

the 3ds was dope

the wii u was dope

the nx will be dope
>>
>>335027310
The thing that pissed me off most about the Wii was the lack of transferability of online purchases when the Wii broke (if it ever did)
>>
The only thing they need to do is not have Wii in the title
>>
>>335027923
seconded, they definitely flounder'd on it.

I still love you Nintendo, but you're really dumb at times.
>>
>>335027767
Pokemon Snap 64 is on the Wii U in Japan and coming to Europe May 5th. A new version would be great as the Wii U Gamepad is perfect for it.
>>
I'm sure it's just me. But feels like no one really gives a crap about Nintendo anymore outside of handhelds. I can't even get my five year old to play the wii u. Noticed most fans are just the people who grew up with it and hold on to the glory days memories. But those aren't coming back. Not looking forward to the NX at all. How many times can everyone keep playing the same stale Zelda game or Mario's.
>>
>>335022628

FIFA and Madden

>But my F-Zero and Metroid
No, shut up.
>>
>>335028504
Nintendo needs to grow up like Naughty Dog.
>>
File: image.png (547 KB, 635x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
547 KB, 635x640
>>335023512
>most people who care about gaming own ps4s
>>
>>335028504
My wife's son made me sell the Wii U for a 3ds
>>
>>335028571
Eh I don't know about growing up like naughty dog. Just feels dated.
>>
>Remove Region Lock
>Marketing to Adults
>Excellent and wide variety for games for launch
>An attractive useful feature, not a gimmick
>Excellent price point
>Strong console for it's price
>>
>>335023959
>I thought the recent 3DS Mario/Zelda games were way better than the N64 ones.
I would say they are on par. 3D World gives Mario his largest moveset and a more focus experience that has its own pros and cons.
>>
>>335027710
>THIS IS PART OF THE SHIT THAT KILLED THE FUCKING XBONE YOU RETARDED MONGOLOID COCKSUCKER.
It's also something that Sony has been getting a free pass on. Vue has gotten more marketing and exposure than any game released on the PS4.
>>
Get AAA titles and play them at the same graphical fidelity of the PS4/Xbone.

With a conventional controller.

And undercut the competition's cost by $50-$100.
>>
>>335027772

Better than paying for something that should be free, like multiplayer.
>>
Only Nintendo fans bought the wiiU, so I don't know why the fuck people would think anyone else would buy the NX.

If it's just a regular console it is even more fucked than it already is, I don't say this lightly or out of dislike for Nintendo, it's just that Nintendos brand value is a zero at the moment, even if they do pull in some third party support it'll never touch the Playstation, casuals don't even want to hear anything Nintendo, they don't need to.

Only Nintendo fans will buy this device, they always have since the 64, Nintendo just got lucky and managed to pull in herds of casuals a few times but now they've left the party, no one but desperate Nintendo fans remain and it's always been that way. You remove the casuals and peer inside and it's empty.
>>
>>335029043
>And undercut the competition's cost by $50-$100.
This is the only thing that matters. If the Wii U was $199 it would've done gangbusters. The regular set is STILL $300.
>>
>>335023584
>rumours are the nx is going to have the best version of that game
>the console that is as strong as the xbone but NOT the ps4 is gonna be the best

Sure, kiddo. Sure it will.
>>
>>335022628
>What does Nintendo need to do to make the NX more successful than the Wii U?
Stop with the gimmick toaster meme. Make NX more powerful that it could handle 4K @ 60+FPS. Maybe make it more powerful enough and compatible with VR technology so people could use any VR system with NX, even one made by Nintendo.

Stop with the 1st party meme. Get more 3rd party devs to make games for them so they don't have to make a bunch of Mario games. To do so, they need to chill out on all the restrictions they impose when developing for their consoles. That means no more "Nintendo censorship", as it has always deterred devs from all over because they don't want their creations being molested--they want to preserve the original message of the games.

Stop with the kiddie meme. They should begin catering to people with money, and they could start by getting more mature titles. Mature doesn't necessarily mean "lewds", mind you. Get the kind of games that Xbox One and PS4 would get, with lots of violence. What they could do is market the kiddie titles with a "kid-friendly" seal on it so parents who want kiddie shit for their kids (or manchildren) could pick those with the seal. This way, Nintendo could still pander to the children/manchildren crowd while expanding to gamers with money that want less kiddie fare.

More online functionality. Not mandatory (like what Xbone tried to do, before the backlash), but optional. This means they should have more games with robust multiplayer (matchmaking system, etc.). This means a robust lobby system where people could talk to each other and set up multiplayer games or just talk. This means the ease of buying, storing, and downloading games online.
>>
>>335028717
>Excellent and wide variety for games for launch
>An attractive useful feature, not a gimmick
>Excellent price point
>Strong console for it's price
None of the current generation consoles have these.
>>
>>335029518
>If the Wii U was $199 it would've done gangbusters

It would've helped but it wouldn't sell like crazy because latest cod isnt on it, they missed their chance to the grab casual market this gen and now a large market for potential buyers is gone they're stuck. They need to pander to kids and Nintendo fans because they're the only groups of people who'll buy Nintendo at this point yet at the same time by doing this they further isolate themselves.

Their only chance is if the NX is truly innovative, a console/handheld hybrid might pull the right strings but releasing a standard console at this point in time just doesn't seem like it'll work at all.
>>
>>335028571
>telling a 130 year-old to "grow up"

Here is your (You).
>>
>>335029968
>Make NX more powerful that it could handle 4K @ 60+FPS.
You need to understand one simple thing. No ninth gen console will feature this. None. Not financially feasible without AMD, or maybe even NVIDIA, cutting a VERY generous deal.
>>
>>335029968
>Stop with the gimmick toaster meme. Make NX more powerful that it could handle 4K @ 60+FPS. Maybe make it more powerful enough and compatible with VR technology so people could use any VR system with NX, even one made by Nintendo.

Nintendo doesn't even their own industry channels for R&D, they outsource production so Nintendo VR/VR compatibility and/or 4k at 60fps is completely out of their league at the moment unless they're ready to price the console at $2000. 4K 60fps is so preposterously expensive regardless of who attempts to make it anyway that it's not even a viable target for anyone to hit.

Nintendo first party games still sell, a lot, their market is Nintendo fans and kids, they can try to bring in more third party support but the consumers for it are already elsewhere.
>>
>>335030424
>they can try to bring in more third party support but the consumers for it are already elsewhere.
People need to stop saying this. That market is fickle as shit and not to devoted to anything. There was a reason why the 360 sold like gangbusters and why the PS3 was able to make a late surge.
>>
Nintendo doesn't want to make a good console. They don't believe in online, they don't believe in having specs in line with the other two consoles in order to get third party support, they're still trying to get a 'casual' market that has long moved on to mobile gaming by shoving in gimmicks that alienate core gamers, and they struggle like hell to do anything the least bit original.
>>
>>335028095
hope you're right,
if nothing else Wii U and 3DS will be dirt cheap by the end of this year and I can finally upgrade from DS and Wii.
Budgeting sucks but food is okay I guess.
>>
>>335030967
2ds is dead cheap now and doesnt provide any worse of an experience

ive seen it going £50
>>
>>335028657
worth imo, how often do you get 3D without glasses in vidya. I would never fork out disgusting money for a 3D telly just to have to wear a shitty pair of glasses over my own ones and have them fall off mid-game.
Also:
>non-nintendo Handhelds
>>
>>335022628
Bend over to EA/ubilol atkins because that's what most of these people who buys consoles wants.
>>
>>335031032
Unfortunately for me I'm into the 3D as a legit selling point. Ty for tip tho
>>
>>335031549
the 3d on 3ds is naff unless you get the "New 3ds with eye tracking technology"
>>
Release games for people older than 8.
>>
>>335022628
Sit on it for a little while to gauge the market.
The Wii U already made Sony and Microsoft scramble to release their consoles which were and are clearly unfinished.

By threatening the NX, they're already in scramble mode again. The Xbone is failing and the PS4 is causing consumer backlash. Sony is already rumored to release a stop-gap console.

I think Nintendo is trying to bankrupt the console divisions of Sony and Microsoft.
>>
>>335031667
Spent the last holiday on my brother's regular 3DS playing sm4sh and came to the same conclusion, it seems a shame they didn't realise it sooner and put it in the first 3DS.
>>
>>335022628
This has been very simple for a few generations now.

Make a console that can ACTUALLY RUN MODERN GAMES. They screwed themselves over pretty fucking hard releasing the Wii U, which was just slightly stronger than the PS3, like less than a year before PS4 release when everyone was excited for the next gen.
>>
>>335027434
I don't see how turning it into what the PS4 was promised to be can help at all.

You think you want that but you don't. Because it's all fluff, and you won't use any of it. You'll still use your PC or your Smartphone for "Everyday" tasks.

I'm sure it also has something to do with your ego as well.
>why can't Nintendo be more like Sony
>maybe then I won't feel the social pressure of being called a manchild because then Nintendo would be "mature"
>>
>>335031032
you know what, what the heck?
It looks more comfortable to hold anyway and I spent years on a DS and never ever thought 3D would be the next necessary step.
>>
>>335029043
This won't happen.
It's no conspiracy, AAA devs have all blackballed Nintendo, and purposely release bullshit on Nindy consoles because they don't fucking care. And of course those sell like shit, so they use that as an excuse to continue blackballing Nintendo in their own little world of retarded recursive logic.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.