[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, are Yahtzee's adventure games any good or are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: notes_slenderndaqq[1].jpg (29 KB, 600x374) Image search: [Google]
notes_slenderndaqq[1].jpg
29 KB, 600x374
Hey /v/, are Yahtzee's adventure games any good or are they just meme games? I want to play some point&click stuff and I'm pretty sure I played all "real" games already.
>>
>>335017438
Might as well give one a go if you like the dude or know of him and don't hate him. He's always playing these things and complaining about bad shit so the chances are they're decent games.
>>
>>335017438
What do you mean by 'meme game'?
>>
>>335017438
I played the first one and was able to slowly make my way through without a guide. It still has that common point & click problem of Use everything on everything until something happens.

I didn't even know Yahtzee made it, a friend just recommended it, so I can say without bias that it was decent.
>>
They are great, and the only worthwhile things he has done in his life
>>
I've played Five Days a Stranger and Seven Days a Skeptic, both are excellent adventure games. Try them out.
>>
>>335017513
I don't know anything about him except "some nerd who made video games then started making funny videos". I think my brain didn't turn into mush yet at the time he was becoming internet famous, so I was still reading actual articles instead of watching Youtube shit.

I wish actual articles still existed.
>>
>>335017830
He still pumps out his Extra Punctuation column I think . If you don't know anything about him then you should definitely give them a go.
>>
>>335017830
he has "extra punctuation" which are written reviews that often go more in-depth than his videos. Mostly because his videos he has to be wacky and hysterical, but It's toned down and more on-point with his articles.
>>
>>335017746
>>335017762
>>335017821
Alright, I'll give them a shot, I was watching some "top 20 adventure games" to find something I haven't played and it turned out that I've literally played 19 and 5 days a stranger was the one I didn't, so yeah.
>>
>>335017948
Most of those tops are nostalgia fodder by people who dropped out of the genre long ago, there are still great point and clicks being made

Try any game by Amanita Design, especially Samorost 3 which came out recently
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.