[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Skyrim came out in 2011 >The next Elder Scrolls expected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>Skyrim came out in 2011
>The next Elder Scrolls expected in 2019
>8 years wait between new ES games now

goddamn it and ubisoft releases like 3 assassin's creeds every year

and when is rockstar going to make some non-online DLC for GTA V? fuck, its like these people don't even want my money
>>
>>334990310
>people still care about Bethesda games
How?
>>
Think about it. It takes them 8 years to make a game that is less quality than a game made yearly.
>>
>>334991698
Cause Ubisoft has over 600 developers on one game, while Bethesda have like 100
>>
>>334991830
100 is plenty to get a game out in a year considering Bethesda has made the same game since Oblivion.
>>
>>334990310
Good games take awhile to be made. Also considering all that goes into open world. They have to make everything from scratch too.
>>
because it takes 8 long years for Todd to figure out how to use a game engine wrote for 2002 in CURRENT_YEAR_MAN.jpg
>>
>>334991928
seriously its not like they are making a whole new game
>>
>>334990310
it's gonna be bad, man. Fallout 4 was a warning.
>>
>>334991928
Ideas don't take long to make, maps and models and dialogue do. If the next TES plays and works identical to Skyrim it'll still take way longer to fill it up with shit than any given Ubisoft game with a new concept.
>>
>8 years of development
>will somehow still be worse than skyrim, somehow someway
>will be lauded more than skyrim
>will be seen at GOTYAY

you know this is true
>>
8 years of development and will still be more mediocre than fallout 4 was in their respective franchise
>>
>>334990310
>8 years
IT JUST WORKS OK
>>
>>334990310
they already have your money idiot.

Its called a snatch and grab
>>
File: Morrowind Fan Art 2.jpg (230 KB, 956x835) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind Fan Art 2.jpg
230 KB, 956x835
MFW they'll never make an Elder Scroll game as amazing and immersive as Morrowind.
>>
it takes time to create wasted potential and mediocre gameplay
>>
>OMG GUYS SKYRIM IS SO BAD BETHESDA WTF
>5 years later
>5
>years
>later

its an entertaining game guys, just admit it
>>
>>334995984
Was more entertained by ESO than Skyrim.
>>
>>334995661
Look, I love Morrowind, but having beaten it again just last month it has a lot of flaws, the most notable of which are
>disconnect between real time combat and dice roll calculations
>no magicka regen
>generic NPCs
>dungeons are just as boring as later games

That being said, Bethesda really dropped the ball by not carrying what Morrowind did so well into future titles.
>immersive and unique world and lore
>actual RPG mechanics
>faction quest lines that made you feel like you were going up the ranks
>armor and weapon variety
>>
>>334996135
I'm not going to fault you for disliking those parts of Morrowind, but personally, I value immersive story and unique environments more. Also, Oblivions and Morrowinds quests were far better than Skyrims. Especially considering a lot of Skyrim quests were generic and allowed you to do them over and over again.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.