[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really envy people who can get this game. I've bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
I really envy people who can get this game.

I've bought DeS, DaS, and DaS 2. Each time thinking "OK, I'm going to love this game, this time!" and then dropping it a few days later out of boredom

I don't get it. I love Japanese games. I love action games. I love RPGs. I love character customization. I love fantasy settings. I SHOULD love this series, but I just don't

Am I playing it wrong?
>>
>>334988850
No anon, you're just a person with opinions, like everyone else.
>>
>>334988850
Everyone has their tastes, different strokes for different folk
>>
>>334988942

I'm convinced that my opinion is objectively wrong
>>
Have you tried to git gud? That helps significantly in the enjoyment of Souls games.
>>
>>334988850
Maybe Skyrim is more your speed, champ.
>>
>>334988850
The right way to play is to only play with one live. Once you die you must restart on a new character. I still haven't gotten past the Duke's Archives in DaS but it vastly improves the experience.
>>
They start rather slow
You need to give it time

I dropped both DaS 1 and 2 after the first 5 hours, came back a week later, and was totally hooked
>>
>>334989106
You come on /v/ too much then

Most opinions are entirely valid, including yours, and I say that as a huge fan of the Souls series.
>>
>>334988850
I think the issue might be the extended amount of concentration and play it requires to really get invested. It's a hard game not necessarily in the sense of its difficulty, but more in the sense of how much it requires from the player to drive exploration and progression.
>>
File: sneaky-charlie.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sneaky-charlie.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>334989242

playing skyrim in 3rd person is virtually indistinguishable from demon's souls, even to more experienced gamers, like myself
>>
>>334988850
I've only played Demon's Souls, but the formula just didn't work for me either for some reason. It seemed like something I ought to enjoy, but I just couldn't get invested in the game.

I kept finding myself wishing I was playing King's Field or Shadow Tower instead.
>>
>>334989106
Either you find it hard and frustrating or you're trying too hard to be like /v/. Don't let /v/ make you hate or love a game, it's good for opinions and news rather than recommendations
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.