[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/ is doom 4 really as bad as everyone says? I get that it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (447 KB, 1784x1772) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447 KB, 1784x1772
So /v/ is doom 4 really as bad as everyone says? I get that it might not be true to the doom franchise, but i dont really care about that. Is it a decent multiplayer game? I was a huge fan of Halo 1 through 3, and i have a ps4. Is doom 4 worth buying? Or should i pass?
>>
>>334982219
I would pass, desu. I played the beta and it was just an average game with nothing special about it.
>>
The price has already dropped on the playstation store and the game isnt even out yet. What do you think?
>>
>>334982219
no, it's an overreaction because
>muh nostalgia
it's actually better than 3 hell it's truer to the franchise than 3

the singleplayer is mostly the same as 1 and 2

they specifically put Halo and CoD elements in the multi for people like you

worth buying? yes but not at launch wait for a sell when the game is about $36.28, ESPECIALLY since they're doing day 0 season pass BS
>>
File: DOOM - IDSOFTWARE.png (18 KB, 780x157) Image search: [Google]
DOOM - IDSOFTWARE.png
18 KB, 780x157
>>334982219
>>
I just want the singleplayer to shoot demons until they are dead. Day zero pirate.
>>
File: DOOM.png (39 KB, 927x392) Image search: [Google]
DOOM.png
39 KB, 927x392
>>334982219
yes
>>
>>334982427
>ITS GOOD ANON TRUST ME THE COD SHIT IS GOOD
Reminder the game has a 35% positive score on Steam and r/gaming doesn't take kindly to it either
>>
File: FpvGJo3.png (568 KB, 586x738) Image search: [Google]
FpvGJo3.png
568 KB, 586x738
>>334982219
>So /v/ is doom 4 really as bad as everyone says?
Yes.
>>
>>334982585

This, id has no idea what doom is except for a quick cash grab.

/thread.
>>
>>334982585
most of these gripes are just beta gripes.

I looked through some of the commendations you can get and there's stuff for like freeze tag.

You can't really judge a game on its content from a beta. Hell half the options for graphics were locked. You can say pretty much without question about the movment speed, where things will spawn on the maps we were able to play; but all that stuff is up for change in the final release and later patches.
>>
>>334982959
Nigga we both know betas today are just for 11th hour bug patching
>>
>>334982508

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLUQ3tDLfHQ
>>
I think it's mostly Doom purists who are angry that it's not just a Doom clone.

Either that or Quakefags who think it's going to be exactly like Quake, which would also be retarded.

Making a clone of something is not how to innovate.
>>
>>334984596
it's quakefags and arenafags in general.
>>
>>334984596
>Making a clone of something is not how to innovate
And yet the new Doom is a Halo/COD amalgam that only borrows the setting and weapon names from the older games. Fuck innovation, this is downright regression. If you're going to regress then at least go back to a time when FPS weren't stunted as fuck
>>
>>334984596
Why did they make a Halo clone, then?
>>
>>334983041
What I'm saying is, the beta was a very small vertical slice. Doing just a cursory amount of digging and we see that there's quite a bit more to the game that what we were given in the beta.

I'm sure ID and Bethesda saw much of the complaining going on and they'll make a few changes.

And as always there are post launch patches that modify things like weapon damages and splash ranges that people were complaining about.

I'm not saying that ID is going to do some 11th hour fixing and make it god's gift to gaming, but they only gave us a taste, and we didn't care for it.
>>
File: wakemeup.png (286 KB, 495x263) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.png
286 KB, 495x263
>>334982508
>>
>>334982219
I hope the campaign is good.
>>
>>334982219
the multiplayer is a pile of dogshit like every other doom game
>>
File: 1450162509086.jpg (41 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1450162509086.jpg
41 KB, 500x294
>>334984596
>halo
>innovative
>>
Criticism is way too harsh IMO. While it isn't a pure Arena Shooter, and as a former avid Q3A/Quake Live player I'm pretty disapointed by that, it is not anything like CoD outside of cosmetics and level-up system.

The game relies heavy on keeping your stack up: understanding armor spawn times and where all the armor pickups is crucial, and also controlling power weapons and powerups is important, too. The game has a lower TTK than the older Halo games, but it's still higher than CoD. Something in line with Q3A to be honest.

It seems to me that the majority of people complaining either never played an Arena Shooter, or are way too fucking anal about how close a game should handle to Q3A.

It's not perfect, melee is fucking lame and so are grenades. But if you aren't using personal teleporter, you are playing wrong anyway. That teleporter, btw, is the key to advanced movement in this game I feel. It might have a cool down, and it isn't as satisfying as rocket jumping, but it does add some cool options.

So yeah, game isn't near on the levels of Q3A, but comparing it to CoD or Halo and saying it's the same is fucking retarded, it isn't like either of those games.
>>
>>334986767
criticism is never too harsh, not standing up to harsh criticism is a completely valid complaint about the game

criticism applied incorrectly is what you mean. Although it WAS applied correctly here. Doom was marketed as both a single player game, and a "brutally challenging" arena shooter. It was drummed up as the big answer to quake and UT and any other arena shooter fans, basically hearkening to the classics.

And guess what? We got 'call of halo'. it's shit, and it fully deserves to be called shit, but that's what people get for trusting bethesda
>>
>>334984596
the problem isn't that its not doom its that it combine the worse of halo and call of duty.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.