[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shadowrun /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: shadowrun .jpg (781 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun .jpg
781 KB, 1920x1200
MEANWHILE ON SHADOWRUN /V/
>>
I still hate videogames
>>
looks edgy.
>>
>>334982379
*teleports behind you*
>>
>>334981979

>2036
>being a street samurai

face it chummer shaman can light you on fire before you can even pull out a your little sword
>>
>>334981979
Cyberpunk 2027 when?
New Shadowrun campaigns when.
Troll Shaman pranks Dragon (gone wrong) when?
>>
Dragonfall>Hong Kong>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Returns
>>
>>334982443
well uh, I checked some gameplay videos and decided it's not edgy. but totally gay.
>>
>>334982702
This isn't the thread for you, then.
>>
>>334982702
*slits your throat*
Psh nothing personnel kiddo
>>
>>334982458
My wired reflexes and smartgun say otherwise, omae.
>>
>>334982641
Hong Kong > Dragonfall
Hong Kong has some really cool fantastical elements, better companions, and better music.
>>
>>334982641
Played Dragonfall so far, already own Hong Kong
Why does everyone dislike Returns?
>>
>>334982782

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT Is there any undead character set so I may play it maybe in the future?
>>
>>334982853
It was the first in the new series and you can really tell. The story isn't as engaging. The combat is boring. The characters are okay.

Dragonfall was a step up and was the result of a team that got their feet wet with a mediocre first attempt and learned from the experience.
>>
File: 1360423594276.png (11 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1360423594276.png
11 KB, 252x252
>play Dragonfall
>Elves are the most well-spoken of all the races
okay I guess
>dwarves are the best spellcasters
>there's an entire magic discipline based on summoning shit with your charm stat
wot
>>
File: yuri's smile .jpg (140 KB, 996x882) Image search: [Google]
yuri's smile .jpg
140 KB, 996x882
>>334982802

>he fell for the smartgun meme
>>
>>334982853

it was ok

it got me interested in shadowrun and by the time i finished playing it i wanted to play more

i think returns was made to introduce a new generation of people to shadowrun
>>
>>334982956

>undead character

founded the wow pleb
>>
>>334982802
>Street sam
>Smartgun

Literally why

Shotguns > handguns > literal shit > katana > smartgun
>>
Jammit, how much stuff do I need to deck in tablebot nicely? I'm fragging confused. Adding rigging to my build was giant mistake, I already changed resource priority to A but it just doesn't seem enough.
>>
anyone hear about this weird AI on the matrix ? apparently it eats people
>>
in dragonfall you were basically forced to play a decker for story reasons
is hong kong similar? I wanna be a mage
>>
>>334983564

>implying you couldn't just use your companion
>>
>>334983803
I said for story reasons (i.e. considering who you're replacing in the team), not for gameplay reasons
>>
>>334982853
You know how Dragonfall gives you a party of runners who you can hang out and talk with between missions, you return to a hub area between each mission where you can interact with a bunch of interesting NPCs, you can choose what runs you go on from a wide and varied selection and most of the time you go on runs with a full party?

Yeah Returns has none of that. Most of the game you get a single hired runner, the game's really linear and all in all its a completely different beast to Dragonfall/Hong Kong. The only thing they have in common is the game engine, really.

>>334983564
>in dragonfall you were basically forced to play a decker for story reasons
Blitz was fine at decking.

>is hong kong similar? I wanna be a mage
Is0bel, the team's Decker, is with you from the start. The only problem is that she's the worst party member in all three games.
>>
>>334983884
>(i.e. considering who you're replacing in the team)
You weren't replacing anyone, though. Until Monica died you were going to be the team's fifth party member.
>>
>>334983976

>is0bel
>worst character

pick one eiger is worst
>>
>>334984064
exactly, and then you had to replace the decker in the team
this isn't a hard concept to grasp I would've thought
>>
>>334984154
You get a replacement decker like two missions into the campaign though.
>>
I really hate that because Gaichuu and Racter were the stretch goals and they didn't really know if they'd get in they have such small roles compared to the other 3. Especially when both are more interesting than your brother and is0bel
>>
>>334984145
don't you talk shit about mai waifu

But no seriously at least Eiger was fucking useful in combat. Is0bel uses the worst gun class in the game, can't hit the broad side of a barn with said worst guns, and her only good weapon (the grenade launcher) has only two shots.

You may as well just bump Decking to 5, get the deck that's basically budget Excalibur and leave her at home.

>>334984495
Gaichu is the greatest character in all three games, hands down. Not only is he amazing in combat with an actually interesting gimmick, he has a brilliant sense of humor. He bounces off the main character's snark so god damn well, and taking him into places he really shouldn't be going to leads to the funniest lines in the game.
>>
>>334982853
Returns felt more like a demo showcasing what you could do in the game and what the modding tools were capable of. Character development was pretty much nonexistent, all hired NPCs were just generic mercs with less personality than your average XCom rookie, decking was more or less just a gimmick that came up like twice, and the game followed a strictly linear plot. Shadowrun Honk Kong introduced party members permanent party members with backgrounds that were revealed over the course of the game, a more open ended level design, and integrating decking fluidly into most levels instead of just having "Hey! Here's a decking tutorial! Hey here's a brief decking gimmick section! I hope you didn't waste points in decking because fuck you, that was the last time you will ever deck faggot!".

tl;dr Returns basically laid the foundation for the actual game. Hong Kong finished it.
>>
>>334984823
> Hong Kong
I meant Dragonfall fug
>>
really loved Dragonfall, thought some of the Hong Kong characters were really cool but it just didn't feel the same

I really wish these games had a larger budget though, the phone game-tier ui and gameplay are kind of unfortunate
>>
>>>334983320

deckers literally handle smartguns better than street sams
>>
File: B2sEVWLIQAAiSsb.jpg (66 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
B2sEVWLIQAAiSsb.jpg
66 KB, 600x400
Eiger is great

Dietrich too
>>
>>334985589

also glory
>>
>>334986617
Glory is cute and fantastic character-wise but god damn is she useless in a fight.
>>
>>334987139

not with her claws and adrenaline
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.