[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was a great game lets talk about it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ME2_Cover_Art.png (1 MB, 868x847) Image search: [Google]
ME2_Cover_Art.png
1 MB, 868x847
This was a great game lets talk about it
>>
>>334979730
Suicide mission's still one of my favorite final missions in a game.
>>
>>334979730
Final mission was good everything else was average at best
>>
Three is a better game for the first 90%.
>>
Suicide Mission was hype as shit, everything related to Miranda is terrible.
Thane and Zaeed best squad.
>>
it's a terrible game directly and intentionally designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator after EA smelled money in the franchise

it was such a dull shooting gallery I could have vomited, the plot and characters fall vastly short of actual classic visionary RPGs, it drops all the strengths of the original game and brings very little of its own to the table

the final mission is gimmicky, desperate to be dramatic and mediocre

if you think it's a "great" game, congratulations, you have bad taste in media, but I'm glad you're having fun I guess

Hey have the seen the latest transformers? you'd like it
>>
>>334979730
It's kind of in a weird spot in that it was arguably the best game in the series until 3 came out, and now 1 is the best.

It did away with all the shit from 1 people hated: horrible inventory, shitty cover system, boring weapon cooling, inventive but uneventful explorable planets. Randomized loot was done away with in favor of interesting, distinct weapons. The list goes on.

Then ME3 came along and perfected the series from a gameplay perspective. ME2's combat previously felt super actiony but now it feels stiff. It's an awkward middle child, without the gameplay of 3 or the story of 1.

Still has the best cast and best ending, though.
>>
What did people ever see in this series? I played about 3-4 hours of ME1 and the most fun i had was fucking around in the buggy
>>
>>334979730
Better than one or three. One had shit gameplay, theee has shit story. Two is best of both.
>>
>>334981462
The whole Shadow broker and Genophage arc was good and interesting
>>334981853
I agree with you that the gameplay did felt actiony and less rpg like and that some of characters were flat,but that didn't hinder the game from being terrible.I thought the Squad mission added depth to the main characters,Seeing Jacob dealing with his father corruption,Mordin deciding on the fact if the genophage was the wrong idea,or was it rightful to stop the Krograns from killing each other.You may not like them,but the stories in my opinion were interesting.Also how was the final mission gimmicky it was the most challenging and fun part of the game,yeah the final boss was shitty but seeing your characters dies gave it a whole new feeling,and show that they were not invincible.

Also I haven't watch movie in three years,and I fucking hate transformers but nice projection there buddy
>>
As shit as the series became, my fondest memory of them all is fighting on the turian Palavan moon.
Being that close to the front line with possibly the most badass militaristic race in existence fighting while overlooking their burning home world, you could feel the inevitable doom approaching but they would never surrender.
They would probably nuke their planet first if they thought it would accomplish anything
>>
No it isn't it's one of the most repetitive games I've ever played.

Every firefight is the same as you wait in cover for 2 or 3 waves of enimies to slowly come around

The shooting is garbage, it's probably the most boring tps ever

Ever recruit mission plays out the same

every loyalty mission plays out the same(except 2)

do you like mining? Because you'll have to do that a few dozen times

God I hated MASS EFFECT 2

MASS EFFECT 3 was MUCH better(though I only played the extended cut)
>>
>>334981853
>you have bad taste in media
We're talking about video games anon, not high-brow literature
>>
>>334982809
Sci-fi atmosphere, character arcs that spanned several games, decent gunplay by the second game.

Thought the first game was definitely slow to get into though.
>>
>>334981774
What about her ass?
>>
>>334984184
Tali's was better IMO.
>>
>>334984249
Probably all warty though
>>
File: 1.jpg (118 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
118 KB, 1920x1080
I just wish they didn't include a gcd on your abilities. Still enjoy it more than 1 when playing through the series again.

>>334983464
It was pretty neat to fight your way around with reapers on the moon while the planet was burning in the background.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.