[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 620x350
Seriously, what went wrong?
>>
File: image.png (114 KB, 473x333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
114 KB, 473x333
I N O V A T I O N
N
O
V
A
T
I
O
N
>>
Your nostalgia
>>
>>334978331

His old games were great though
>>
Nintendo is not a company that can keep replicating success in this generation. Their success always stemmed from times where the lack of technology allowed them to innovate and draw people in. Now we're in an era where even a simple smartphone can do basically everything the Wii did and more, like VR and AR. There's just nothing left for Nintendo anymore, they're sustained from the bones of a dead world.

RIP IN PEACE.
>>
File: Star-Fox-64.jpg (139 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Star-Fox-64.jpg
139 KB, 600x400
>Star Fox 64 is still the best Star Fox game
Fuck
>>
He has an obsession with utilizing motion controls, it's as if he thinks it's only way to make a sequel to a game. The game is a mess, I can't imagine what it would look like if Platinum wasn't there to help.

Star Fox Zero and Splatoon are both prime examples of why Nintendo should get rid of the old higher ups in favor of new blood.
>>
Can't wait until I can play the new Mario on my PS4.5
>>
>>334978038
Obsessed with innovation to the point where he can make shockingly bad decisions (like Wii Music). His ambitions literally shaped video games into what they are today so its sad to see him struggle to innovate in any meaningful way as of late.
>>
nothing you got what you asked for, star fox 64 2

now that the wool has been pulled from your eyes, you can't accept that star fox was always a mediocre on rails shooter so you try to project your anger on something else (miyamoto)

now enjoy no more star fox while glorious pikmin has a game coming out
>>
>>334978038
they did a poll asking if anyone liked the story from super paper mario
only 1 percent said they did
so they decided all future paper marios should be shitty and have no story, no characters
>>
I saw Shigeru Miyamoto at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
Greed.
>>
>>334981959
If Super Paper Mario didn't have it's head so far up it's own ass, we wouldn't be in this place.
>>
Pikmin 3 was great thou
>>
what if it's another god hand scenario where, the game is secretly amazing, but the critics were too stupid to realize
>>
>>334982558
Nice copypasta
>>
>>334978617
This. Back in Nintendo's hayday, the limits of making games were more technical than monetary, which allowed them to impress people with how well they used what they had to work with. Now, the limits are more monetary than technical, and they've lost a lot of their edge because of it (especially competing against companies like Microsoft and Sony, who are both well established in areas besides gaming).
>>
>>334978038
Miyamoto

And

>>334978248
Shigeru
>>
>>334979039
I think platinum was only helping with extra assets
>>
File: on_vaamaisilakin_tuntteen.png (37 KB, 1127x685) Image search: [Google]
on_vaamaisilakin_tuntteen.png
37 KB, 1127x685
>>334978038
>>334978248
I want Yakuza to kill this motherfucker already
>>
>>334978038
I wonder if he's embarrassed?
>>
>>334978248
JUST
>>
>>334981959
Where was this poll?
>>
>>334988294
It was a survey on Club Nintendo.
>>
Motion control was always the wrong approach what we need is mind control where controlling a character is the same as controlling a limb.
>>
>>334979039

The Splatoon team is actually relatively new blood.

And they at least added an option for dual analog if you wanted it.
>>
>>334983460
Miyamoto has nothing left to prove at this point. He just needs to bow out and retire.
>>
>>334989032
Was meant for OP
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.