[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XCOM?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
I have never played any of the XCOM games and I really want to get into the series. What does /v/ recommend, XCOM EU or XCOM 2
>>
It's X-COM not XCOM.

And the series is pretty good.
>>
>>334974010
I only have money for one of the games, so which one do you prefer?
>>
>>334974158
I hear the new one is just as good as the old ones. If you want, you can just jump right in, since FIRAXIS isn't about to become a media cashin.
>>
>>334974521
k thx
>>
>>334974158
I got into it with Enemy Within (just got the commander edition, it has everything).
>>
>>334974734
Enemy Within is really easy I hear too.
>>
>>334974783
On normal maybe.
Not on higher difficulties though, unless you excessively save scum.
>>
>>334975405
The people who were downplaying it were veterans anyway, so that might have something to do with it.
>>
>>334974158

Seconding Enemy Within. XCOM 2 has a fuckton of timed missions and the difficulty is cranked up to unfair
>>
>>334975534
I've never met anyone who would call impossible mode (which the creators now claim is the canon difficulty level) too easy. And if it were, the second wave options would fix that.
>>
the timed missions killed my desire to play xcom 2. really liked the first one though, especially enemy within.
>>
If EU ends up being too easy for you (it won't be) you can try The Long War mod.
One of the greatest mods of all time.
>>
>>334973926
Play EU with enemy within, if you want more play xcom 2.

Xcom 2 is better in my opinion because of all the quality of life changes but they're both really solid. Playing EU second would suck though because a lot of the problems in it are fixed in 2.
>>
I agree with the rest of the thread, by the time you finish EW, all the DLC for XCOM2 should be close to release. Currently I am waiting for the new DLC so I can start a new campaign.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.