[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: starfoxzero.jpg (374 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
starfoxzero.jpg
374 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong?
>>
>>334961565
Why do people always spoiler the right/wrong?
Either word ends up asking the exact same question.
Memes I guess.
>>
assaultfags crying "where our rehash?"
modern vidya journos
filthy secondaries
we KI: uprising naow
>>
>>334961565
>rehashing a game from 1997
Rehashes can be fine provided they do do some things uniquely or add a lot of content. Star Fox Zero does not do either.
>2 hours long
>same structure as 64
>nothing different thematically to make it feel fresh (e.g. Persona 3/4; both similar gameplay wise but feel quite different)
>barely any content
>graphics are terrible and look like Gamecube; Mario Kart 8 looks beautiful and so does Sm4sh so why not SF0?

Meanwhile
>Kid Icarus Uprising
>half on-rails shooter, has 25 levels of it and 25 ground levels
>plethora of weapons of different classes; each with different modifiers
>sliding scale of difficulty; the higher you set it the more rewards you get but the more you lose when you die
>~20 hours long if you do each chapter once (but due to the great loot system and it being tied to difficulty you have lots of motivation to redo chapters for good weapons compared to SF0)
It has infinitely more content, came out five years ago, and is on a fucking handheld.

If you defend SF0 you are the cancer killing Nintendo
>>
it's starfox. it's a bad series.
>>
>>334962653
>If you defend SF0 you are the cancer killing Nintendo
sorry it wasn't Linear Groundfox Zero like you want it, GCN babby.
>>
>>334962846
*Metroid
>>
>>334962890
all he's saying is that KI:U is the superior on-rails shooter by far

it should have been more like that desu
>>
>>334962653
I'm not going to argue with all of that, I can agree with a lot of it.
But it DID do something new, provided a new, innovative control scheme that allows for new enemy types and combat scenarios.
I mean, people seem to fucking hate it, but it's still something new.
I'm still excited though.
>>
>>334962653
don't forget
>game gives you arthirithis
>>
>>334963083
>moving your hands gives you arthritis
Take your meds, gramps.
>>
>>334963027
can't be good if the 3DS controls are fucking rigid and bone cancer inducing than 643D's (Which is a step up by Q-Games from doing Cuckmand's tocuh screen shit)
>>
>>334963187
t. Sakurainigger
>>
>>334963446
Oh wait, I thought you meant SFZ for some reason.
Yeah, KI:U was pretty uncomfortable.
>>
File: OK KID.jpg (65 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
OK KID.jpg
65 KB, 431x450
>>334963187
>Uprising's control scheme is gud guys!
>>
>>334962993
s-shit

no arguing there...
>>
the animated short was too GotS
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.