[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two of the biggest flaws and criticism of Assault was it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 386293-krystal2.jpg.png (836 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
386293-krystal2.jpg.png
836 KB, 1280x1024
Two of the biggest flaws and criticism of Assault was it's linearity and the tedious awkward ground combat. How do we fix the ground combat?
>>
remove it altogether
>>
>>334954404
First reply is always right.
>>
>>334954404
Shit taste desu senpai but that's what I'd expect from a nostalgiafag
>>
>>334954951
what
>>
>>334954404
and make new and better ground combat
>>
Have Platinum do the ground combat and make the game akin to Vanquish. Alternatively, make it similar to Mass Effect instead.
>>334954404
No
>>
Make it not shit
>>
I haven't played Assault, but if it was tedious, make it faster
>>
>>334954404

/thread
>>
>>334955128
Shit taste
>>
I played Assault once, and it was in a Walmart at the time. I never really played past the point where you fought Oikanny, it was okay, but are the ground sections really that bad?
>>
>>334958350
They were just reused multiplayer maps, Assault would have been a better game if the didn't even focus on singleplayer which was an afterthought
>>
Just make the third person controls not shit
>>
>>334958908
Speaking of which, is the multiplayer even as good as people make it out to be? I've heard people praise it up an down here.
>>
>>334953976
Combine it with kid Icarus uprising's combat
>>
>>334958350
The ground gameplay in the single player is tedious and generally not fun. The game has (and shows you) three control schemes. the first (essentially the default) one makes you have to STOP to aim by holding R. You can use traditional dual stick controls but dual stick controls feel a bit unatuaral with a GCN controller. this added with the fact that these stages' objective are having to hunt down and destroy certain items in the maps make it at least 3 times longer than the Arwing levels.
>>
>>334963516
P.S the times were you get to ride on a the wing of an ally and shoot at enemies was pretty dope tho
>>
Did someone say Krystal thread?
>>
>>334961680
It's not the greatest multiplayer ever but it was pretty fun to fuck around in. The multiplayer is actually arena-like and there are tons of customization options with shit like jetpacks and other things like that. The downside was that some of the maps are just simply too big and it could have benefited from the ability to LAN or add bots.
>>
>>334965197
Man I want Namco to get a second go just for the multiplayer alone
>>
>>334967585
I want them to make a good Star Fox game again
>>
>>334961863
THIS.

GIVE STAR FOX TO SAKURAI AND HE WILL SAVE IT.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.