[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>https://augaware.org/en-us >Deus Ex >conspiracies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
>https://augaware.org/en-us

>Deus Ex
>conspiracies and terrorism
>Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Devided
>Augs are bad don't do aug aug aug aug aug aug aug aug aug aug
>>
He didn't ask for this.
>>
Bum
>>
Yeah, RIP Deus Ex franchise
>>
>deus ex facebook page actually posts things relevant to people in the real world having augs

Neat, shame the website won't load properly
>>
>>334951557
Wow! It's almost like it's a prequel dealing with other topics within the same universe or something.....
>>
>>334954080
And it missed the point
Deus Ex isn't even about metal arms and legs
>>
>>334954256
Did you even play HR? It wasn't about metal arms or legs. There was a huge fucking conspiracy at the center of the plot.
>>
>>334954395
>playing Deus Ex for the plot
Nerd
>>
>>334954256
Fucking. Idiot
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-20+at+04.25.38).jpg (121 KB, 1246x469) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-20+at+04.25.38).jpg
121 KB, 1246x469
>>334951557
>Deus Ex
>conspiracies and terrorism
>complaining about how it's not in new game
>click link
>first thing I see
>>
>>334954689
>Augmented terrorist suspected

He does have a bit of a point. They did ride the Aug train a bit heavy.
>>
>>334954858
It makes sense for the world that augs would be a big issue.
>>
>>334954395
Yes it is.
>AUG IS BAD!
>No Aug is good!
>No Aug is bad see augs are turning into zombies now
>oh eoe Aug is bad time to press button to blow up everything
>>
>>334954904
Yeah, but it's kinda boring. Feel like it's an issue we've already covered 400 times.
>>
>>334954256
>Wow! It's almost like it's a prequel dealing with other topics within the same universe or something.....
>>
>>334955019
>lol Illuminati
>>
>>334955043
It's not like Deus Ex 1 had a very original story either. The Illuminati is such a boring plot point.
>>
dark ages is the correct choice
>>
Deus Ex is supposed to cover shit the government is doing to impede on peoples rights or whatever the hot topic of the day was then

Like right now, NSA spying and shit would be right up DX territory
>>
>>334955019
HR literally opens with the Illuminati having a skype call about how their going to continue to control and manipulate the world.
>>
File: takanuva approves.png (30 KB, 231x220) Image search: [Google]
takanuva approves.png
30 KB, 231x220
>>334955336
my man
>>
>>334955318
It wasn't just that. There were way more memoryable arts like the of political debates between JC and various characters about people's rights
>>
>>334955758
memorable*

spell check is broken
>>
DX1 had great dialogue, despite its delivery. at the time voice acting was still in its infancy anyway.

>JC Denton: You said 'outside influences.' What does China fear?

>Isaac: China is the last sovereign country in the world. Authoritarian but willing - unlike U.N.-governed countries - to give its people the freedom to do what they want.

>JC Denton: As long as they don’t break the law.

>Isaac: Listen to me. This is real freedom, freedom to own property, make a profit, make your life. The West, so afraid of strong government, now has no government. Only financial power.

>JC Denton: Our governments have limited power by design.

>Isaac: Rhetoric--and you believe it! Don’t you know where those slogans come from?

>JC Denton: I give up.

>Isaac: Well-paid researchers - how do you say it? - 'think tanks,' funded by big businesses. What is that? A 'think tank'?

>JC Denton: Hardly as sinister as a dictator, like China’s Premier.

>Isaac: It’s privately-funded propaganda. The Trilateral Commission in the United States for instance.

>JC Denton: The separation of powers acknowledges the petty ambitions of individuals; that’s its strength.

>Isaac: A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

>JC Denton: Perhaps certain qualities are an inseparable part of human nature.

>Isaac: The mark of the educated man is the suppression of these qualities in favor of better ones. The same is true of civilization.
>>
>>334955043
Terrorism is fresh new ground though, I sure wish popular media would do something with that
>>
>>334956147
Leo Gold: I think the government made the plague on purpose to get rid of the population growth.
JC Denton: Just answer the question.
Leo Gold: Don’t believe me? It’s all in the numbers. For a hundred years, there’s been a conspiracy of plutocrats against ordinary people.
JC Denton: Do you have a single fact to back that up?
Leo Gold: Number one: In 1945, corporations paid 50 percent of federal taxes. Now they pay about 5 percent. Number two: in 1900, 90 percent of Americans were self-employed; now it’s about two percent.
JC Denton: So?
Leo Gold: It’s called consolidation. Strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals. With taxes, this can be done imperceptibly over time.
>>
>>334956334
Fuck off, racist.
>>
>>334956374
This is the type of shit they're talking about in the elections. Deus Ex is still relevant today.

I never liked this whole aug story because it seems like far future sci-fi stuff. There is sci-fi in Deus Ex but ultimately the game is about the role of government and corporations vs the people
>>
>Political themes are too complex for the average cawadooty 13 year old so instead we have to deal with these made-up pretend controversies.
>>
>>334956683
Even though I wanted more political analysis, augmentations are interesting
If MD reaches a nice equilibrium between the two I'll be happy
>>
>>334956683
It's pretty stupid too. The US is entering a new election cycle, and soon presidency and there is all sorts of material they can use.

Instead it's bad robot men
>>
>>334956870
I mean, the original had augs but the idea was people becoming obsolete and being replaced by new technology. You know, kinda like how people are losing their jobs now

>RIP gunther hermann
>>
>>334956535
I think the real problem with the whole aug thing is that we've seen it a thousand times before: it's a sci-fi scenario that is consciously metaphorical for just about any story of one group being discriminated against, whether by race, religion, sexual orientation, whatever. The problem is, when you don't deal specifically with these conflicts and instead go fof some futuristic allegory, you're bound to simplify things into a predictable and pithy moral of "don't hate people because they're different."

The genius of the original Deus Ex was not how sci-fi it was but how down-to-earth it was. The vision of the future is very different yes, but for the most part it was just expanding conflicts that are already happening in modern times. Even the game design did not make the world look too different from how it is right now, whereas HR is very obviously futuristic
>>
>>334957387
I can't believe this is the best thing they can come up when politics is right on top of everyones minds right now
>>
>>334951557
>Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Devided
>Neo-Luddites, giant corporations and other problems we may be facing in the near future.
>Deus Ex
>The government is bad don't trust the government

Anything can sound stupid if you put it like that.
>>
>>334957883
Luddites are a non issue. People accept technology like candy, especially shit like social networking spying on them.
>>
>>334958216
Also mechanical limbs will never make you shoot laser beams and shit any time in the near future and should just be a gameplay mechanic, not a story one.
>>
>>334957883
It should deal with issues in the here and now like the original did. Corporations still don't pay taxes.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.