[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Witcher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: The_Witcher_EU_box.jpg (51 KB, 250x296) Image search: [Google]
The_Witcher_EU_box.jpg
51 KB, 250x296
should I play with the dub or polish+english sub?
>>
Dub was pretty good if I remember right, go with that.
>>
>>334939732
No it wasn't, English dub for TW1 was horrid.
It's just gotten much better with 2 and 3.

I'd go with Polish + subs for both TW1 and TW2.
TW3 is generally good in both versions and it doesn't matter which one you choose really. Ciri's and Yen's English voices are superior to the Polish ones, though. Sadly
>>
The dub is worth it because Geralt's voice is so nice. A lot of the side characters sound like shit but if you're planning on playing the next two games, they improve dramatically and Geralt's voice actor remains the same.
>>
Polish+english sub is the only right choice.
Polish Geralt is a God tier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlnJdx407Js
>>
>>334939484
>should I play with the dub
there is an easy answer for this for pretty much every game:
yes, you should play with dub. if you play without dub and can't understand the original language, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>334941414
Polish Geralt sucks sacks. He sounds like a jolly uncle while english Geralt has the right voice for the job, which shows especially in the 2nd game.
>>
>>334941772
>I play the butchered version instead of the original one visioned and directed by the creators

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>334942016
>butchered version
aka
>i can't even understand what they are saying version
the retards have arrived.
>>
>>334940437
actually it is amazing how VA grows over 3 games!
did CDPR pay for his tutors or something?
>>
>>334942629
The problem with the 1st game was that no one gave the cast any pointers on how to play their characters. That's why every sentence seems so bland. There was no communication between various teams. CDPR stepped up the game during 2nd game's development.
>>
Polish is better, even more in the first game.
>>
>>334942874
why does it happen to every freaking dub other than english i wonder
don't people responsible for localisations realize how important voice directors are?
>>
>>334943183
funny thing, russian beats it
the only game where i say russian dub is better than english/original
specially past chapter 2 it goes from mediocre to quite good
>>
>>334943224
>>334942874
The german dub was good, only lacked different voice actors.
>>
>>334939484
English, because Vesemir, Geralt and Foltest. I mean, you don't fucking understand how Polish works, you don't understand the nyances and shit. It is no use to go with Polish. O kurwa!!
>>
>>334943475
>tfw slav and can understand Polish in most cases
Feels good to play Witcher with original voices
>>
>>334939484
>it's an "everyone from their respective cunt says their dub is the best" episode
For the first Witcher the Polish has a slight advantage, there are parts of dialogue that are shorter in the non-Pole languages. Afterwards, it's all English that's best. But really though it doesn't fucking matter. It's such a bare-bones game all-round so whether you go with English or Polish you'll still end up with the same experience more or less, just depends on whether you're fine with not understanding a thing that's said or not.
>>
>>334943836
>>it's an "everyone from their respective cunt says their dub is the best" episode
with that reading comprehension, i hope you don't pkay with subs.
>>
>>334943836
>It's such a bare-bones game all-round
has more dialogue than oblivion, skyrim and fallout3/4 put together
>>
>>334939484
Neither, because all audio in W1 is fucking awful. I heard the Czech dub is okay, but never tried it myself.
>>
File: 1460972230234.jpg (14 KB, 480x351) Image search: [Google]
1460972230234.jpg
14 KB, 480x351
>>334940410
>Yen's English VA is superior to Polish one
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Nmizzo-vM
6:08 and 8:56
>>
>>334944158
I meant bare-bones in the sense that the game overall is pretty "simple", not the dialogue. Whether he plays with English or Polish won't significantly impact his experience.
>>
>>334944427
you realize that in RPG it goes like this to make game good
setting>dialogue>characters>everything else
>>
>>334943224
>why does it happen to every freaking dub other than english i wonder

Don't delude yourselves, plenty of languages have bad dubbing teams. The problem is time is money.

>Alright we've got about an hour to record x character's lines, Jake get in the booth let's go we only have the place for an hour.

No time for fine tuning.
>>
>>334944247
I still prefer English one there, sounds sexier and more mature.
Polish one is like a regular girl with a sore throat IMO.
>>
>>334944681
even though technology is at a point when you can setup your own studio on a cheap (also no need for tape which was damn expensive) and just hire sound guy people still insist on doing thing the "proper way"
movie and sound industry is in the past, well i guess half of sound directors still think that vinyl is highest point of sound recording which doesn't help to move forward at all
>>
>>334944247
wait, are you trying to prove that polish is better there? are you half deaf?
>>
>>334945295
>well i guess half of sound directors still think that vinyl is highest point of sound recording which doesn't help to move forward at all

Shhh the vinylfags will come and try to lecture you man.
>>
>>334944247
You're proving his point famalam
>>
Use Polish or Russian dub, those are the best, English dub is just pathetic.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.