[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would you have preferred another subspace emissary in sm4sh over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: up253923.jpg (33 KB, 695x516) Image search: [Google]
up253923.jpg
33 KB, 695x516
would you have preferred another subspace emissary in sm4sh over the single player we did get?
>>
>>334934708
Yes
>>
I would've been satisfied with just having a bigger map of Smash Run with real multiplayer.
>>
>>334934708

Hell yes
>>
>>334934708
Wouldn't everyone?
>>
>>334934708
yes, considering smash 4 has no good single player modes on the version with good controls
>>
Smash run was a mistake.
>>
Absolutely.
I don't know what Sakurai was on about with cutscenes being "a reward" or whatever, but I fucking love that Kirby's Super Star type gameplay and Smash 4 was horrifically lacking in it.
>>
God no. SSE was mindless drivel.
I would have preferred that they put more focus on Master/Crazy Orders though,
>>
What? Are we pretending we love and miss SSE now?
>>
>>334934708

Remove single player entirely. It was never good in any of the games, except for the Master Hand fights. Any resources put into them could be used on literally anything else and the game would be better.

Just do it like Kirby Air Ride with the challenges.
>>
>>334935567
>not liking SSE
>Basically just a suped-up Adventure mode
>full of rad classic Nintendo bosses in a Smash format
>which means you also get a boss rush mode
>cutscenes with goofy character interactions
>an interesting and unorthodox way to quickly unlock characters
I don't understand you people.
It's like getting an entirely separate game on top of a Smash multiplayer experience.
>>
>>334934708
hell yeah!
>new bosses
there's more than that but that's all I can think of
>>
It boggles the mind that people are nostalgic over SSE. Have you tried playing it again recently? It is boring as sin and needlessly long. The cutscenes were certainly cool, but we still got those in the form of the high quality reveal trailers so the only thing we are left without is a bullshit pseudo-platformer that you had to play through twice to finish.
>>
File: 1427347294374.jpg (45 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1427347294374.jpg
45 KB, 512x397
>>334935567
>We

Fuck off and form an opinion of your own. I liked it from the start.
Melee and 64 had the same stuff to it, and it only improved in Melee and Brawl. The absence of it in Smash4 irked me greatly.
>>
>>334936039
yeah, and it was pretty fun.....the first time. Its a mode that lost its luster very quickly and god help you if you have to beat it twice because it is monotonous as fuck
>>
>>334936039

>Basically just a suped-up Adventure mode

Which was terrible.

>full of rad classic Nintendo bosses in a Smash format

All five of them, the rest of the bosses and all of the enemies being Sakurai's fanfiction wank.

>which means you also get a boss rush mode

It's sad that you have to include non-subspace game modes to justify subspace. Those bosses could have been included without attaching a terrible game to them.

>cutscenes with goofy character interactions

Everyone loved these, the rest of the mode was terrible.

>an interesting and unorthodox way to quickly unlock characters

"Interesting" and "unorthodox" does not mean "good".
>>
>>334936039
>Mindless and repetitive gameplay
>Extremely slow pacing
>>
>>334934708

No

I would have preferred a simple melee style adventure mode but with more bosses(like sse).

The only good part about the trainwreck of Subspace was the bosses
>>
>>334935827
How can a game with one button be so based.
>>
>>334934708
i would trade literally every single player mode just for an *actual* Classic mode

>can't fight master hand on higher difficulties, always have to fight master core
>Master Fortress exists because fuck you
>Angry Birds mode instead of Break The Targets
>no Board the Platforms because the game is too fucking floaty for it to be any fun
>8P matches are mandatory in ""Classic"" and All-Star
>Crazy Orders and Master Orders are fucking stupid, useless modes that could have been combined into just one mode
>Smash Tour, need I say more

remove all that garbage and bring back Melee adventure mode, or just ACTUAL CLASSIC MODE

HOW ABOUT A SINGLE FUCKING STAGE FROM MELEE THAT ISNT PORTED FROM BRAWL? HOW ABOUT ANYTHING FROM MELEE?? FUCK YOU SAKURAI
>>
>>334934708
Melee adventure was better than those two garbage modes. The levels were short, you got to explore actual worlds from the franchises, it had cool cutscenes and an awesome final boss. The only thing Brawl had to do was expand the mode a little, maybe put in a small story and it would have been perfect. Instead, we got a shitty Kirby game with long and boring levels and a story similar to a fanfic.
>>
>>334937801
>Melee adventure was better than those two garbage modes. The levels were short, you got to explore actual worlds from the franchises, it had cool cutscenes and an awesome final boss

Is this bait?
Melee adventure is garbage that stopped trying about halfway through.

Then it just became "hurrr fight this character in their home stage with gimmick included"

Nostalgiashitter spotted
>>
>>334934708
Melee Adventure Mode with more levels like the first MK stage or the Maze.

Bring back Boss Battles too, I loved that shit.
>>
Absolutely

The fact this is a crossover game with NONE of the crossover is retarded. Where are the character interactions that's the whole point of being a crossover
>>
SSE was alright but it did get kinda boring about halfway through. I think if they improved the level design a bit and kept boss battles and cutscenes it would be really good. The cutscenes with quirky crossover stuff was what I enjoyed.

But please, for the love of God, don't pull that bullshit of reusing the entire world as a pre-final boss mechanic. I can't stand that and it's the one reason that always keeps me from replaying SSE.
>>
>>334938636
you mean that cutscene where tabuu uses his wings, everyone gets fucked, and you have to go fight everyone's "dark form" or some shit?

fuck that
>>
>>334934708
i would prefer good gameplay.
>>
>>334934708
Better question. Who the fuck wouldn't and why?
>>
>>334938958
Yeah that. It was after you finished like 90% of the campaign and had met Tabuu. He did some shit and then everyone got dark versions of themselves and you had to re-travel the entire world to fight each dark version.

I don't know what the term is for that where you reuse a game's asset over again to artificially extend the game's length but it's really lame and makes me not want to play it.
>>
>>334936337
i dont know how
>>
>>334939402
Padding?
>>
File: 1405364137094.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1405364137094.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>334934708
Just give me more of those cutscenes, fampai
>>
>>334939841
>Falcon's smug fucking face throughout the fight

Man, if Smash 4 had an adventure mode and had more bosses, less kingdom heart enemies, and cutscenes like these, I'd buy two copies.
>>
>>334935418
Samurai just spews whatever nonsense comes to his head. He's a lunatic that needs to stay away from smash 5
>>
>>334935567
No, I think it's more the fact that in place of SSE tr4sh had nothing. It was just such an empty game with so little in it (presumably because they had to split it into a real game and a glorified tiger handheld version)
>>
>>334939402
SSE should've pulled a Mega Man, and just have a big ass room with teleporters so you can do 1v1s with everyone before Tabuu.
>>
File: 1364769959221.jpg (33 KB, 345x251) Image search: [Google]
1364769959221.jpg
33 KB, 345x251
>>334939841
god damn the FE:A/fates cutscenes are so fucking gorgeous and it saddens me knowing we'll never get them in HD
>>
File: 1405378955553.png (715 KB, 580x810) Image search: [Google]
1405378955553.png
715 KB, 580x810
>>334940206
To think Falcon was going to smash Lucina's face in full force with a Falcon Punch if Robin hadn't show up
>>
>>334939516
I guess. I was thinking padding was just using small parts of a game that were boring and tedious but I can see how it fits for SSE.
>>
File: aku.gif (835 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
aku.gif
835 KB, 500x375
>>334934708
fuck yes. am i the only one that loves the subspace emissary?

to be fair, brawl was my first true smash game. i never owned melee so i rarely played it.

so the party fighter experience was new to me. and since i was a loner in high school, i played a lot of single player.

i thought it was neat as fuck, and we need more side-scrolling beat 'em ups from nintendo IPs.
>>
>>334939841
Why do works of fiction frequently show people dragging their sword along the ground?
>>
File: 1297135896943.jpg (28 KB, 582x461) Image search: [Google]
1297135896943.jpg
28 KB, 582x461
>>334940780
Sparks are pretty
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.