[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear eurofags, What the hell does the fear rating mean? Also,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: pegi.jpg (71 KB, 570x287) Image search: [Google]
pegi.jpg
71 KB, 570x287
Dear eurofags,
What the hell does the fear rating mean?
Also, does your rating system really label games with discrimination?
>>
It means that it is a horror game.
Discrimination is a big no-no because most of the governments in European countries are very heavy with political correctness despite racism itself being a bit more socially accepted than it is in the states.
>>
it's informing you that it has spooky shit in the game. RE and SH gave me nightmares when i was a kid so i think it's a good idea t b h.
>>
>>334934392
Fear means horror,never played or seen a game with the discrimination logo so it could just be added to the list if needed

you naughty boy :D ;P
>>
>>334934834
>>334935035
I've seen the "Fear" tag on Ratchet and Clank, so it's not just Horror games.
>>
>>334934392
It's content ratings, it's useful in case say a mum wants to buy her son a game and doesn't mind violence or horror but doesn't wan't swearing.
>>
>>334935105
Hitman Contracts had Discrimination for some reason.
>>
>>334935246
>doesn't wan't swearing
Who cares about swearing?
>>
>>334934392
So, as you probably know, the major economical players in Europe are France and Germany. Of the two, Germany has more financial pull. (The United Kingdom is weird, so let's forget it for now.)

Germany also happens to be very, very fucking strict about its content.

And nobody makes french, english, dutch, etc... Versions, it's all one big European version, with different selectable written languages.

Words can be easily changed, but what about images, gore, and everything? That's going to stay the same. So the games need to adjust to the lowest determinator in term of permissiveness, and use a lot of signaletics to appease the German market.

That's where quite a lot of the censorship from European versions come from, and the reason for all these signs.

Because Nazis.
>>
>>334934392
Fear means spooky
>>
File: pegi.png (120 KB, 479x1061) Image search: [Google]
pegi.png
120 KB, 479x1061
>>334934392
here come the spoon, say ah
>>
>>334934392
>>334936079
i've never seen a game with the discrimination warning.
>>
File: 1435797230476.png (219 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
1435797230476.png
219 KB, 358x358
>>334934392
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=26980&Title=Scribblenauts
>steak can be attached to a baby to attract lions
>someone at the ESRB actually sat down and tested this
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.