[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Gearbox delivered the best shooter of 2016?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Battleborn_StartScreen_HeroArt.jpg (942 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Battleborn_StartScreen_HeroArt.jpg
942 KB, 1920x1080
Where were you when Gearbox delivered the best shooter of 2016?
Joking aside, did you like the Battleborn beta? Who was your favorite character and was it fun?
>>
It was fun when people worked together.

Nobody had the slightest clue how to play, and nobody had any want to cooperate.

That and most heroes are locked behind a grind wall, or boring campaign missions.

Regardless, I played one game mode, and the map was boring after a few games. Not enough content to pay that price.
>>
File: The Listening.jpg (295 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The Listening.jpg
295 KB, 1280x720
The characters having to be unlocked is a big fucking problem, and I didn't get to try out most of the characters I was interested in. That said I really did enjoy playing Miko. Thorn was okay but I'm not very good at sniping, especially in my case since aiming was made harder by me playing on a toaster. Melee should be in third person and is incredibly disorienting, distance feedback is awful for melees.

Overall, the game has problems, but it also has some good ideas and cool characters, I hope things go well for it.
>>
>>334929991
It was pretty shit tbqhw/u
>>
>>334929991
Played missions with friends. It was okay. Lumberjack stronk, vampyre a shit.
>>
>>334930687
I had the opposite experience. All of my friends downloaded it as well and we never had a party of less than 4. We were stomping kids pretty hard. The campaign wasn't that bad either with 4 people, we ran through each mission in ~10 minutes.
>>
I didn't like it at all. The movement felt really bad, like I kept getting stuck in random objects. And I guess I don't really like the MOBA aspects either, it felt like a confusing clusterfuck.
>>
What's about Gearbox shilling so hard here in /v/?
>>
Based off of 6 or so hours playing

- most of the characters were locked behind a progression wall. I like unlocking characters, but a majority of them shouldn't be locked from the get go. Half should be unlocked from the start and the rest should be unlockable by playing a certain corresponding character.

- No way to test out the characters without actually going into the campaign or multiplayer. Cutscenes and load times made switching take 5+ minutes before you could actually tinker around with a new character on solo campaign. It adds up to nearly 2 hours of waiting around total if you just want to see how all the character work in action.

- Long load times, cutscenes aren't immediately skippable and matchmaking can take forever. Even in solo play, the loading times are way to long.

- Most of the cast seems to focus on melee(I could be remembering wrong), but the basic mobs in the game seems to favor those with ranged weaponry. However the opposite is true for the boss fights as ranged weaponry does fuck all, the bosses will get into your face and wreck your shit. This is a poor balance, it works when you are in a team, but for solo play it makes it impossible.

I really wanted to like it, and might pick it up at launch if they fix the balance issue's and long loading times.
>>
File: 1459716811079.jpg (71 KB, 400x636) Image search: [Google]
1459716811079.jpg
71 KB, 400x636
I think battleborn is a better MNC but I fear it will be dead soon because of the $60 price. It needs to attract the MOBA crowd, and people who are used to free games aren't going to shell out $60 unless it has blizzard's dick on it. People will whine saying that it has enough content for the price, but that doesn't matter if people are only interested in some of the content (multiplayer) and view the campaign as filler. They desperately need to either lower the price significantly (which they won't do due to preorders) or offer some sort of free trial mode/free weekend events.

Battleborn could be amazing but when the crowd that could keep it alive for years don't want to buy it, you need to make changes.
>>
I wholeheartedly expected to hate Battleborn but in the end I put in 41 hours into the demo. It's a very good 7/10
also Galilea needs to be nerfed to fuck! that 36% attack boost and 35% attack speed boost is broken
>>
I wish the open beta lasted a few days longer. Game's really fun.
>>
Decided to try Reyna

>Clutch Ally saves all day

>pushing back the melee shit heroes

>homing blasts that do a shit ton of damage and extra damage to shields

>good healing

>can have slowing pistol shots

>pickable always

>aoe blasts clear waves in good time so pushing is yes

Why is she such a jack of all trades?
>>
Absolutely could not warm up to the terrible art firection and cringeworthy "humor"

Pre-ordered Overwatch instead
>>
File: battleborn-Boldur.jpg (51 KB, 633x411) Image search: [Google]
battleborn-Boldur.jpg
51 KB, 633x411
Why was Boldur considered a complex character to use?
Smack shit with axe, block bullets, thats it!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.