[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got done marathoning this game. Was it any good, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 480x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 480x263
I just got done marathoning this game. Was it any good, /v/?
>>
I had tons of fun playing it way back when
>>
I quite enjoy it.
>>
>>334926681
The cell stage was my favorite.
I also enjoyed making super fucked up things just to see the way the game tried to make them walk.
>>
No. It was a shitty game and any fun you think you had wasn't real fun.
>>
It was alright
Everything before space was servicable, the stages didn't need too much depth since they were temporary anyway
However, what really killed the space stage for me was that "empire management" was you personally flying your ship everywhere
I don't fucking wanna pick up resources to sell from 50 different planets
>>
>>334928974
>I don't fucking wanna pick up resources to sell from 50 different planets
Oh a little blue collar work to good for you holy emperor?
>>
>>334928765
>cell stage

Yup, that was the only enjoyable part.
Shit game to be h
>>
>>334929115
>a little
I wish
Also, I just remembered every planet you colonized barely had any output, the world you started on always had like 10x the production
What was up with that stupid shit?
>>
>>334926681
Why the fuck are you asking if you're the one who played it
>>
Tribal is shit
>>
>>334929259
Its a meme you penis
>>
Fucker you played it for 27 hours you tell ME

anyway yeah every year and a half I'll binge play it and never touch it again, if they made Spore 2 controller support would be great
>>
>>334926681
Yes, as long as you're not comparing it to what was promised and what was possible.
>>
What was that RPG based on it? That turned out to be shit, right?
>>
>>334926681

It was OK actually.

It was just not what everybody expected. This game was hyped months before it's release and in everybody's minds this was going to be the game to end all games.
This game was going to let you create your own creature and let you guide it through it's evolution to sentience untill it eventually becomes a space faring species.

The idea sounds awesome. Everybody felt let down by how shallow the whole experience ultimately was.

Fuck. What did we expect ?
>>
The space stage was almost amazing.
But every single time you leave your solar system and get a few stars away, they call you back because of some bullshit ecosystem disaster or pirate invasion.
Even when you get the security drones, they still aren't enough to allow you some distance from your colonies.
I looked for a mod that fixes this and couldn't find one. Apparently it's really hard-wired into the game.
>>
>>334930036
This is precisely why I dropped it
Are there at least a lot of weapons to buy in the space stage? I might pick the game up again sometime but I got really turned off by "OH NO THERE'S PIRATES, PLEASE SHOOT THEM WITH YOUR INEFFECTUAL LASER"
>>
>>334929238
Its because your homeworld is the only one that allows more than 3 cities. Each city increases your output.
Unfortunately, if someone invades and destroys some of the cities on your homeworld, you can't rebuild them.
>>
>>334926681

>I just got done marathoning this game.

You tell me, you fucking mong.
>>
>>334930260
Huh I could've sworn it was a higher ouput per city than new colonies
Terraforming was surprisingly cool though
>>
It was fun, but shallow.
>>
>>334930208

one of the perks of reaching the space stage through military conquest was that the pirates are actually scared to attack your colonies.

I found this out many years later when I played the game again recently and it allowed me quite a bit more freedom to explore.

Got bored again though before I got even close to the galactic core. But it was a much better experience than previously.
>>
>>334930208
There are, I especially liked the auto-blaster. You just go near enemy ships and it shoots at them.
But I wanted to explore and create a vast galactic empire. Maybe now there is a mod that at least reduces the chances of getting a call.
>>334930410
You could be right, I don't think I ever compared the individual cities.
>>
>Created an endless supply of penis shaped monsters
>Never quite happy with hthe way they look
>Sometimes the way they walk on their balls feels awkward
>Sometimes the hairs on their testicles clip through the skin and ground
>Never managed to get the slit on the head right either
>All in all, they fail to capture the essence what it is to be a penis
>One night, I suddenly wake up with an epiphany similar to what Michelangelo and Da Vinci must have experienced in their lives
>To create a penis, one needs a context
>Design a regular bipedal creature with a HUGE cock dangling between it's legs
>Like seriously half the creature's spine went into that thing
>Extremely happy with how it turned out, this is how a penis should be. My Magnum Opus.
>The ragdoll physics make it flop perfectly around when jumping
>The texture is smooth and glistening, and the head pulses with anticipation
>Can't keep my eyes of it
>Fly around, the humongous dick bouncing through the air when I suddenly get a boner
>wtf
>Start to fap because it looks too delicious
>Cum in my hand while staring at that delicious shiny cock
>instantregret.jpg
>The look in my creature's eyes is one of pity and loathing
>uninstall Spore forever

Fun game 7/10
>>
>>334929801
Maxis still had a reasonable reputation. Spore had some polemic DRM bullshit too, and things only went downhill since.
>>
Can you even declare war on friendly species in the space stage? I remember diplomacy was kinda bare bones and your only income was through trade
>>
>>334930036
EA made this game hard to mod, probably to sell more DLC. Sad, because Maxis had a tradition of customizable/moddable games.
>>
>>334926681
It was quite good if you didn't have any expectations for it. I didn't. It was great.
>>
>Didn't get hyped
>Never knew much about the game
>Got bored and decided to pirate it around 2015
>Had an enjoyable time
I never had high expectations, so I enjoyed it. Was really shallow though.
>>
>>334930820

True, Maxis was the shit back then. Practically all of their games up until that title were legends.
>>
>>334929801

I think people saw the alpha version of the game that had a lot more depth to it. It was really detailed on how your creature would move around based on how you built it. However, they ended up dumbing it down and making it "cuter". There wasn't much game left after that.
>>
>be will wright
>EA ruined your dream game Spore
>EA ruined your classic series Sim City
>EA ruined your highly successful The Sims franchise
>disappear from the industry in shame
>>
>>334926681
I enjoyed it.
>>
>>334926681
for some reason you stop building stuff half way through the game?
>>
>Cell stage
Really fun but too short and not enough customization
>Creature state
Shit, boring, shallow, a terrible slog.
>Tribal stage
Baby's first RTS
>Civilization stage
Baby's second RTS
>Space stage
Obviously has the most to do, pretty fun to level up but overall dull
6/10 for me
>>
>>334931516

Yeah they told people a stuff like that and I suppose from a technical standpoint they did deliver. I mean if you think about it is pretty amazing that you could make a creature of any shape and size and number of legs and whatnot and it could still figure out how to walk around in the world on its own.

People envisioned that it was going to have heavy RTS elements to it and so forth but in the end each stage really came down to some really simple mechanics. There was no teching up during the civilization stage for example it all came down to who could grab all the resources the fastest and churn out the most units.

In the end I think they whole idea is still pretty awesome, if each of these stages can be fleshed out and made more meaningful it'd be a pretty awesome game.
>>
>>334930965
Just found out about "forgottenspore" which apparently decreases all of the raids and bio-disasters.
I'm also trying to find more info about "betterspore" which seems more customizable.
If these work, I might have to try spore again
>>
>>334926681
Fuck everything about this piece of shit. Most misleading garbage I've ever bought.
By the time I got to the space part (the only good part) I was already too bored to death to finish the game, if that's even possible.
>>
>>334932440
>and I suppose from a technical standpoint they did deliver
Did you even see the preview videos?
>>
>>334932440

They didn't deliver. The movement and capibilities was based on algorithms and had an impact on how you could play. You couldn't build a creature with small legs and expect him to move fast. You couldn't have a creature hunt animals unless some claws/teeth. The system they implemented just used points and the parts were effectively cosmetic. I wish i had the one forum post by one of the developers who mentioned all that was stripped out.
>>
>>334932447
>betterspore
please post if you find any more info about this, I'd really like to know what the "Overhaul of the Creature and Space stages" actually does
>>
>the 80% done I cucked version of spore will wright demo'd at e3 exists somewhere in the EA vault.
>>
File: 1443256652925.jpg (98 KB, 983x758) Image search: [Google]
1443256652925.jpg
98 KB, 983x758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TXEUiR1Xk
>>
>>334932865
>system where the physical size and shape of your creature determined its effectiveness
>replaced with stats

I'm still dissapointed. The tech demo made it look like it was gonna be Animal Planet: The Game. Fighting looked violent and they even humped each other when making babies instead of dancing.
As a side note, having internal biology like different organs and shit woulda been cool. Determine what your critter could digest or not, change bone structure or composition.
>>
>>334932649
>>334932865

I must admit it did sound like it was going to be a whole lot cooler than what it turned out to be.

All I'm saying is, in their minds perhaps they thought they had something great going on, and this led to them leading people to believe that what they had was way better than what it actually was.

Perhaps they did it on purpose ? To make money, I don't know.
>>
>>334934053
they actually had features done that they then removed you dumb shit
>>
>>334932984
Just downloaded it and the readme.txt has a list of the specific features.
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far:
>Creature Stage:
>No more annoying sea monster
>There are many more roaming creatures then before.
>Space Stage:
>Cost more to repair and recharge.
>Costs more to buy up solar systems.
>Now have up to 8 trade routes.
>Have up to 8 planets in a solar system.
>More chance of a barren planet then T1-3 compared to the original game.
>Abduct from higher up, so you don’t have to keep going lower.
>More buildings and Turrets on T1 and T2 planets.
>Turrets are better defenders.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Less attacks, less disasters.
>>
>>334934140

now, now, I'm not the guy who promised you these features anon.
>>
>>334934254
forgotten spore seems to do way more but it sounds like it goes the other way around and adds shitloads of colonizable planets
>>
>>334933064
>Nobody will ever leak the playable demo build that Robin Williams played
>>
>>334934324
I don't give a shit, I'm just saying you're fucking stupid
they didn't think "they had something great going on, and this led to them leading people to believe that what they had was way better than what it actually was"
they weren't Molyneux promising shit they couldn't ever deliver
they actually had features done and were forced to remove them
that's the entire point, so stop being dumb
just watch the damn tech demo presentation
>>
>>334934579

I'm sorry man. I didn't know about those features that they had to take out.
>>
>>334932440
Anyone following it before it was released will tell you it had Molyneux level hype and promises behind it and what we got did not deliver on these. Sure, on a superficial level it did deliver on some aspects, but there's literally zero gameplay impact from your creature and vehicle design and that made it feel very shallow.
And I know changing that would've taken an incredible amount of work, but I think they should've found someway to deepen the different stages of the game somehow.
>>
Would you buy SPORE 2?
>>
>>334934379
I guess it depends on whether or not you enjoy terraforming and moving plants and creatures around.
I'm glad these exist though I'm going to have to give them a try
>>
>>334926681
I liked it, personally. That being said, I didn't know about any of the hype for it leading up to release, so I didn't really expect anything other than "make silly creatures that evolve" and that was it.
>>
>>334935748

Yeah I think I would have liked it too if I'd never been exposed to the hype leading up to the game.

I just expected too damn much.
>>
>>334935323
What will make it good?
>>
>>334933695
I kinda wish they had kept it to a smaller scale and it was more of building your own anmials, environments, and eco systems, completely getting rid of the intelligence aspect where they start acting human, or at the very least make tribal society something very hard to achieve. Having to design a creature that works is a lot more fun than simply playing with playdough creatures. Then designing them to fit into an ecosystem and have adaptability along with myriad other creatures rather than all types of different, wacky messes living together.
>>
File: marina13.gif (989 KB, 500x214) Image search: [Google]
marina13.gif
989 KB, 500x214
>Cell Stage
Fun and interesting
>Creature Stage
little bit boring but still fun
>Tribal Stage
meh
>Civil Stage
even more meh
>Space
a little bit more fun than the previous 2

Bonus
>Galactic Adventures
Fun for a few hours, but gets boring after while
>Creepy and Cute Parts Pack
They literally charge you for a few shitty mouths and eyes that look like shit
>>
boring, just a meme game
>>
>>334930571
Gay/10
>>
>>334929301
>cant micro
>blames everything but himself
>>
File: 523050_v1.jpg (24 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
523050_v1.jpg
24 KB, 350x263
Creature creator is kinda need be each stage after cell is mind numbingly boring.
>>
>>334939773
micro? u wot?
all you needed to do was to take your entire tribe to some other tribe and fuck them up
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.