[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Second form: Easy shit with a good shield, can soak up most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
>Second form: Easy shit with a good shield, can soak up most damage and he's easy to dodge
>First form: Night fucking impossible due to the camera doing wild 360s, switching locks, not locking at all, dropping lock on, and the boss having targeted attacks to fuck with people who try not locking on.

Once again, From has made the hardest boss in the game only hard because of their shitty camera mechanics.

How fucking hard is it to extend the lock on range for a boss? Or maybe zoom the camera out a bit so people can see what the fuck is going on?
>>
I also really dislike the first phase, but it's not very hard, just annoying.

The second phase was a lot harder for me.

At least it's consistent - Lord of Cinder can either be the easiest boss in the game, or the hardest depending on which moveset the RNGods give him.
>>
I swear no one ever play tests these bosses. They've had 5 games to realize that they should NEVER make a flying boss/highly mobile giant boss, and yet they keep doing it.
>>
>>334927120

But Sinh and Kalameet were great bosses...
>>
>>334926270

First phase can be pretty annoying due to the camera angles. Pretty hard to angle it in a way you can hit the head and also see exactly what the boss is doing. Fun fight otherwise.
>>
>>334927339
Are you shitting me? Sinh is the worst boss of DSII hands down, and Kalameet, while being better, was still not very good. At least he wasn't always flying across the battlefield.

If by "good" you mean, "I'm a faggot who likes dragons, and don't give a fuck about the mechanics" then sure, but as far as an actual boss fight goes Sinh especially was shit.
>>
>>334927339
>Sinh
>Great

Yeah, it sure was fun running from one side of the room to the other for 90% of the fight.
>>
>>334927450

I don't particularly like dragons, but I like the Sinh and Kalameet fights because if you were going to fight a dragon, that is how you would expect the fight to go.

Also, the fights are kind of designed so that you swap between being locked on and free camera, depending on what's happening.

I understand how they can be frustrating, but sometimes controlling your frustration is a key part of winning a boss fight in a souls game. If you're patient, they aren't as annoying to fight.
>>
>>334926270
The first phase is only hard for fuckwads who think that they have to attack big dragon in the ass.
Stand in front of the head and lock on works as intended and you can see all attacks coming from mile away and the fight is trivial.
>>
>>334926270
While I agree on the shitty camera mechanics,
I used to unlock this guy every time the camera started going crazy. Pressing a stick isn't that hard.
>>
>>334928042
No. It's not about patience and perseverance. The fight with Sinh is a fundamentally flawed fight, among other reasons, because he's always flying to the other side of the map. That's not by any stretch of the imagination a good boss fight, and beating him isn't satisfying. Beating him made me just as angry as when I died to him. I was angry at whoever the fuck let that thing slip into the game. That no one said "Hey, this boss is horrible, lets drop it or fix it."

There was nothing at all satisfying about it, and "annoying" is a word I would use to describe a broken boss.

It's like watching a good movie, but then randomly the camera starts shaking for no reason and shit gets blurry and the quality dips.

Kalameet was decent, but not what I would call a good boss. They should have just used that template, but made it better. They went the opposite direction.
>>
>>334928474
>Stand in front of his head.
That's difficult to do when he's literally flying circles around you.
>>
>>334928825

There is only one move where he does that, and the lightning bolt is super easy to dodge. The sweep is harder to dodge, but you get a big recovery window to estus.

All the other attacks are either on the ground, or his ancient dragon style flame breath which you should not be looking at him during anyway.
>>
Just don't try locking on to the dragon in the first phase. Have none of you played Monster Hunter?
>>
>>334928643
The flying is predictable and he has many openings after landing. Figuring out when he's flying, where he lands and exploiting it is something you can and should do. In fact figuring out how you can maximize the amount of hits you do when he's on the ground is part of the challenge and fun of the fight. Which part of the boss is "broken", exactly?
>>
>>334929357
When he flies is an RNG shit shoot. One time he was on the ground most of the time, the other 4 or 5 times I fought him he would land and then IMMEDIATELY go fly again, regardless of where I was or what I was doing.
>>
>>334927508
>fight a dragon
>woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow why is it flying
git gud sihn's fight is great.
>>
>>334929820
You can bait out attacks, it depends on your positioning
>>
>>334926270
This guy would hands down be the best boss in the game if he didn't have his first form. His first form just ruins the awesome and fun fight that is the second form.
>>
>>334929838
>Fight dragon
>Doesn't just stay in the air for the entire fight and spews constant fire at you
>Doesn't fly away if it starts to lose

Yeah, nice casual fight.

If it was a REAL dragon fight you would have to be forced to take it down by spending a couple hour shooting arrows at it while dodging his flames.
And then when you hurt it too much it would fly away and you would have to rest at the bonfire to respawn the boss.

Now THAT would be a fun and cool fight!
>>
File: 1460669365708.jpg (477 KB, 812x806) Image search: [Google]
1460669365708.jpg
477 KB, 812x806
>>334930351
>fly away
>in what's basically a giant cave
>while it's very obviously injured and not at full strength
>>
>>334930351
If the fight's like Kalameet then you barely even feel like you're fighting a dragon, and the fight's unsatisfying thanks to the fact that you're poking his legs until he gives up and falls down. Ancient Dragon feels very much like a fight with a dragon but it's god fucking awful because he mostly stays in the air and all his attacks one shot you. Sinh is a decent mix between the two where he actually feels like a dragon instead of an oversized dog while not getting too annoying with the flying and fire breath.
>>
>>334930531
>Very clearly flew from the area you first see him to his nest underground
>Can't fly away now though

All Sinh had to do was jump over the spiky rocks and you wouldn't be able to get to it anymore.

It even tries to ambush you at the bridge so it can clearly fly around just fine even with a sword through its chest.
>>
>>334930667
>while not getting too annoying with the flying and fire breath.
Except he does, and then some. You say Ancient Dragon is always in the air, but Sinh is in the air twice as much as he is.

Sinh was designed to be fought with multiple spellcasters who can attack at range. He wasn't made for melee, and it shows in the way that wherever you are, he's on the opposite side of the map breathing fire at you.

>Run to that side, he switches sides
>Stay on your side, he stays on his
>Try to bait him to switch, he waits until you get to his side, and then he flies over before you can attack.

And then, by the grace of god, when you finally get close enough to him to hit him, he breaks your sword in like 10 hits for some fucking reason. He's the only enemy in any of the games to do that, and I guess it's something to do with his "stony dragon hide", but it's no less annoying and comes off as just another cheap tactic to add bullshit difficulty to a shitty boss.
>>
>>334931007
Well then why didn't it keep flying around anyway? And even if it did try to fly away, there's basically
no way out.

And something huge and powerful like a dragon probably wouldn't run away like a little bitch if it gets hurt, it would terminate any threats to its existence with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>334930351
real dragon eh
yeah i miss them too
>>
>>334926270
>Night fucking impossible

The American education system, everyone.
>>
>>334926270
>>First form: Night fucking impossible

How bad can someone be?
>>
>>334930351
>Dragons Dogma Gryphons
>They fucking fly away if you dont injure their wings
>Good fucking luck finding one again on your first playthrough

fuck you man it's a videogame don't bring real life bullshit into it that's not fun
>>
>>334931160
>And something huge and powerful like a dragon probably wouldn't run away like a little bitch if it gets hurt, it would terminate any threats to its existence with extreme prejudice.
That worked out so well for the Ancient Dragons
>>
>>334930351
That''s literally what the Wyvern does in in the first area of 3.
>>
>>334931076
>You say Ancient Dragon is always in the air, but Sinh is in the air twice as much as he is.

Depends, you can quite easily bait out his attacks. And when he lands there's a period where he's very passive so you can predict and run up to him very easily. If he's on the opposite side of you and breathes fire, you can roll through it or easily block it with a shield unlike Ancient Dragon who forces you to run away a massive distance or die like a bitch. Staying close to him when he's on the ground provides a fight closer to Kalameet while Ancient Dragon just becomes a clusterfuck. He very much was made for melee because most of his attacks are designed for characters who stay close to him, by being away from him you're missing most of his moves and the fight becomes a total joke. Pretty sure his blood or skin's meant to be corrosive too with how common that is in the area.
>>
>>334931160
Probably was protecting the crown so he couldn't fly away anymore, actually.

But he does run away like a bitch.
This is the fight:
>Oh shit this human is getting too close, I better fly away to the other side
And he does just that, for the entire fight, the little pussy bitch.

That little faggot dragon was probably wishing Yorgh had stuck the spear through his ass instead of his chest because of how much that faggot dragon enjoys a cock in his ass.
>>
File: 1406629227185.jpg (69 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1406629227185.jpg
69 KB, 450x450
literally the opposite for me. I finish phase 1 in no time and with no sweat just to get instantly killed in phase 2. No matter when I roll his fucking spear enters my anus and makes soup of my insides.
>>
>>334931915
Roll into his attacks, not out of them.
If he's swinging, roll in the direction the blade is coming from, not the other way.
His timings take practice, but most of his attacks are easy to dodge, just watch out for follow up attacks. Only go for one hit at a time unless you're sure he doesn't have another attack coming.
>>
>>334931915
exactly this holy shit
>spend what feels like 2 hours slowly whittling down the bird by hugging his dick and only coming out to attack when he does something punishable
>Gwyn's cunt of a son comes down and oneshots me before I have time to even be happy about beating phase 1
>>
>>334931376
>>334931380
idk, it's pretty impossible to fuck the concept of "night"
>>
>>334932348
Nigga, hit the dragon's head when it goes down.
>>
>>334927339
>Sinh
Was terrible. Wasn't difficult at all and was very boring.
>>
>>334926270
You're actually fucking trash. I summoned 3 sunbros and the guy fell like a house of cards.
>>
File: KellyC.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
KellyC.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>334926270
>locking on

git gud
>>
>>334934219
I bet some faggot is gonna call you a casual but summoning is literally hard mode.

>Fight the boss 1v1
>The have a tiny HP pool and barely do any damage

>Summon 3 glorious bros
>Boss becomes an MMO boss with a trillion HP and buffed damage
>Have to coordinate with your bros
>Draw aggro so bros can catch a break

Fucking casual not summoning and playing easy mode.
>>
I'm trying to beat Pontiff nigger faggot for probably the 20th time.
Camera can be shit sometimes, when he starts spinning my camera goes everywhere.
>>
>>334934219
I had never summoned or been summoned in these games until this one, being a sunbro trying to rank up the covenant, and it's crazy how much it trivializes a fight. The bosses are designed to have openings in solo, but when teaming up, everyone just hacks away until they're dead.
>>
>>334934878
I was just baiting but I know there are people who think like you and it's wrong.

The hardest parts of these fights is finding breathing time in between the bosses' relentless attacks.

As soon as even 1 extra aggro option for the bosses is added losing should not be possible unless you or the summon is beyond bad.
>>
>>334934219
>>334934878
>all this b8
>>
>He does that dumb fucking fire breath onto the ground and you can't avoid it because you can't see what the fuck is happening

Yeah, this fight made me very angry.
>>
>>334935870
Lock off nigger, and if the dragon starts flying up at all start running the hell away.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.