[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo-Kai Watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: [email protected] (540 KB, 874x991) Image search: [Google]
logo-yo-kai-watch@2x.png
540 KB, 874x991
This is coming out in EU soon.

How is it?

Is anyone excited?
>>
it will probably be better than you think it is but not super great or anything.it actually has a good amount of strategy for a game with autobattle
>>
>>334925068
it's fun, but the RNG for recruitment is a bitch.. Here's a guide if you need it.
A general for the game should come back around EU's release date too
>>
File: AWvuuNo.jpg (852 KB, 829x6077) Image search: [Google]
AWvuuNo.jpg
852 KB, 829x6077
>>334925624
forgot pic
>>
It's basically the lovechild of Pokemon and Megaman Battle Network. It's comfy and gets hard as balls once you hit the postgame.
>>
>>334925705
>You can't do anything to increase it's accuracy

Yes you can. Grumples/Everfore have accuracy increasing abilities and there's a hold item that increases accuracy as well.
>>
>>334926025
Inspirit accuracy works different from move accuracy (it is a success/failure). Everfore's skill affects move accuracy, not inspirit accuracy
You are half-right though, Shady tribe bonus increases the odds of a successful inspirit, and Awevil's inspirits always succeds, surpassing inspirit dodging abilities.
>>
>>334926283
oh wait just saw what you're talking about
Yeah that needs to get changed
>>
It's a charming little game, tons of personality and atmosphere. It's admittedly pretty easy until the postgame, but the battle system is deeper than I expected something with autobattle to be.
>>
File: 53939934_p0.jpg (187 KB, 603x782) Image search: [Google]
53939934_p0.jpg
187 KB, 603x782
Soon EU will be blessed with motemote~ as well!
>>
File: 1457496256006.jpg (192 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
1457496256006.jpg
192 KB, 480x400
>>334925068
Keep this handy for when it comes out along with that FAQ that was posted

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit

The /vg/ thread made a resource document for new players.
They usually have a general up but they decided to wait until EU release around the 26th to start up again.
>>
>The skill and strategy here, then, isn’t in selecting attacks and targets, but in arranging your Yo-Kai for success pre-battle, keeping them in a good fighting state and triggering attacks when you get the chance – that’s a surprising number of plates to keep spinning at once. On paper it sounds a dull, passive way to fight, but it actually gets really frantic with time.
It's nice when someone finally gets it
http://www.trustedreviews.com/yo-kai-watch-review
>>
>>334929804
It's a shame the demo completely fucked that up by just giving you a grotesquely overleveled team and not letting you toy with team formations/books/what have you.
>>
>>334930229
>most people that played the demo skipped out because of how bad it was
>inversely most people who skipped the demo and went straight in enjoyed the game

O-okay...
>>
>>334930660
it's a strange feeling
>>
>>334930660
It's simple, really - the game is good, but the demo was atrocious. Which I suppose is better than the opposite, but it makes me wonder what they were thinking in releasing a demo that actively removed most of the good things about the gameplay (especially for a new IP that needed to make a good first impression). I mean, the deck was kinda stacked against Yokai Watch for the US release in the first place, considering that most of the press it had gotten up to that point was shitty LE POKEMON KILLER clickbait that just made the Pokemon fans go into it assuming they'd dislike it.
>>
File: 1452838593085.png (134 KB, 389x375) Image search: [Google]
1452838593085.png
134 KB, 389x375
>>334930229
I'm honestly amazed the demo didn't even let you catch anything or equip stuff. It paints a terrible picture for the actual game since everyone just thinks it's a braindead "spam Soultimates since they respawn after every battle" thing where you just play minigames. In the actual game it's you spinning the wheel constantly, juggling item usages, managing the stats and attack methods via their natures, managing being inspirited, managing your Soutimates, and so on. Some of the post game stuff can be brutal, especially the onis.

I can get designs not being your thing since a bunch of them are very "eh" to me, but the game ended up being fun when you weren't being driven mad by the RNG, the actual exploration felt like I was playing Attack of the Friday Monsters, and it has great music. Even the story was enjoyable for how simplistic and kiddy it was.
>>
>>334925068
Where did everyone's eyes went?
>>
File: Capture.png (409 KB, 421x426) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
409 KB, 421x426
I want to bully Noruka sexually
>>
>>334932771
Doesn't he have nails that can slice you silly though?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.