[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone shit on this? I am about to play it, but you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7
File: guide_screen_ds2.jpg (493 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
guide_screen_ds2.jpg
493 KB, 1920x1200
Why does everyone shit on this?

I am about to play it, but you guys got me worried /v/
>>
>>334924506
Don't ever take /v/ seriously.
It's not as good as any of the other souls games, but it's still a decent game on its own. You're fine.
>>
>>334924506

Just don't be a cuck and you're gonna do fine.
>>
>>334924506
It's to hard. No cheats to help me. Good thing I pirated
>>
>>334924626
This. Have fun.
>>
>>334924506
Bad gameplay mechanics, slowest combat of the series, fucked up i-frames, stupid shockwaves that still kills you, relies on monsters gangbang to fuck you up.

The worst entry of the series.
>>
It's a generous mess of ideas, levels and monster that were done more or less fine. But still a nice game.
>>
It's probably not as bad as I think but I got sick of it a few hours in.

The combat is really awful and I'm sad to see that it spread to DS3 too.
>>
It is a decent game.
It's major downsides are the level design, the world design (how all the levels connect to one another), and the amount of enemies per area. The game pretty much forces you to rush past everything once you know where it is. SotFS fixed the leveling and some of the graphical issues with the game but kept the weapon degrade locked to framerate.
>>
>>334924940
DS3 combat is not like DaSII what are you talking about?
If anything DS3 is the fastest, while DaSII is the slowest
>>
It has twinblades and actually has more memorable locations than Dark Souls 3 does. If you take it for what it is, it's a fine game.
>>
File: 1445095849033.jpg (36 KB, 403x522) Image search: [Google]
1445095849033.jpg
36 KB, 403x522
go play the fucking game then dumbfuck.
>>
>>334925031
>but kept the weapon degrade locked to framerate.

This is false, it's been fixed. 60FPS is perfectly fine in SotFS
>>
>>334925035
nah you haven't played DaS1 if you think DaS2 is the slowest combat.
>>
>>334924838
aight here we go again
>bad gameplay mechanics
It introduced the best dual wielding mechanics in the series, easily making it the game with the highest capacity for build variety. SM was aids.
>Slowest combat
that belongs to Das1
>fucked up iframes
They're tied to a skill now, shitters cant deal with less iframes at the start
>stupid shockwaves
wildly overstated complaint. they're far less numerous than people would have you believe
>relies on monster gang blah blah
git gud
>>
It's good, ignore the memesters.
>>
>>334924940
The Das2 and Das3 combat are literally miles apart. Das3 is far closer to Das1.
>>
>>334925139
my bad. Playing both versions kinda split my memories of the game.
>>
All in all it doesn't depart from DaS in any major way. If you loved DaS, you'll love DaS2, unless you've been convinced by retards on /v/ that they're totally different games. I think it's a great sequel with some big improvements over its predecessors - better upgrade system, viable ranged combat, and a needed nerf to blocking come to mind.
>>
Roll is broken. Area design is shit throughout. Everything looks like ass, washed out colors like lost fucking izalith. Enemy design is shit. Bosses are shit. You have to relearn parrying from the ground up any time you switch weapons. Durability is shit, I got all excited about using a lance once but it broke after two enemies and I never used it again. Lockon is shit, simply unbearable to use with any heavy weapons or thrown consumables. No poise. No tension because you have infinite healing. No skipping bonfires because it's linear as shit and you have warping. Soul memory. Respecs. No invasions. Shittons of ranged enemies(and no poise).

There's 4 improvements, everything else is worse. Those are: cloth physics. A stable framerate. More directions on the roll, and power stancing.
>>
>>334924506
It's not that bad if you're not a nitpicking faggot. I actually enjoyed it. I'd even go as far to say that I enjoyed it slightly more than DaS1 which I also liked a great deal.

Currently playing through DaS3 and I am yet again enjoying myself. I also feel that it helps to not take /v/'s opinions to heart. Everyone on /v/ is a critic and will take just about anything and find at least one thing "wrong" with it.

TL;DR if you enjoyed DaS1 you will at least like DaS2 slightly.
>>
>>334925205
>wildly overstated complaint. they're far less numerous than people would have you believe
Yeah, it's just every single overhead in the game, every grab, and then some.
>>
It's a different game to the Souls series. People called it a "bad souls game" though with DS3 some people might disagree on whether DS2 is closer or further to the establishing titles than the later installments.

In general its main issues are its level and world design falls completely apart as the game continues, its hitboxes are completely unforgivable, and it does weird dumb shit like attach the i-frames on your dodge roll to a stat instead of letting you get accustomed to a basic roll and learn it as you play, which was awful and rightfully ditched.

In general there's lots of the game wanting to be an RPG with stats and dice rolls, and forsaking its action-game components to meet that goal, which was a big mistake. It also tries to be difficult in weird and forced ways instead of giving you challenges in a natural way, which start to get very annoying.

As a dungeon crawly RPG game it's still very good, it's in tune with retro video games differently than the the way Souls is. People shit on it, but it has its own merits to admire and i'd say it's worth a play.
>>
>>334924506
I found it boring and tedious, level design and boss battles are worse than DaS. And maybe this is just me but difficulty looked like it was more about just adding more enemies than anything else.

I played it for 21 hours, only 2 or 3 of those were fun.
>>
People here shit on it likes its the worst thing since the holocause not happening but its really not that fucking bad. The maingame has some problems (soul memeory) but its still certainly worth playing, and the DLC is absolutely fucking fantastic
>>
>>334925453
>nerf to blocking
>guard break is telegraphed as hell and takes two full seconds to charge up
>>
>>334924506

they shit on it because they are stupid
>>
>>334924506
It's fine. /v/ is a bunch of contrarian shitbabbies and are already moving on to saying DS3 is the worst and that DS2 was good.
>>
>>334924506
It's better than Dark Souls 1 at least. It does have it's issues but overall it's a great game. Just invest some early level ups into adaptability so you actually get good rolls. Don't worry, you swim in souls anyways so you can afford it.
>>
Unless you're full on autism mode then you'll enjoy it.

Soul memory and stuff can be a bitch, but honestly I liked the bosses despite people saying they are bland.

Last Giant boss has been argued to be the easiest but it's one of my favorite bosses.
>>
File: 1460654001127.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
1460654001127.gif
2 MB, 331x197
dat CODEX installer music doe.
>mfw
>>
>>334925652
>and it does weird dumb shit like attach the i-frames on your dodge roll to a stat
Not to mention it's an obvious last minute addition, as your hitbox doesn't follow the character model properly in the early part of the roll. It's obvious when playing with low ADP.
>>
>>334925714
Not really what I meant. My feeling is that DS1 could be beaten without much skill by overusing blocking, especially with a greatshield. That feels less viable in DS2. I am not sure if anyone else feels this way.
>>
>>334925207
if you only played SotFS it was good. Most of us turbonerds got it for release on the original platforms. Few months delayed pc release, "shockwave" after "shockwave" on most enemies. Weapon upgrading locked behind the toughest part of the first half of the game. graphical downgrade, bugs tied to framerate.
DaS2 was a mess on release.
>>
>>334925139
It's actually still true, SotFS just doubled the durability on everything as a workaround.

If you play at 30 FPS you get a huge advantage on your durability but honestly having twice as much from the original release of DaS2 is already way more than enough.
>>
>>334924506
They just copy paste enemies everywhere towards the end it gets tedious.
>>
dont listen to the haters, its a great game.

Its not as good as 1 or 3 mostly in terms of atmosphere imo. so just put on a podcast and play - you'll love it once you get into the flow of it
>>
>>334924506
It's a good to great game, but capitalizes on absolutely nothing that made DaS or DeS great and instead makes shitty references to its predecessor's lore and thinks the definition of difficulty is "spam enemies to get gud."
>>
>>334925175
I've played and beated every souls game several times, DaSII is the shittiest one.
>>
>>334924506
Not as good as DS1 but it's good nonetheless.

Try out powerstancing. It's a fun feature if a bit gimmicky.
>>
I'd consider it more of a spinoff than anything in the main series. You get alternate versions of every main boss in the first game. Dual wielding is cool though, and it also has great armor.

It's a fun game, but it's fucking long so prepare your anus for the DLC
>>
>>334924838
>Bad gameplay mechanics
Such as what, soul memory? That's the only one that comes to mind and even then, SM allowed you to invade at any location in the game at any time. Much more fun than invading in designated meme duel areas. Everything else was great
>slowest combat of the series
That's 1. Not 2.
>fucked up i-frames
Get 95 agi (which is extremely easy to get) and things are fine
>stupid shockwaves that still kills you
Present in every game
>relies on monsters gangbang to fuck you up
Present in every game
>>
In a month people iwll start sayingi t's acutally better than 3rd

Because it somewhat is

The game isn't bad, in fact, it's a fucking good game and a memorable experience as the 1st was.
>>
>>334926690
>In a month
People are already saying it, and have been since the release of DaS3.
But anyone with a brain already saw that coming since it happened with DaS1 and DaS2.
>>
File: 1460868468827.jpg (37 KB, 338x347) Image search: [Google]
1460868468827.jpg
37 KB, 338x347
>>334926690
>The game isn't bad, in fact, it's a fucking good game and a memorable experience as the 1st was.
HAHAHA THIS NIGGER
>>
>>334926690
>In a month people iwll start sayingi t's acutally better than 3rd
I am ready to say it right now.

At this moment in time this version of Dark Souls 3 is not as good as the version of Dark Souls 2 we have.

If they add DLC and patch things up i'll be open to change my mind but right now DaS 3 is a short meh,unbalanced souls game.
>>
>>334924506
It wasn't as good as DaS 1, but it was still good. Why don't you go form your own opinions, you fucking sheep.
>>
>>334927507
It is better than DaS 1 if you ask me.Soul memory is so good especially now with the soul sucking ring i get to twink like never before!
>>
>>334924506
The only memorable problems I have with it are online ones. Like soul memory, no infinite invasion items, etc.

That and the greathammer drakekeepers are literally artificially difficult if you play melee.
>>
>>334927493
I think the length of the game is fine, i spent 40 hours my first run, normal pace, taking attention to the maps and shit.
The only thing i think DaS II made better was the weapon balance and powerstancing.

That's the only flaw of DaSIII only making straight swords and rapiers the best shit ever + having sanic speed infinite stamina monsters, basically begging to be killed by fast low stamina weapons.

Moonlight greatsword looked better in DaS2 and bloodborne :'(
>>
>>334924506
Its sin was that it isn't Dark 1, and it suffered a rushed development time, more so than usual, due to a change in directors halfway through and the game nearly had to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Best thing going for it, at this point, is that it tried to be different from Dark 1. Dark 3 is just a giant constant copypasta of Dark 1 and Demon's, and it's really jarring.
>>
>>334927676
I don't know. I had satellite internet back when I played the first two, so I never did pvp.
>>
>>334928021
Oh you should try it out now.
First thing you need to do it get the souls sucking ring.Once you have it just join the champions covenant so you can farm enemies forever without upping your soul memory.
>>
So guess what its confirmed. If you crash your account can get flagged as a cheater and banned. The steam forums are blowing up because of it.

They implemented new anti cheat stuff but its so sensitive that a ton of inocent peopke are being hit. Once your account is flagged thats it as well. It will ask you to remove invalid data but there is nothing you can do since its an account flag. You can format your computer and it will still tell there it detects invalid data.

10/10 good job from. Give me my fucking refund.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/361787186424251460/
>>
>>334924626
it is a decent game yes
but we have to treat it like a souls game
and since it is then its nad
>>
>>334928791
You can always come back and play DaS2 with me.
>>
File: nyfdyi.jpg (147 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
nyfdyi.jpg
147 KB, 1024x576
its good , but its definitely the weakest souls game in my opinion
>>
>>334929047
Neon Techy Souls would be cool.
>>
>>334929028
I didn't like 2 because I didn't get invaded enough. I only have fun with these games when I get invaded by someone who is stronger with better equipment. Its why I didn't even bother to get the DLC. I was just fed up with never being invaded.
>>
>>334929226
>I was just fed up with never being invaded.
Did you try going to the ratbro zone?Or Heides Tower?I had tons of invasions everywhere.
>>
Not sure if this is the best DaS thread for me but playing the first one and was wondering if should use humanity to heal or use it as soon as I find it to get my humanity back. Also same for lost souls or whatever.

HaVing fun just wonky controls on the PC
>>
>>334929632
Yeah DaS 1 controls are really wonky but DaS 2 controls are superb with M&K.The only thing that gives me trouble is the jump attack.
>>
OP here started playing DaS2

I have noticed that random enemies don't remove half your health per hit which is nice.

The PC controls are a travesty though, had to spend 30 minutes getting them to work like DaS3. But still kinda clunky because I cant bind a single key to deal with all the confirmation, talk to, interact, accept function. Thank god I have a G600 I guess.

Already beat the 1st 2 bosses as well, hopefully this game gets harder because so far compared to 3 it is a cakewalk.
>>
>>334929583
Along with Iron Keep bridge, and the two bellbro towers.
>>
>>334929583
Thats not the problem. The problem is I only consider an area complete and move on when I've been invaded 5 times in that area.

I dont want to fight in the same place over and over. I want to move on.
>>
>>334930052
>But still kinda clunky because I cant bind a single key to deal with all the confirmation, talk to, interact, accept function.
What are you talking about?THERE IS A SINGLE KEY!
>>
>>334930052
most of the bosses in 2 are easy unfortunately.I think the onnly boss i had trouble with was the sentinals and smelter demon . the dlc bosses however provide a good challenge
>>
>>334930067
Lately i keep getting invaded when i pass trough the Bastile too...
>>
>>334929843

Is actually made for PC though? One thing I hate is that everything says "press a or x to" but I'm not using a controller so I have no ducking clue what is what half the time
>>
>>334930107
I don't know, i get invaded all over the place.Some locations more than others.

Now there are less people playing so i am guessing that there will be less invaders.
>>
>>334930324
I never understood that either.
It took me some time to fix my controls but now they are perfect.
>>
>>334930052
Tbh DS1's bosses are even more of a cakewalk, besides O&S, kalameet and manus, all of the other bosses are cake for an experienced souls player.
>>
>>334930598

It's really weird because they don't even match play station icons either. Like what console was this originally for and why would they make a PC edition with default key bindings but not use those for the tutorial tips?
>>
>>334925636
Grabs have always been fucking awful, it's not unique to DaS2.
And otherwise literally just get 95 agi, it only takes a couple of levels.
>meanwhile people will unironically use "shockwaves" to defend shit like Ceaseless Discharge
>>
I'm playing through DaS2 for the first time myself, and I just got through DaS1 about a week ago for the first time as well. The first one is definitely far better than DaS2, although the sequel does have some nice gameplay elements (the torch mechanics I liked) apart from the DLC the Level design has been pretty mediocre and the bosses are piss easy.
>>
>>334925453
Lol, are you kidding me? I put 500 hours into the single player content of DaS, and didn't look at any info for DaS2. I managed to get an entire 5 hours out of DaS2 before I got tired of it.
>>
>>334924506
started playing it a few days ago, so far it's fucking great
>fuckload of bosses
>more optional areas
>more areas, period, with original designs
>shorter runs to the bosses
>more offline NPC invasions
>better set of stats
>ornstein the edgehog
>hardmode covenant that i won't touch for now

got one of the lord souls or whatever, beat about 10 bosses up until now. still no sight of "muh shockwaves" and "muh too many enemies"

if you're getting ganked by muh million enemies in a room it's because you're rushing like a retard. it's just an extension of DaS1

i'm playing offline though
>>
>>334924506
Hey if you are around 20k soul memory how about you come and help me with the sentinels in the Bastile.I am trying to limit my souls to the minimum so i am a little underleveled and my equip is meh since i am saving my first titanite for the greathammer after the sentinels.
>>
>>334932076
just summon the npc in one of the cells before the fog gate
>>
>>334932432
I am using an unupgraded broadsword.Will it be enough to kill them?
>>
>>334925453
>viable ranged combat
Did you even play DaS1?
>>
>>334933116
He is talking about DaS II.
>>
>>334932990
i'm playing a dex/int character and did pretty damn good damage with a fire longsword+4 or so. about 20 swings to kill a sentinel.

the npc has a fuckhuge deathbeam spell that deals about 1/8th of it's lifebar in damage, too

you just gotta be careful not to get ganked, not run out of stamina and not get caught in the spinny attack
>>
>>334933187
He's talking about improvements to the second game over the first, as if magic wasn't game-breakingly overpowered in 1
>>
>>334933280
What?
>>
>>334924506
Worse than the first in terms of level design (too many bonfires, too linear and not enough shortcuts), world design (less connectivity between levels, structure doesn't make sense), atmosphere and visuals (game was designed around a lighting system that got cut from the final release). They also replaced estus with life gems, which removes a lot of tension from exploration, as well as a lot of interesting decisions that the player had to make - deciding whether you should heal at half health, deciding whether to turn back when you run out of estus, deciding whether to go through the fog door etc. Still has some stuff to like though, mainly faster combat.
>>
>>334933378
Where are you stuck?
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.