[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mother 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: CBid1s_UMAEVoCt-640x355.png (256 KB, 640x355) Image search: [Google]
CBid1s_UMAEVoCt-640x355.png
256 KB, 640x355
Mother 3 is now 10 years old.

Do you still think fondly of this game?
Do you even want it to be localized anymore?
Is it the best in the series?
>>
Yes
No
Yes
>>
>>334923603
I have yet to play it, I really want Nintendo to release it in the west.
Save spoilers and shitposts about Treehouse for yourself, I am posting this and running away from the thread.
>>
I enjoyed the gameplay, but I couldn't stand how forced the drama was. It was trying way too hard to be sad with some goofiness sprinkled in instead of a balanced mix like the previous games.
>>
>>334923758
If it isn't announced today just emulate it.
After today it's gonna be too little too late for Nintendo.
>>
>>334923936
>Mother 3 had forced drama
>>
>>334923603
Yes
Yes, but not a big deal anymore
Yes, but it's really fucking close

Just out of respect for the series, I'd buy it as soon as it's released as long as there aren't any major changes but seeing how Treehouse has been lately I found that hard to believe.

Also, best song coming through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqBwqjmEWLM
>>
>>334923603
yeah
don't really care
probably
>>
>>334923936
I agree. I found the game to be pretty tearful at times but several times it was really in your face. None of the moments ever felt as powerful as the final boss in Earthbound or the scrolling telepathic message in that cave but I guess you can't really do the same tricks twice.
>>
File: Nintendo-Reggie.jpg (19 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Reggie.jpg
19 KB, 610x343
>I have some good news and some bad news!
>>
Yes
No, I will not reward the nigger with money for acting way too late
clearly
>>
I just beat earthbound last week. It easily one of my favorite games.

I started mother 3 and beat chapter 1 and I wasn't ready for those feeling
>>
>>334926167
It eases up on the sads for Chapter 2 so no worries.
Have fun!
>>
Have work to do all day, but I'll probably pull out my special edition micro and play a bit tonight.
>>
>>334923603
Yes
Yes
No. I personally enjoyed Earthbound more because it didn't take itself so seriously until the very end. But I did enjoy Mother 3 quite a lot though.
>>
>>334923603
Yes
No, the translation will be worse anyway
Yes
>>
My fav vidya of all time

It's pretty great
>>
File: Mother.jpg (148 KB, 720x808) Image search: [Google]
Mother.jpg
148 KB, 720x808
Yep yep yep.
Absolutely, even if to say I witnessed it. I got to see Duke Nukem Forever come out (even if it was trash), now this is next.
I like to say every game is the best in the series fora certain aspect, and Mother 3 has the edge in gameplay.
>>
>>334923603
The one thing I don't like about it is how it influenced way too many Indie games in aesthetics and story, in an inferior and frankly unsubtle way, at that. Add some Cave Story to that, too.

Though that's mostly a feeling in my gut, nothing concrete.
>>
>>334923603
Golden Sun was the better GBA RPG.
>>
Yes to all three.
I'm currently waiting to forget enough about at least the minor details of the game where I can get like half of the experience I did playing it for the first time.
>>
File: image.gif (481 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
481 KB, 225x225
I think about Mother 3 a lot, sure
If NOA doesn't sprinkle in hot doge memes or something it would be very nice of them to do so
It's pretty good, wouldn't marry it

>mfw NOA catches the football and fumbles so hard they die
>>
>>334928975
And Fire Emblem 8 was better than both.
>>
>>334923603
Yeah it was a fun ride
Ofcourse but I can wait
Yep, many say Earthbound is better for the open world but I liked how it had a more engaging story to it and the characters are a lot more memorable than the former. Not that I dislike EB or anything.
>>
Whenever I get burned out from vidya this is the game that I come back to.
Last time I played it I remembererd every single song, which doesn't usually happen.
>>
Let's be real, if this game were released today, you faggots would hate it for pandering to trannies.
>>
>>334923603
>Do you still think fondly of this game?
Yeah
>Do you even want it to be localized anymore?
Doesn't matter to me by now
>Is it the best in the series?
Toss up between Earthbound and Mother 3 on that one. Both are really good though, and Mother 3 was one of the few games to actually make me shed tears.
>>
>>334929605
This is true, most of /v/ would.
>>
>>334929798
>>334929605
100% not wrong
Fassad did nothing wrong
>>
>>334929876
The worst thing Fassad did was animal abuse. He didn't really directly kill anyone... Well... Wasn't he responsible for telling Porky about the needles though?
>>
>>334923603
Yes
It doesn't matter either way to me since the fan translation did a good job with it
Yes
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1275x718) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1275x718
>>334929605
It's Japanese, so it's just nips being weird. That's not the same as "btw I'm a tranny, this is in no way relevant but there you go."
>>
>>334931574
I'm not saying I have a problem with it. I never did. They aren't even human so the people that call them genderqueer/etc are retarded since they are LITERALLY sexless, genderless creatures.
>>
>>334929605
Nope, it's played for laughs and exaggerated. If anything tumblr users would hate it for misrepresenting trannies, despite the magypies being non-humans.
>>
File: godhandokami.jpg (97 KB, 445x509) Image search: [Google]
godhandokami.jpg
97 KB, 445x509
Okami is also 10 today.
>>
>>334923603
Yes
No
No, mother 1 is the best
>>
>>334932661
Also a nice game.
>>
>>334923603
Yes
No
No. I still like Earthbound better because of the setting.
>>
>>334929605
>>334931948
>>334932347
But they were literally put in because Itoi has trannie friends and wanted to put them in.
saying "fuck off they have nothing to do with t
Just rannies" is just ignoring facts.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.