[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lastgen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: lastgen.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lastgen.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>PS4.5 announced
>Microsoft in early stages of testing new xbone prototypes

So how do you feel about this?
As a xbone/ps4 owner, would you consider getting/building a PC in the future if this shit continues?

And please, keep the shitposting to a minimum.
>>
>>334919362
I have a PC
I also have a ps4.
If there are worthwhile reasons to get the new ps4 then I'll consider getting it.
I'm not mad, it's whatever.
>>
This has been going on since the mid 90's, game companies always do this and always will.

I personally am not impressed with the Neo. They promise 4k, fluid gaming but I have a feeling they will not deliver. When they announced the PS4 they promised 60fps at 1080. Fastforward to today and framerates often dip below 20fps.
>>
Yea this shit is getting old real fast. We don't need a new console every 2 years for fucks sake. I felt like they just came out.
>>
>>334919362
PS4.5 is just a rumor.
Also they've been doing this since forever.
>>
>>334919362
Most likely they wont be able to get on the 4k bandwagon. Their strategy has been that of poverty station, for everyone the whole time. Even if they slightly increase the performance to nearly mid tier of what a pc is, it still wont be enough, by far for 4k performance.

The problem with that of course is that many people are getting 4k televisions, and the console used to be in a symbiotic relationship with them.

The problem with all of this is that they could just increase the price by about 300 to get near 4k levels, with the mass manufacturing, mass buying in of components, it might be doable.

But they wont, it will always remain a shitbox with shit performance.
>>
>>334919362
I am just happy I waited to buy neither of them. Granted, this doesn't mean I will buy the new models either.

Honestly, one could just look at the trend of mobile phones to see that happen. Technology improves at a crazy speed. People out there are ready to buy a new mobile phone each new year. The time of long ass consoles generations was bound to end. From now on it will be worse and worse.
>>
>>334919789
>Technology improves at a crazy speed
The thing is the PS4's and xbone's hardware was already 3-4 years old when they came out.
>>
>>334919362
>As a xbone/ps4 owner, would you consider getting/building a PC in the future if this shit continues?
yes, actually.
consoles used to give me a guarantee that i'd get 7-10 years of games released to that platform, 7 years of no worries, because despite the hardware getting old and outdated the games were still developed optimized for that console.

if i'm going to have new games run like shit on my console, forcing me to upgrade every 3-4 years, i might as well go for a PC and get the best experience
>>
I own a PS4 and have always built my own PCs. I enjoy both for different reasons, they aren't mutually exclusive by any means.
>>
File: 1457653089258.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457653089258.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>334919362
I'm officially done with Sony for sure if their thing isn't at least backwards compatible with the PS3. And I mean PSN titles too. They know people want it and no have a chance to deliver. I'd rather pay twice as much on a gaming PC than give Sony another dollar for an under-powered piss bucket of a console. It's pure greed and partial fear of Nintendo actually overtaking them if the NX actually ends up on par with the PS4 hardware.

I can definitely see this being the downfall of PlayStation this gen. Because not only is Nintendo capable of being an actual threat, Microsoft has a chance to shift things back in their favor with the casual gamers.
>>
>>334919883
Which made these upgrades even more obvious.
>>
>>334920107
So this... is false flagging.... whoa.....
>>
>>334919362
I already built a PC after the XB1 announcement since I used to be a big 360 gamer. So I've already been PC gaming for 3 years now(granted, my Steam account is 5 years old because I played CSS and CSGO on my Mac)

me continuing to support PS4 entirely depends on whether or not the PS4 Neo requires internet to set up. If the console can play games out of the box without any required internet, I'll get it since I still like to collect games. If it requires internet, then there's 0 benefits left to consoles for me since collecting games for it would be pointless. No matter what, consoles are eventually going to require internet, so when that inevitably happens is when I stop buying consoles.
>>
>>334919362
I only play on PC and 3DS right now, but I was looking into getting a PS4 for the jap games. Early adopters have every right to get mad, but personally if Sony pushed out a revision with non-shit hardware, it would get me to finally buy one.
>>
>>334920247
I'm dead serious. I know it reads dramatically but I mean it.
>>
>1-2 years time
>new game comes out
>as per Sony's promise, it runs on both new and old PS4s
>on new PS4's it runs ok
>on old PS4's it runs terribly, with huge FPS drops during important moments
>it's a competitive online game
could happen
>>
>>334920523
If you buy a console after the first year you're not an early adopter.
>>
>>334920608
i dont see it not happening desu
>>
STOP WITH THIS FCKING SH!T PS4 WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN XBOX. EVERYBODY WHO PLAYS XBOX IS A FUCKING FAG!!!!!
>>
>>334919538
I dont think they promised 4k. They are only rumors.
>>
File: doom_shotgun.jpg (476 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
doom_shotgun.jpg
476 KB, 800x800
I feel like shit because I was planning on finally getting a PS4 this month after months of saving up for one, only to find out recently that the PS4s released now will become obsolete by the end of the year
>>
I DONT COME ON THIS VIDEOGAME BOARD TO SEE THIS POINTLESS SHIT!!!!!!!
>>
>>334920783
Similar situation here. Also got a friend who just got one expecting me to buy one soon. Feels bad.
>>
>>334920783
>>334920857
I get you are possed but at least you got to know it just in time. I pity those poor fucks that bought one the week before the rumors started popping out.
>>
>>334921079
>possed
*pissed
>>
I'm a console guy at heart but for this gen I jumped to PC because the PS4 and Xbone just didn't make sense to me. It was a good decision. They both seemed to suck and appeared to be underwhelming. Now this mid-gen bullshit happens.

I'm really not sure what to do anymore. Not interested in the Xbone, but as time passes the PS4 will get more and more games. But how long will it take for the PS5 to come out then? It's agreed upon that gens will have shorter cycles now, something like the 7th gen will not happen again. I don't want to buy the PS4.5 only to use it for like 2-3 years only for the PS5 to come out.
>>
>>334921278
Fuck off little dick Ruggarell.
>>
File: AYY.jpg (67 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
AYY.jpg
67 KB, 1440x900
GET A LIFE YOU DICK
>>
>>334921191
Chances are the PS5 won't have BC either, Sony really hates BC since last gen.
>>
>>334920783
>months of saving up for a ps4
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>334921278
Woow 12 games in a span of 2.5 years!
How fucking rich are you?

Faggot
>>
>>334921457
>>
File: 6ca.jpg (34 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
6ca.jpg
34 KB, 600x403
PS4 WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS YOU STUPID BITCH
>>
>>334921191
>I don't want to buy the PS4.5 only to use it for like 2-3 years only for the PS5 to come out
it's fucking retarded.

at least pc has almost unlimited backwards compatibility. the ps5 will be a new closed system, and with how slow good games are coming out you're gonna get about 6 good games for the ps4.5 before the ps5 gets interesting and you feel the urge to switch.

ps4 has been out for 3 years and it's got like 4 games ffs
>>
File: DOG.jpg (6 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
DOG.jpg
6 KB, 238x212
WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING ITS 420!!!! GO BLAZE IT UP
>>
>>334921726
Right? Consoles seem to be at a bad place now but I wonder if this was always meant to happen at some point. It kind of seems natural. It sucks, but what are you gonna do.
>>
>>334921726
Consoles should really just give up in the graphics race and focus on making good games on the consoles themselves, They aren't going to be able to keep up regardless of what they do
>>
File: WOWs.png (4 KB, 184x252) Image search: [Google]
WOWs.png
4 KB, 184x252
COME ON U FAGS
>>
>People still thinks that the new Jaguar revisions with only a slight CPU clock speed increase and an few additional GPU stream cores would provide a huge boost in performance and are enough to fragment the user base.

You guys are overestimating Sony and Microsoft,
AMD already announce their roadmap, Zen APUs for consoles are only going preview next year and the piledriver based APUs are now gen locked.
the chip revisions are still Jaguars based. This will not fragment the current console gen.
>>
YES THEY WILL THERES DOING TO BE A HUGE SHIFT

SOjavascript:quote('334921992');ON IN CONSOLES AND PC'S
>>
I still don't get why there are so "many" people butthurt about the PS4K. And I say "many" because I think it's just a vocal minority of shitposters.

First, all the games and accessories are supposed to work on both versions of the PS4. The extra eyecandy on the PS4 is 100% optional and you can completely ignore it even regardless if you already on a PS4 or not.

Second, it means barely anything to developers because most of them are already developing for PC which has a fuck ton on configurations.

Third, the PS4 is only a few months newer than the WiiU and Nintendo is also making a new console and no one gives a shit.

And finally, Apple releases a new iPhone and iPad every fucking year, both which cost two times more than a PS4 and tens of millions of people are buying them, developers don't give a shit, and most apps have backwards and forwards compatibility for multiple generations.

Plus anyone that thinks consoles will stuck to the same business model forever is delusional as fuck. They will either go full cloud (PS Now, for example) or have a more smartphone/mobile-like refresh cycle, because the backbone techs for those two business models are becoming cheaper and way more efficient than having one single console for 8 years.
>>
>>334919362
Proper First Person Shooter, proper 3rd person shooter, proper racing games

I stick with the Xbone

X1>PS4.5
>>
WHY?>>334922152
>>
>>334922152
Barely anyone is upset, but this gives a chance for /v/ to shitpost about Sony like they love to do.
>>
lets put it this way ps4 is better than xbox and pc is better than ps4 depending what pc you have.
>>
>>334922152
>>334922227
Oh hell, I was wondering when someone was going to finally cry about boogeymen and hiveminds already.
>>
>>334922045
arent they releasing this, above all, for the VR shit?
and doesn't VR require a pretty decent machine to run?
i'm not saying it's gonna run games at 4k@60 but i don't think the boost in power is gonna be that small, it cant be, and even a boost in framerate would be enough to fragment this gen, ps4 would be considered outdated and shitty even by normalfags because the placebo effect of playing CoD with slightly better performance would be significant
>>
Ruins the entire concept of consoles. I'd be mad if i bought ps4 and had to buy ps4.5 to be able to play blodbourne and ds3 stable 30 fps
>>
>ps4 struggling to run games at 900p 60fps while also looking like absolute shit see UC4 MP
>Can barely do 1080p 30fps with mid-high effects.

The only good looking multiplat ive seen on the PS4 and Boner is Dirt Rally and RB Siege thats literally it.

Fucking depressing they dropped 60fps or even the option to switch to it in SP games.

i cant play below 55fps otherwise i get headaches and yes i used to game 20-40fps on older consoles and pc's fine i just cant take it anymore.
>>
>>334919362
>would you consider getting/building a PC in the future

Yes probably, Mainly use PC to play the latest release and keep my Xbox One for certain exclusives like Gears, Halo and playing online with a selection of close friends.
>>
>>334922152
>all the games and accessories are supposed to work on both versions of the PS4
I'll believe that when I see it. There's literally no reason to believe this will happen at any appreciable level. It'll just be another "standard" devs fail to meet, along with:
>Second, it means barely anything to developers because most of them are already developing for PC which has a fuck ton on configurations.
And look how well thats working out. Nothing about the way games are current handled allows one to confidently say the PS4K is not going to have the same goddamn problems multiplats currently have now. Except now ALL PS4 games will basically have to be multiplat in design (though one hopes only having to work with two reasonably similar systems will make this not total shit for the exclusives).
>Third, the PS4 is only a few months newer than the WiiU and Nintendo is also making a new console and no one gives a shit.
Nintendo is supposedly making a new console, not some weird, half upgrade that splits the consumer base. And it also doesn't justify it anyway. Nintendo doing something doesn't make Sony doing it any righter. Both can be wrong.
>And finally, Apple releases a new iPhone and iPad every fucking year, both which cost two times more than a PS4 and tens of millions of people are buying them, developers don't give a shit, and most apps have backwards and forwards compatibility for multiple generations.
And that's a bad thing. It's dumb as fuck. People buy into it, which is justification enough for Sony trying it on a business aspect.

On the other hand, people don't think of Consoles like they do phones. Most people spend on phones for the same reason PC people spend on PCs: they're expecting them to be multipurpose, day-in-day-out devices and are willing to just dump money into them. We'll have to see how it shakes out, but I don't foresee most current PS4 owners wanting to upgrade.
>>
>>334919362
consoles are ded
>>
>>334919468
You're a good goy
>>
>>334922493
The PSVR kit has its own processing box so the answer is No. the slight performance increase is a result of improve manufacturing of the APU. the first version Jaguar chips probably often get several faulty stream cores in a consistent manner when tested so they just disable those cores rather than throw whole chip away The number of stream core that often survive on average becomes the base spec. The newer revisions probably no longer has those issues.

The lower cpu clock speed is probably just AMD playing safe. The Jaguar chip can probably hit 2 ghz from start but decided to gimpes it just to be on safe side and make the chip more affordable.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.