[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sorcery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: assassin-1445618612757_1280w.jpg (250 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
assassin-1445618612757_1280w.jpg
250 KB, 1280x720
Why was sorcery ruined in Dark Souls 3? Forget the nightmare that was Ds2 PvP with magic, I'm talking about PvE. Enemies will lunge at you every chance they get, so getting off any of the powerful spells is nearly impossible. Spells taking up stamina as well as FP leaves you vulnerable as fuck. Not to mention all the spells do shit damage and you don't get the decent ones until the Profaned Capital, leaving you to play the first and worst half of the game critically underpowered or respeccing into the STR build you should have started as anyway.

What did we do to deserve this?
>>
>>334906072
>using a magic build
>ever
>>
>What did we do to deserve this?

Be OP as fuck for 2 games
>>
>>334907271
Four*
>>
Sorcery has always been garbage in Souls games.

>DeS
Boring and overpowered.
>DaS
Boring.
>DaS2
Boring and overpowered.
>BB
Sucky.
>DaS3
Boring and sucky.
>>
>>334907551
Should I just stop trying to do sorcery? It's my favorite build to play, but it just doesn't seem worth it at this point.
>>
>>334906072
Meh

I found it useful in the beginning up to the crystal sage, then I met the crow fucks after and said fuck it. Pyro is ok for the firesword, other than that most magic is predictable and really underpowered.
>>
>>334906072
Are you kidding? Magic being viable would destroy the roll, roll, poke mechanics DS fans love so much.
>>
>>334906072
>Meanwhile my Great Heavy Soul Arrow is hitting for 900-1000 damage, Soul Spear 1100 damage, Crystal Soul Spear 1400 damage.

Fuck off op. Maybe if weren't so retarded you will realize that Sorcery is actually the strongest of all souls games this time around. There are tons of items that boost Sorcery. NG+ is an absolute joke with Sorcery. Even in NG you can get most of the Sorcery stuff early by rushing to Profound Capital and skipping bosses.
>>
>Forget the nightmare that was Ds2 PvP with magic
But every game I didn't play demon's souls so I wouldn't know in its caseMagic has kinda sucked balls in pvp

DS 1, sorcerer wasn't an option in pvp, though I found some use of it combod with miracles. DLC made it an option, but a gimmick on that either shat on people are did shit on people that knew how to deal with it.

>DS2
Magic is also shit in this, with the exception of a few hexes. But hear me out on this, I don't think hexes are overpowered, simply not fun.

There easy to dodge, easy to punish, but do a shit ton of damage.
Now, that's great and all, you fuck up you die sort of thing, but its not fun. Make them come out twice as fast and do half the amount of damage? would've been better.

>DaS3
Holy crap its shit. like goddamn. Even affinity is crap wth
>>
Come talk to me about ruined when you play Miracles build.

You are literally a heal/buff whore in a mostly solo game.
>>
>>334907742
Just switch to pyromancy. I've played every souls game as a wizard but fuck sorcery this time around, its so underwhelming its crazy.

Not to mention having a 30 faith 30 int build for pyromancy lets you dabble in the funner miracles/sorceries as well
>>
Arcane build with Executioner Gloves in Bloodborne is overpowered. Although, it takes time to get there.
>>
>>334908052
I've heard people swear that a tank regen build is strong as hell right now. Thats one option at least over sorceries.
>>
>>334908052
I haven't touched a Faith build yet, but the only miracles I've found were only heal/buff ones. I feel for you, bro

>>334908090
I might just have to do that. Dammit.
>>
>>334907848
Is it bait?. Not op, didnt even try to play sorc in this game and everyone saying its absolute garbage. But your numbers sound impressive. Could you tell your stats, gear and other that helps you to achieve dis damage?
>>
>>334908170
I haven't tried a tank regen build but from what I can tell you don't even need to build around faith to get that much regen.

The spell is like what? 15 faith to use, while the blessing buffs don't really need any stats to be effective.
>>
>>334907848
>Even in NG you can get most of the Sorcery stuff early by rushing to Profound Capital and skipping bosses.

Oh pardon me for not using a fucking guide to grab all shit to make a build usable for my first playthrough.

I bet you got the drake sword on your first playthrough didn't you faggot?
>>
>>334908438
Assuming he's not trolling, rushing to Profaned Capital involves doing every area before that, minus Irithyll and skipping large parts of Irithyll dungeon. None of that you would know to do on a first playthrough. Sounds fun to me!
>>
>>334908548
Or, you also could kill the Dancer at SL 30 and cheese your way to the Archives and kill the second Sage. Also fun.
>>
>>334908303
Not a bait. I completed my mage playthrough already, it is a joke late game when your spells 1-2 shot every enemy.

People are just too dumb to know what gear increases magic damage. Here are my items-

Bellowing Dragon Crest Ring (+20% damage)
Young Dragon Ring ( +12% damage)
Magic Clutch Ring (+15% damage)
Sage Ring (cast speed)
Dusk Crown (+10% damage)
Scholar's Candlestick (+ something % damage)
67 INT
Court Sorcerer Staff +10, buff gives +20% damage.

I am not even using the strongest staff in the game, Crystal staff, it's buff gives like +40% damage.
>>
>>334908634
Does most of that shit affect Pyromanices/Miracles too (Outside of the staff obviously) or is that just for Sorceries? I really want to make a Mage build now that we got an MP bar back but I kind of want to be an all rounder and be able to heal sunbros and stuff.
>>
>>334908634
I was mostly bitching about the worst half of the game, not the last half. You have to get to Irithyll to get half of that shit.
>>
>>334908438
>>334908438

Blind playthrough of mage is absolutely usable if you aren't fucking blind to miss the Sorcery gear. It is your own fault that you didn't explore an area carefully and skipped all the important items.

Rushing to Profound Capital is not necessary as a mage. It is just an alternative to make your build as optimal as possible.
>>
>>334908846
Nope, Pyromancies and Miracles have their own specific rings that boosts their damage. Apparently Pyromancy is more stronger than Sorcery, my Profound Flame spell can hit for 1500 damage with all the optimal gear.
>>
>>334908870
>skipped all the important items
See >>334908854
You don't get any good items or sorceries until after Profaned, minus the Crown of Dusk and Sage Ring. That still leaves you with shit spells for half of the game.
>>
>>334907551
>Communion magics in Bloodborne
>Sucky

Maybe for PvE, but it absolutely destroys people in PvP.
>>
>>334909007
i doubt From is going to go back a rescale all the magic, miracles, pyromancy in the game.

so hit some shit with a sword and stop bitching.
>>
>>334908634
Our equipment is the EXACT same. What spells do you use?
>>
>>334911290
Nah, it's pretty good for pve as well.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.