[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 PvP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101
File: 2586316-dark_souls_what.gif (752 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
2586316-dark_souls_what.gif
752 KB, 500x374
Everyone just uses estus and gank now. Does noone give a fuck anymore??
>>
File: is being of cold, comrade.jpg (135 KB, 702x1118) Image search: [Google]
is being of cold, comrade.jpg
135 KB, 702x1118
I went straight back to bloodborne. Better weapons and better pvp.
>>
>>334884814
anime?
>>
>>334884814
>everyone uses what they can to survive

Wow, I wonder why they do that.
>>
The area just outside the pontiff bonfire is great for muh honorabu duel shit. If you invade a gank squad just cheese them with enemies or waste their fucking time.
>>
>>334884814
At least theres a cap with estus now
>>
File: 1460788283359.gif (2 MB, 367x206) Image search: [Google]
1460788283359.gif
2 MB, 367x206
>People actually think PvP is do able on these broken servers.

Jesus. Host wins 100% of the time if they have a brain
>>
>>334885032
>cheese them with enemies

seed of the tree giant
>>
>>334885120
It's such a rare item though. Getting them to waste it is worth it enough, plus you can also just aggro a bunch of enemies and pull them towards the host.
>>
>>334885070

Whats the cap for invaders? Today I was invaded by a farron cunt in the swamp area with the giant crabs and he healed 8 times.
>>
>>334885084
>roll fag wins the duel
>could have just stabbed into his roll to win instead of just staying here
God i fucking hate shit like this
>>
>>334884921
Fist of the north star
>>
>>334885280
I think they split the estus in half for people who are summoned and invading (if you have 16 estus , you will only have 8 when you invade)
>>
>>334885032
>Using one of the area invasion covenant areas for fight clubs
Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck you.
>>
>>334885516
No one is in aldrich.
>>
>Invader tries to do his one-hit trick
>He fails, host hits him a couple of times
>Roll, roll, roll, run, gain distance, estus
>Repeat

I'm hating this PVP, worst of all Souls games. Best one still DeS. May be nostalgia, but my greatest battles were there.

This PVP is so shit, I just sit on the floor and let him kill me if he starts to do the estus cycle.
>>
>>334885323
>complain about rollfags in a game where all you do is rolling

Lol
>>
>>334885912
pvp is literally what it was meant to be now.
ganking for killing and playing dirty
honor fags can go back to das arena
>>
>>334885084
>100% of the time if they have a brain
But they don't and even if they do, emotions can get the better of them.
Personally i love DS3's pvp so far, most fun i've had since Bloodborne really, shit was cash and still is.
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with using estus in pvp
>>
PvP ain't too good in this one. They really should just stick with the formula of one. I'll probably go back to BB or see if ps3 DaS is still kicking.
>>
I just need some embers ;_;
>>
>Got invaded in NotLatria
>Fought the guy
>Just barely lost the encounter
>Neither of us chugged estus, it was completely fair
Is this so hard?

Now I'm not expecting invaders to play fair, but fuck, I'm not going to chug if you're not.
>>
>>334886095
It doesn't have to do with honor. I would love it if it was "playing dirty".
But it's so boring, the invader trying to do his one-hit kill (that works because of his weapon and build), and retrying it 4-8 times.
It's boring, tedious, not fun at all.
>>
>>334884921
Hokuto no Pico
>>
>>334886458
Most people in my experience when invaded will scramble for all the summon signs they can find, by the time I get in they've already usually summoned at least one additional phantom. At that point I say fuck it.
>>
File: 1454562379874.gif (957 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1454562379874.gif
957 KB, 200x198
>finally get the weapons/armor I want
>finally feel stylin'
>invade and there's white, sunbro and host
>white duels me 1v1 but then sunbro interrupts, white & host stays back, and I annihilate the subro
>another invader comes in, bops me and I destroy him
>have 1v1 with white phantom
>lose but we exchange friendly messages and compliment each other on shit
>invade a different guy as a respawn
>host and sunbro try to gank but I lead them into GIANT ENEMY CRAB
>chase sunbro down and parry his ass, killing him
>run up to the host, parry him and win after striking him when he gets up

It's moments like these that make me forget how fucking aggravating ganks are in DS3.
>>
Since hitting NG+ all I've had are good duels

I've been riding entirely solo in NG+ and most invaders have been tame enough to gesture spam around with, even had a few double invasions and none of them tag teamed me.

I usually stick to using no estus until they chug or if we fight and I wreck him down to next to nothing and he didn't hurt me I'll usually step away and spam estus till he heals so we can go again
>>
who /wishestherewasaDragonBoneSmasher/
>>
>>334885912
>best pvp
>DeS

BOY I SURE LOVE THAT FUCKING SPEAR

I think bloodborne got it right. Best balance of punishable heals, low grind powerups, and most importantly no soul memory.
>>
>>334886790
>But it's so boring, the invader trying to do his one-hit kill
Nobody can get one-hit kills anymore unless the person put no points into vit, you get a cheeky charged heavy attack off with certain weapons, or are full wizman mode and shove a crystal soul spear up somebodies ass.

>Can't capitalize on openings against gank squads because of the forced stunlock break
>>
>>334884814

How many threads do we need before you fucks realize that invasions are supposed to be difficult?

They give you a red sign soapstone for a reason.
>>
>>334890353
This
>>
>>334890353
It's not about unfair invasions.

It's about how fighting with a numbers disadvantage, no matter what colour your character is, is extremely difficult and frustrating because the game heavily favours superior numbers in pvp.
>>
>>334890667

>It's about how fighting with a numbers disadvantage, no matter what colour your character is, is extremely difficult

How many threads do we need before you fucks realize that invasions are supposed to be difficult?

They give you a red sign soapstone for a reason -- 90%+ I get 1v1's with the host and a majority of those we don't use estus.
>>
>summons can drink estus now
This is the problem.
>>
>>334891042

But fight clubs, anon.
>>
>>334884893
How it be better if its non-existent?
>>
>>334890829
There's a difference between being difficult, and having so many things stacked against you that it stops being fun.

And again, it's not about invasions, they just have to deal with it more then everybody else. A host getting jumped on by multiple watchdogs/faithful is in an equally shitty position. Fighting 1v2 is like fighting 1v3 in the other games(Not easy, but doable if you're gud), and 1v3 can reach the point of impossibility in a straight up fight if the phantoms aren't brain dead retarded.
>>
>>334891223
>A host getting jumped on by multiple watchdogs/faithful is in an equally shitty position.

If you're playing embered in those zones without phantoms, then you're supposed to be ganked. Holy shit, man.
>>
>>334891191
pvp is easier to avoid so the players you do invade are actually interested in it
>>
File: AMPyXPG.png (414 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
AMPyXPG.png
414 KB, 1000x400
WHO /washingpole/ HERE
>>
Both ganks and estus chugging are easy to deal with. Sprint towards them when you think they will drink or are drinking and you can always get a hit/combo in. If there are multiple people use the environment to your advantage and aim your strikes so they hit or kill without endangering yourself. I've invaded and been invaded with unfair numbers and always come out on top because I don't play like a premature baby.
>>
>>334891412
It was an example about how the problem isn't invader exclusive, and that if you do walk through one of those zones embered by yourself, you're in a really bad position because of how difficult it is to fight multiple people at once in DaS3.
>>
Is any kind of magic build possible in these games?
>>
File: 1333339667578s.jpg (6 KB, 251x210) Image search: [Google]
1333339667578s.jpg
6 KB, 251x210
tfw pirated so no shitty PVP just comfy music and my waifu
>>
>>334891572
I want to live in your world where gank squads just let me run down the host every time I invade. It sounds like a wonderful place.
>>
>>334891701
In Souls 3? Pyromancer maybe. Magic and Faith are utter shit in this game.
>>
>>334891638

It was a terrible example because it is supposed to be that way. If you are being plagued by 1v3's -- which is exclusive to those areas for the most part -- then you summon phantoms yourself.

If you are being plagued with 1v3's as an invader, that's because you're an invader. It's supposed to be difficult because you have the npc's on your side, your facing a shitter who had to summon, and you're trying to fuck someone's game up.

Your complaints are not valid in any way.
>>
>>334891191
Mensis and the frontier are still pretty active. My forest twink gets some good bites, too.
>>
>>334885208
seriously, I've never had a host use it where it didn't backfire on them.
>>
>>334891701
Yes, but you have to go FULL magic mode. That means slapping on ever bit of gear that boosts damage/magic damage.

Do that and magic will once again do ridiculous damage again. Don't listen to people who say otherwise. In a proper magic build, a crystal soul spear will still vaporize people on contact like in older games.

Funny enough, magic builds have a lot easier time invading because there now exists the means to effectively deliver surprise magic assrape onto people.
>>
>why don't they just let me kill them? why are they trying to survive?
kek, get rekt invaderfags
>>
If you want to do no Estus fights, find or start a fight club.

Just assume they're going to heal anyway and be the biggest dick you can possibly be.

Be the third archer in londo, use chameleon, force them into groups of enemies, throw dung pies at them, etc.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (9 KB, 284x160) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
9 KB, 284x160
>>334886343
>invade in catacombs
>wait for host to die to mobs because they are apparently retarded
>collect embers
it's pretty easy anon
>>
Fucking christ people just use lloyd's talismans.
hit the host with one and smack him.
chug sunny d to taunt him.
ez pz lemon squeezy
>>
>>334886458
There have been NUMEROUS hosts that I've invaded where it was 1v1, no one used estus and it was fair and fun, not as many as when the host loses his phantoms, runs to the bonfire and summons two more but wtf ever
>>
File: immediate rage.jpg (64 KB, 599x629) Image search: [Google]
immediate rage.jpg
64 KB, 599x629
>Miyazaki: Yeah lets make it so reds have to fight 2 players at all times every invasion. Also lets make it so Reds get like 4 Estus and each enemy has like 12! Also lets make it so chugging Estus can not be punished at all!

>A Team: great idea miyazaki-san!

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>334892326
>lloyd's talisman

WHERE DO I BUY THESE FUCKERS
>>
>>334892543
At the merchant in the firelink. They're called "undead hunter charms" or someshit like that now.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (34 KB, 467x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
34 KB, 467x200
>>334890353
Shut the fuck up loser, this thread isn't about you and the 3 faggots you have to summon to butt fuck you through a level.
>>
>invade as grape aldrich
>run up behind invader fighting the host
>try to kill the invader
>end up accidently killing the host
>invader realizes I tried to kill him and tries to kill me
Got ported out before we could finish killing each other.
>>
>>334892590
Goddamn it. I've just beat Aldritch and still haven't found the ashes necessary to unlock them.
>>
>>334892486
Demons souls had best pvp. They gave into the whinging babies
>>
>>334892486

Red sign soapstone, then, you massive pussy.
>>
>>334892708
>Demons souls had best pvp

PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS.
>>
>>334892486
Everyone except the host gets half the amount of estus. It's not just reds.

Also, there is literally nothing wrong with using estus. It is there for that fucking reason. If people want to stay alive longer it's their choice.

The only time it's frowned upon is if you summon for a 1v1 and then chug when they almost kill you.
>>
>>334892687
Paladin's Ashes
In Cathedral of the Deep, near the first bonfire. Its on a corpse that is being guarded by a human dude with a sword.
>>
>>334892109
That means everything will kill you in one hit right?
>>
>>334885280

Lmfao dude this was probably me, did you have one blue with you?
>>
>>334891930
The problem isn't fighting 1v3. The problem is the difficulty in fighting 1v3 specifically in this game.

It goes beyond just being difficult when every game mechanic relevant to the fight favours the side with superior numbers, and that invaders have nothing at all going for them.

With the exception of a couple enemies, mobs do not even provide an invader with a meaningful advantage. A gank squad can clear most any mobs almost immediately, and any opening you get doesn't count for much because of the forced two hit auto break on every single weapon, after which you're put back into the same position, if not even worse because you just dived into the gank squad.

A solo player has very little going for them in a fight against multiple people. A host has some more life and estus, and an invader can have higher quality estus if they're twinking. That's it.
>>
>>334892870
Thanks man, I'll have a look.
>>
>>334892967
Cancer.
>>
>>334892326
>Can only carry five of them at a time
>Your character throws them like a complete weenie and it barely has any range
Seriously, what the fuck?
>>
The shadow hits in this game is insane.
I use the great lance and one of my regular skills is doing the back-step into charge.

Unfortunately straight swords are longer than my grand lance though.
>>
>>334892929
I can't tell who I'm more sick of, the kids that have to summon 2-3 helpers just to hold their hand or the whiny ass invaders who say they're too hard to kill.

These fuckers are so bad, don't you realize that? How are you so bad that you are losing to them?

Boggles my fuckin mind m8
>>
File: shiragami_sad.png (31 KB, 251x176) Image search: [Google]
shiragami_sad.png
31 KB, 251x176
I played 80 hours since last tuesday and I've managed to make myself completely sick of the game.
Problem is, there's really not that much content, compared to previous titles.
>>
>>334892929
>The problem is the difficulty in fighting 1v3 specifically in this game.

Let me repeat this until it sinks in. You are never supposed to fight 1v3 as host, and you are supposed to be at a disadvantage when invading.
>>
>>334893107

>tfw I already have 124 hours in the game and beat it with four different builds

Each run gets me about 22-30 hours depending on how much multiplayer i participate in.
I love the game, it's loads of fun, but my biggest gripes would have to be how many reused armor sets there are, how many weapons feel outright useless, especially boss weapons because they'll have abysmal scaling, and how much warping there is.
Warping is horrible for level design because it just means area's can lead to nonsensical dead ends because you can simply warp out.
>>
>>334893169
>You are never supposed to fight 1v3 as host
No, fuck you. Every other souls game manages to let you fight against unfavourable odds without staking every disadvantage imaginable on top of you as well.
>>
>>334892929
The game isn't centered around invasions. Get over it.
>>
>>334893169
>Get summoned as a watchdog of farron
>There is already 2 watchdogs there wailing on the host
>I join the fray
dont even feel bad tbqh f a m
>>
>>334893363
The game gives you an item that you can use for unlimited invasions not even an hour in
>>
File: 1458737082884.jpg (42 KB, 326x236) Image search: [Google]
1458737082884.jpg
42 KB, 326x236
Does anyone know where you can get splintering bolts?

I've checked all merchants and the wiki comes up with nothing.
>>
>>334893054
Poke the enemy.
Let them estus, and hit them with a LLoyds while they're not moving.
Go in for the kill
>>
>>334893469
It's a big part. But not the main focus. What's your point?
>>
>Invade someone
>Other invader starts chugging estus when the host was trying to have a good 1 v 1
>I walk up behind the invader and backstab him and kill him
>Me and host bow and have a fun fight
>>
I'm 0-20 right now. Gonna go 0-40 then go to bed.
>>
>>334893693
Why are you playing the reddit approved style?
>>
>>334893636
No point really, just been having too much fun invading I guess.
>>
>>334893357

This isn't every other Souls game, anon. I shouldn't have to explain that to you. You're complaining that you have to play multiplayer in the multiplayer zones. If invasions were constantly 1v3's outside of those zones, you'd have a point.
>>
>>334893565
Blah blah perfect world blah blah

Anyways, trying to rush somebody while their two friends are right there usually ends badly.
>>
>>334893762
I don't unless the host tries to, otherwise I just chug all my estus in front of the host when he backs up to heal and beat him anyway
>>
>>334893821
Invasions are the same everywhere else, just in reverse.

Being mean to somebody doesn't make it a moot point.
>>
>>334884814
Pretty much I've decided not to bother with PvP its fucked by casuals who need 5 phantoms to hold their dick and all attack at the same time. Shit pathetic. Go aldrich and start kicking they're ass with your own duo.
>>
>>334893352

you realize from the first wall of lothric you teleport too from firelink that every area is connected right?
>>
File: yes.jpg (75 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
75 KB, 1024x576
>>334893818
Agreed. All I did today was Aldrich invasions.
>>
File: 1441744268449.jpg (500 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1441744268449.jpg
500 KB, 1280x1707
>>334892670
Sorry, the only people I get summoned to buttfuck are invaders ;)
>>
>>334893985
Every area is connected, but there aren't the sort of shortcuts that make a lack of bonefire warping a big deal in DS1.
>>
>>334894096

hmm yeah fair enough

how the ds1 map interconnected so fucking well, it was perfect map design
>>
>>334893352

Yeah I think they should have gone with Dark Souls 1 design. It feels so special, especially when you are heading deep underground. It really felt like an expedition. Getting back to the surface felt special.

However, the current design is fun and allows for more distance to be covered since you don't have to walk back to the main hub.
>>
>>334893968

No, they are not the same.

In the Aldritch/Watchdog areas, the host is supposed to summon to put himself on an even footing with the invaders. Yes, you could choose not to summon and make it harder on yourself but don't complain about it then.

Outside of the Aldritch/Watchdog areas, the invaders are supposed to be at a disadvantage because they're invading. It is supposed to be difficult for them. Several anons in this thread have shown that it is possible to win as the invader, so you need to get good.
>>
What's the typical level zone after Pontiff? I want to make sure I don't overlevel while I'm doing Aldrich summons.
>>
File: fucit.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
fucit.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>334894059
>70.0%
>>
I just estus anyway, I usually try to even the battle if possible though - given the chance.
>>
>>334894074
Don't tell me, you're one of those blue faggots I keep killing? Can any one of you fight worth a shit?
>>
I was told that you can't invade people who have a lesser weapon upgrade than you, (like having a +6 weapon means you can't invade someone with +5), does sticking the weapon in storage affect that or have i permanently stuck myself to that reinforcement level?
>>
>>334894182
Miyazaki was more heavily involved with DS1 and BB than DS2 or DS3.

There's a price to putting these games out yearly, you know. Yeah, different people do different things, but you have less time to come up with good level designs because of the tighter schedule.
>>
>>334884814
I bet you bow before fights too, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>334894271

45-60
>>
>>334894074
>Implying you wouldn't suck sunbro cock just so they could play the game for you.
We all know your type. You literally like having your dick held while you take a piss.
>>
>>334894350
>that vitality
holy fuck dude
>>
File: 1457854867208.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
1457854867208.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
>>334893693

>someone doing their job
>they finally found a host that isn't a 3 v 1
>they have 50% less health than the host by default and are on worse ping
>they heal up, exposing themself to attack
>OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD DID HE JUST FAWKIN HEAL
>you throw the dorito bag off your belly and proceed to run up behind him with your katana wielding female character
>"finally this guy is helping since a 2 v 1 against the host is fair" the other invader thinks
>backstab him
>huh yeah fukin noob haha
>time for an honourable dool my dude!
>die to the host solo

Fuck off faggot. Just play the game.
>>
>>334894551

Not his fault the other stats are worthless.
>>
>>334894416
Ikr? So far, whenever I invade a gank squad, the blue ones just die the quickest. Once, I didn't even see the blue as he died to environment. Is this the newb covenant?
>>
>>334894240
Well then it's a difference of opinions.

Personally I think it's too much. Having to play at a prime skill level just to be able to eke out a win and praying the people you're fighting are a bunch of mongloids feels like it's going too far.

I've beaten gank squads, but having to play 100% tryhard to not get your shit pushed in every single time gets old.
>>
>>334884814

Everyone always used estus, unless they couldn't
>>
File: 1446642492259.jpg (229 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1446642492259.jpg
229 KB, 1280x853
>>334894541
Reading comprehension not your strong suit, buddy? How about you summon me IRL to teach you basic literacy?
>>
>>334894240

Killing invaders is fucking easy though. They have 30% less health and are lagging. Never lost against an invader, only win like 15% of the time invading.
>>
>>334894614
>using crutches to get gud
I hear Hello Kitty Island Adventure is getting another expansion.
>>
Who /pirated version/ here?
Now that buyfags have their 1.03.1 I've had no problem invading people.
>>
>>334894773
>get gud
>get
>>
>>334894698
Lol, I would actually have no problem with that. I can't wait to rape your sorry ass. And by that I mean parry learn you by showing you my English major, plus all the language's I'm fluent in. Japanese, Spanish, and French. Once you've learned to like my dick, I'll let you lick the cum off.
>>
>>334884814
>Invading in Farron's before Watchers
>Host has 3 summons
>"Hey, maybe i can hold them off until someone else arrives to help me"
>Until i notice there's already another invader, except he's just wandering around in the swamp area for whatever reason
>Keep playing it safe, don't want to get super ganked and die since i have low vigor
>There are 2 goats and one dickwraith, already fighting each other near me
>Draw the others into the middle of that fuckfest
>Get a few hits in, they're chugging their estus like crazy
>The dickwraith and the goats die, retreat to that ramp where the Wraiths spawn
>Manage to make a phantom fall into the swamp, giving me some time
>Keep trying to get a few hits in whenever possible while trying to do the same thing with one of the other 2
>Manage to make the host fall too
>The other phantom is using Kirk Armor and keeps rolling towards me
>Get behind one of those furries
>He becomes hostile because of the guy rolling, stunlock him to death
>The other phantom arrives, with a giant goat following him
>Keep pressuring him until he dies stuck between some trees
>Only the host now, he arrives
>He runs towards the stairs, the giant stop following
>He still has some flasks with him, throw a Lloyd's or whatever they're called now
>He doesn't notice there's goats behind him
>Almost dying, he still can't heal and is being attacked by 2 angry goats
>I take some steps back to heal just to make sure
>The other invader finally arrives and finish the job with one dash attack
Shit is fun. Just buy some Lloyd and you're good to go. They've been helping me a lot
>>
>>334894849
Wait what
My copy said something about a multiplayer fix but I didn't think it'd actually work
>>
The PvP would be better if estas drinking too just slightly longer.

It's really hard to punish for estas drinking. I'm always out of their range by half a second. So the combat just goes on and on and on. I estas, you estas, I estas. We have to go through like 20,000 damage.
>>
>>334893086

This. The only time I got rekt was to a solo dude dressed as a farmer from Undead Settlement. He killed me with a pitchfork and a sickle. What a guy. All props to him
>>
File: 1444843488137.png (374 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1444843488137.png
374 KB, 680x383
>>334894893
good reply you fucking autist, now summon me to suck your big stinky cock
>>
>>334894932
There's an online fix for the CODEX release, now that 1.03.1 is released us pirates can play in the older version no problems without buyfags interfering.
>>
The invincible rolling ring is the worst thing From has invented. I have to stand around swinging for 20+ minutes while the retards just roll around me wasting time. Its so fucking boring.

If you use it you're a scrub and should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>334895008
Are you cute?
>>
File: O Face.gif (1 MB, 211x203) Image search: [Google]
O Face.gif
1 MB, 211x203
>>334895008
Sure thing, faggot. I noticed you chose the cock sucker covenant. I hope you like dick cheese because that's what you're going to have eat.
>>
>>334894350
>those legs
goddammit
does choosing a buff body make it look any better?
>>
>>334894672
>praying the people you're fighting are a bunch of mongloids
You don't even have to do that much
Enjoy it now
>>
>>334895165
No, just wear different legs. Black Iron looks good with that set.
>>
>>334895124
When people roll spam, sprint and chase them down to punish that shit. Stay in their fucking face until you run out of stamina.
>>
File: 1432835588012.jpg (46 KB, 379x417) Image search: [Google]
1432835588012.jpg
46 KB, 379x417
>>334895146
Very~
>>
>>334893965

>find a host 1v1
>he gestures the "sit down" expresession
>parry the fuck out of his first attacks
>"sit down" with the rest gesture, not riposting after the parry
>proceed to parry him a bit more
>let him heal up every time
>still beat him

Felt good
>>
File: onlyafro and his giant dad.jpg (121 KB, 600x1066) Image search: [Google]
onlyafro and his giant dad.jpg
121 KB, 600x1066
>>334895292
Cuter than this boy?
>>
File: Wew_Lad.jpg (21 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Wew_Lad.jpg
21 KB, 250x250
>invade, running up to bonfire Halfway Fortress
>host and summon are spamming gestures at me before I rush them
>fight goes down the path and I kill host's summon
>host high-tails it to the bonfire to summon again
>summon fails, he fucking tries to use black seperation crystal on me
>backstab him and squat as he fades away

Talk shit get hit. Rarely do hosts fight me after I get rid of any help. Always back to the bonfire like a bitch.
>>
>>334895124
get gud
>>
>>334895167
If you aren't the epitome of gud already, you really do.

I do a lot of co-oping as well, and it's disgusting how easily you can kill an invader with even one other person if you're not a braindead retard.
>>
File: 1459537974423.gif (2 MB, 420x428) Image search: [Google]
1459537974423.gif
2 MB, 420x428
>>334895339
The cutest
>>
was this discussed?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulstm-the-board-game/posts/1552094
>>
>>334895347
>or they dc
I don't know why but that's just as good as winning to me
>>
>>334892708

Grass was probably the worst thing ever
>>
>>334895376

That's proving his point. 90% of the players, hosts or invaders, are brain dead retards so no praying is necessary -- unless you're a braindead retard.
>>
>>334895451
Do they just not care about copyright or something
>>
>>334895451
Is this officially supported by From?

If not someone report this fucker.
>>
I keep losing connection to the Dark Souls 3 server midway into a fight, and my internet's usually alright

This has happened about 10 times or so now, how long till I get softbanned if this keeps up?
>>
>>334895376
I could say the same thing but opposite, it's disgusting how easy you can kill the hosts and their phantoms if you're not a braindead retard
>>
>>334895667
>>334895671
>Dark Soulsâ„¢ - The Board Game has been developed by Steamforged Games Ltd with full support and licence from BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT S.A.S.
you fucking donuts
>>
>>334895376

Yeah they really fucked invaders this game. Still fun to do though, but 3v1 is just so unfair. I also honestly don't get who would summon 2 or more people to play the game. How is that fun?
>>
>>334895451

Gonna be shit.

>Dark Souls
>Roll dice to see how much damage you deal/take!

Just play Descent or some shit.
>>
File: 1436467907078.jpg (122 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1436467907078.jpg
122 KB, 1024x683
If you joined Rosaria's Fingers in a game and thus were locked out of the Darkmoon stuff, when you go to NG+ do you get another shot at doing the quest for Sirrus?
>>
>>334895616
The grass problem was vastly overrated in the majority of cases.

People forget how easy it was to chase in DeS, and that trying to get cheeky with healing could literally get you killed on the spot.
>>
>>334895165

they look better than 1, lel
>>
File: 1371100535469.jpg (16 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
1371100535469.jpg
16 KB, 500x558
>>334884814
>bowing
>dueling in a souls game
>>
>>334895771
Sorry for being sceptical by default whenever scamstarter is posted.
>>
>>334895771
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulstm-the-board-game/posts/1552094

where does it say that
>>
>>334895771
>implying I can read
Joke's on you faggot
>>
>>334895573

You put fear into them and they wouldn't even fight back. That's beyond even being a bitch. Plus due to you they risked their save and added to their online offenses (white circlet).

It's a different kind of victory.
>>
>>334895964
its ok i still love you
>>
>>334886790
Then just duel if you want an actual fight, it's not that hard of a concept. The red soapstone exists pretty much exactly for that purpose.
>>
File: 1394619353139.gif (2 MB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1394619353139.gif
2 MB, 320x287
>help host through Irythyll even as his other phantoms die to his fuckups
>make it to pointiff
>tough fight but we're almost winning
>get black crystalled out a few hots before it dies

What the fuck?
It's not like he's going to get any less souls, right?
I really wish there was a mechanic for invading people who BC you
>>
>>334895864

no
>>
File: 20160420082105_1.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160420082105_1.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
>Invade in the Dungeon
>host and two sunfags
>blue gets summoned in
I'm just going to sit really still and hope they don't notice me.
>>
>>334895339
How hard do you think afro is getting every time he sees this picture circulating? What a fucking slut
>>
>>334895165
>>334895242
>>334895938
I replaced the set leggings with the Silver Knight Leggings.
Looks much better, had to take off a ring - wasn't really helping anyways.
>>
>>334896618

Just hang out near the jailers with the undodgeable, unblockable health reduction.
>>
>>334885280
They get 7 maximum. One or more of your phantoms got ganked because you're shit, and he got an estus back from it.

Become proficient.
>>
>invading high wall at sl 15 with no wep up
>every single host has at least 1 phantom so far
>>
>>334895737
I've been having this problem recently too, but tonight when i tried to play again and invade, everything was fine again. I guess it must be some sort of issue with the servers.
>>
File: 84659563532.png (6 KB, 246x242) Image search: [Google]
84659563532.png
6 KB, 246x242
>>334896804
They're all dead
I'm currently inching through the area in chair form listening for footsteps
>>
What are the pvp zones? I'm looking to improve myself.
>>
If you want to duel, use the red soapstone, that's what it's there for. If you want to be a dick and invade normally, then either be creative or play really dirty. Being invaded and having the invader try to just run right up to me and swing then running behind a wall of enemies and healing when they're losing is just dull. Fuck you if you do that, you're the worst kind of player to meet.
>>
>pirated the game
>pvp content sounds really fun
I probably can't switch my savegame to a legit version, or can I
>>
>>334896969
High wall second bonfire for low level
Cleansing chapel for mid level
The little courtyard just after Pontiff for high level
>>
Invaders turning into whiny pissbabies when before they were maximum edgelord amuses me greatly.
>>
>>334897092
And can you be invaded if the bosses are already defeated?
>>
>>334897172
You can put down a red sign and see other red signs.
>>
>>334896956
Anyone else on your network play the game? I almost think it's worse when they're on. Although they've never had the problem, I've only ever had it when they're on.
>>
>>334896924
If you want fair fights, use your red stone. Or if you're too lazy to get that, join mound makers and use your white stone

>>334897172
Yes, but you could just use all the red and purple signs anyway, beating the boss doesn't stop you from summoning those.
>>
>See a gank party
>Peace Out stone
Phew, that was hard
>>
>>334884814
>trying to have my friend summon me for our shitty stream no one will ever watch
>it's an area I've never been to before
>some fuck huge avelyn ballista is shooting at me
>there's a worm in the corner that hates me
>suddenly
>invaded by some dumbass called Artorias
>he's using the spin to win memesword
>style on him
>he runs out to heal
>sits down out in the water, clearly trying to bait me out there
>beckon him back
>he comes back
>[style intensifies]
>he runs back out
>get fed up with it
>chug all my estus on the spot
>taunt him
>he's still too bitch-mode to come back and fight
>pretend to continue the level and run out and get hit by the avelyn shit a couple of times
>he gets cocky
>I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS
>ruin his asshole for the final time
>clap like an american until he fades out

What a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>334891191
The option to opt out of PvP mean most of the gank-squad kiddies kill their bell maidens as soon as they can so they can get back to getting carried through the game.

The people who go in for PvP are almost all people who want PvP. Bloodborne was the only Souls game I ever played where I truly didn't give a shit whether or not I was the host of an invasion on the invader.

If you're smart, you spend extra echoes on vials and bullets, and all the common PvP areas are near a Lantern, so even if you die as the host you lose nothing.
>>
>>334889679
Or something similar. That running swing <3
>>
>>334897307
If you use it too often, you get put on a low priority list for connections or something
>>
>>334897368
It's always said that about the item, because it's usually used to get rid of phantoms, too. Disconnecting while invaded/invading is what causes a booboo.
>>
So is Watchdogs bugged or what? I'm lvl 40 with a +3 and I've been seating here at the keep for hours and I dont even get summoned once. While my friend who has the same stats as I gets summons like crazy. what the hell is wrong? I just want to get my wolf ring.
>>
File: dank1.webm (2 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
dank1.webm
2 MB, 1080x608
>did str build every souls game since Demon souls

HOLY FUCK AM I TIRED OF IT. I just can't seem to like dex. Do I just get magic or faith and buff weapons and whack them with it?
>>
>>334897506
I have a feeling that Blue Sentinels and Watchdogs can only connect so many people at once or something. Putting on the covenant will immediately connect you to a searching list, but if that list is already full, you have to wait until someone else takes it off before you MIGHT get added.
This is all just assumptions honestly, but I can't think of much else that might explain it other than them both simply being broken somehow.
>>
>>334894059
do you ever even proc pontiff's? it takes like 4 consecutive hits right?
>>
File: 20160420083024_1.jpg (438 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160420083024_1.jpg
438 KB, 1920x1080
>>334896968
I think i can take them
In the capital now
I got this
I don't got this
>>
File: 1458614401615.png (54 KB, 287x200) Image search: [Google]
1458614401615.png
54 KB, 287x200
>constant 1v3 in invades the past two hours

Was it this bad in DaS 1/2? I never played those online at all.
>>
>>334897834
Where do you get more branches from?
>>
>>334897713
I didn't realize blueberries had the same problem. I assume Darkmoon gets barely any summons?
>>
>>334897865
Vendor at Firelink, think you need to unlock them with ashes though
>>
>invaded right as I enter the high wall of lothric at the second bonfire
>sprint as fast as I can to the boss I've yet to beat on my own
>realized there's a fog wall for all phantoms opposite of that door that only the host can go in
>It actually works, he can't run in after me nor can the knights patrolling outside
>Waiting Souls 3, I texted and grab some snacks, he sat down further out
>I ran out every now and then to harass him like a scared gopher coming out of its hole
>red phantom puts away weapons eventually, drops an item on the ground and points to it
>"Rubbish"
>laughing my ass off as he leaves peacefully
I'll always love this community, and I wish I remembered to send him a message after that.
>>
>>334897848
If you want an easier time, then the red soapstone.
Seriously, the only reason the orbs exist is if you want to explicitly be an asshole. Using soapstones gets you your covenant proof items and easier fights for the most part, there is no advantage to using orbs.
>>
I've been doing a lot of red sign PvP in the somewhat earlier zones, level 30 on my character, weapon is only +1'd with a Fire infusion, full Kirk Cosplay.

Mostly its gone alright. Get a couple dinks in the mix, but people are usually cool. I've started handing out Embers to people if they aren't asswipes/aren't Embered when they summon me.

I think a lot of people don't realize the red signs are to summon hostile people though.
>>
>>334895347
Everytime. Killed two blues in archdragon, after that I had already wore the host down so he just collapsed and I killed him. This was after a few summoning fails as his last resort lol
>>
>>334884814
I can't help but feel guilty when I invade a lone player that doesn't get a blue sentinel and he's just by the bonfire.
>>
>>334885084
is thus from game of thrones?
>>
I'm not planning on invading other people or summoning help. How often would I get invaded if I played online on PC? Am I missing anything else if I play offline?
>>
>>334898575
If you don't ember, you won't be invaded at all.
>>
File: 1423508599873.gif (859 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1423508599873.gif
859 KB, 200x200
>pull a jape on host
>their lizard brain can't comprehend fun and auto-attack
>dies as a result
I was just going to take a shit in your world and leave, man
>>
best pvp is staying hollow and just summoning phantoms.
you punish estus chugging by forward R2 and sprinting at them to drain their stamina.
if you catch them in this scenario there's a good chance you're gonna win.
>>
How long until the gank squads go away? Even DS2's soul farmers weren't as bad as these cockgobblers who can't even walk 4 steps without 2 summons and a blue coon. Its insane when hosts won't even fight and just roll to the bonfire to summon, even the fucking summons will run to the host if you get a scratch on them.
>>
>>334899334
Just curious, anon - why are you invading?
If you want a good fight, you have mound-makers or the red soapstone for a duel.
If you're just looking be a creative dick in finding ways to kill people, why does it matter that there are multiple people there?

I actually don't understand this shit, 90% of the problems invaders are complaining about in this thread are solved by just using the soapstones instead of the orbs.
>>
>>334885912
Are you kidding me DeS was nothing but grass everywhere for me, and half the time I got invaded it was just people that used the storm sword or the degradation spear. I barely ever got to do any actual fights.
>>
>>334899334
I hope never. Trying to break through them with another invader is some of the funniest shit.
>>
>>334899628
For people like that, 'best' means the one they had the most success being a shitter in
>>
>>334899607
because the ganks still summon me and have figured out where I'll spawn from and they'll camp there

>>334899639
I have yet to invade with another invader that hasn't tried to kill me, even Aldrichfags will try and kill me before getting killed by the ganks
>>
>>334892893
If it's something like a greatsword probably, maybe two hits if you're lucky. You can usually survive 2-3 hits, and since they usually can't survive one that's pretty fair IMO.
>>
>>334885942
He was complaining about the gif you illiterate faggot.
>>
>>334899862
>because the ganks still summon me and have figured out where I'll spawn from and they'll camp there
Unless you have the worst luck in the world, the person summoning you will be looking for a proper fight the vast majority of the time. Just go to the courtyard after Pontif if you want a duel, that's fight club central.
>>
>>334884893
bloodborne pvp is boring as fuck
>>
>>334900005
I guess I do because that's literally what keeps happening, if I'm lucky someone will 1v2 me in the courtyard
>>
File: giphy.gif (371 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
371 KB, 500x281
Instead of taking the hint, PvPfags just get mad that they get ganked now. No one ever cared about your gayass PvP. This isn't the game for it so go play CS:GO.
>>
>>334895339

I-is that really OnlyAfro?

he's a cute trap?

No way
>>
>>334889760
> Bloodborne
> low grind powerups

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

I swear to Kos(m) I'm never doing another fucking Chalice dungeon as long as I live, those maxed gems were not worth my sanity or my dozens of hours.
>>
>>334900124
I'm actually having trouble believing you. The one and only time I didn't have a fair fight in the courtyard was when the host suddenly started attacking all the phantoms during the middle of a duel and had unlimited HP and FP. Other than that one weird incident, I've had almost nothing but good fights in that courtyard. You must be one unlucky son of a bitch
>>
>>334900193
>this isn't a game for PvP because you get in PvP
wut
>>
>>334893363
Why do i feel like undertale fans are the ones defending ganking ?
>>
>>334900193
>"I can't play a video game without help" the post
>>
>>334900005
>>334900193
honestly its just annoying that half the time im trying to get my host to the boss, then some red faggot shows up and literally wont fight us unless we have aggroed at least 3 enemies.
>>
File: 1460235228156.jpg (29 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
1460235228156.jpg
29 KB, 499x500
I absolutely hate it when I'm trying to have a 1v1 against an invader as a Sunbro, and the hosts just wants to fucking jump in for the gank. I hate, hate, hate it. It makes me feel dirty, like my win wasn't earned, which is true.
>>
Between all straight sword gank squads and having mobs attack through the floor I've finally raged after a week of this shit.
>>
>>334900337
It really is. And he's probably getting off to you calling him cute
>>
>tfw reliably killing 1-2 phantoms + hosts during an invasion on flat ground
>tfw at a significant disadvantage due to no ember but only lure into mobs if there is no other win condition
>tfw not using a katana, straightsword or rapier

literally, L I T E R A L L Y git gud, anyone who complains about invading being too hard is a moron

if you're invading, you have knowledge of the level, mobs on your side, cheeky items, preparation time and many many other advantages you can create for yourself

people crying are probably new to DS3 and watched some SICK pvp montages on youtube then got confused when a blueberry kata weeb rammed his 3 foot, ten thousand folded dick up their arse
>>
>>334900383
my luck stat is 9 so maybe that's why

>>334900447
stop helping plebs who can't even get to the boss, you are what's ruining dark souls
>>
>>334900474
Punish them by not entering the boss room
>>
>>334885323
Invinicibility frames, son.
>>
>>334900568
>implying gank squads dont bow cheese mobs
It's like its not a real advantage with based Aay team programing.
>>
>>334885516
people do that so covenant dudes can pvp in the fightclub to get covenant items
>>
>>334900569
>helping make sure host has full stocks for a boss battle and help him divide boss aggro is wrong.
>>
File: 1460191908856.jpg (163 KB, 941x878) Image search: [Google]
1460191908856.jpg
163 KB, 941x878
>invade world
>host and two phantoms accounted for
>no other phantoms
>go into chameleon
>bump into another moving piece of furniture
Moundfags freak me out
>>
>>334891701
> These games

Yes, Magic is hilariously overpowered in DeS and you could breeze through large chunks of the game with only a small investment in magic and still using regular weapons when it suited you.

Dark Souls is not as broken, but magic is still very powerful.

Bloodborne requires a specific build and playstyle, but Arcane is hugely powerful if you know how to do it.

> Dark Souls 3 specifically

Less so, magic isn't great in this one. Still doable though. But that's what people said on BB's release, so stragedys may evolve.
>>
>>334900870
yes, if he can't even get to the boss on his own he should just trade in the game and get something that was meant for babies who need to have their hands held through a game.
>>
File: 004.png (17 KB, 295x177) Image search: [Google]
004.png
17 KB, 295x177
>>334900387
>>334900418
>Too shit for a real comp game

Just admit it that you need to play a game where you can have a statistical advantage. It's not about having a fair fight.

>>334900569
>stop engaging the games mechanics and using them for the purpose they were made of
>it's making it impossible for me to invade!!!!
>>
>>334890667
When did it ever not favor superior numbers
learn to gankspank

>Invaders being able to Estus should have been a thing since Dark Souls 1
>>
>>334901127
>being so shitty that you have to gank
why even buy the game to begin with? just watch your favorite youtuber play it and leave dark souls to the big boys
>>
>>334900996

How do you get chameleon? I ony found 4 branches thus far. Does it cost a lot of INT to cast?
>>
>invaders getting mad they have such a hard time being dicks

the tears are delicious
>>
>>334901495
you wouldn't have typed this post if you weren't hiding by the bonfire waiting for the sunhoes to save you from having to dust off your controller
>>
File: 123141231.jpg (347 KB, 1706x769) Image search: [Google]
123141231.jpg
347 KB, 1706x769
WHO DARK SWORD HERE

I only use this to invade people now but only pull it out if it's a 1v2 1v3 1v4
>>
>>334899639

This. I still win 50-50, even with prevalent gank squads. I should start using the Lloyd talisman more tho, estus drags the battle out for an eternity. Can you buy them infinitely?
>>
File: 003.png (196 KB, 594x527) Image search: [Google]
003.png
196 KB, 594x527
>>334901382
What's the matter? I thought you were good at this game? Surely you should be able to handle the 2 other guys as well..?
>>
>>334898038

go fuck yourself
>>
File: image_1.jpg (48 KB, 502x432) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
48 KB, 502x432
>>334901632
>tfw one shot people with sword skill.
>>
>>334899334
How long until the piss weak invaders go away? Even DS2's soul farmers weren't as bad as these cockgobblers who can't even walk 4 steps without chuggin' from their estus. Its insane when invaders won't even fight for longer than two seconds when getting beaten and just roll to the mobs to hide like a bitch, even the fucking purples are manlier than these cunts.
>>
>>334900474
Are you the sunbro I was fighting as a mad dark spirit? I had one down to a sliver of health and then the douchebag host (something Pretzel) jumped in behind me and killed me.
>>
>>334901843

how the fuck do you one shot people with it? I normally hit like 400 something with it.
>>
>>334901973
Also this was in one of the fight club locations, outside Pontiff Sulyvahn
>>
>>334901953

Purples cause the best moments in pvp tbqh.

The fact that killing any phantom, including other purples, will grant them rewards makes it so dynamic. I always team up with the host if he lets me and help him fend off invaders, then stab him in the back if the opportunity arises.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.