[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Add three new major features to the series >Remove three
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11
File: pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg (53 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg
53 KB, 578x327
>Add three new major features to the series
>Remove three major features from X/Y (hard mode: not Megas)
How do you make the Pokemon experience less shit, /v/?
>>
Dating sim
Sex scenes
An actual postgame

Shitty rivals/friends whatever you want to call them
lack of story
lack of post game
>>
>>334880864
/thread
>>
What were major features of XY?

I genuinely forgot most because it felt like the most basic pokemon game only in 3D.
>>
>>334881303
3D and megas, arguably both for the worse.

even more handholding if you want a third, I guess.
>>
Add
Pokemon accessories, like putting a hat and bowtie and shit on them.
Pokemon able to use HM moves they dont know as long as you have the badge
Stuff to do as a champion, like beating elite 4 isnt the ending and the plot continues with your new responsibilities as a champ

Remove
Pokemon-Amie
Supertrainings shit minigame
pointless tipping that didnt do shit
>>
Adding
>You don't have to waste a slot for HM. You find the HM and can teach it like a "talent" or "skill"
>Beating the gym leaders not being the main reason of the travel.
>Be a Gym leader/be able to accept duel request as the Pokémon champion.

Remove
What >>334881303 said.
>>
>>334880468

Things I would add:
Interactive online lobbies
3D environments/Pokemon can be seen roaming around.
The removal of EV, a focus on IV, and more restrictive Natures.

Things I would take out:
Mega Evolution
HM machines (replace with trainer skills or some shit).
Pokemon-amie
>>
>>334881303
I think the clothes for your character were pretty major, even though I never used it.
>>
>>334881303
Being in 3D
Mega Evolution
Pokemon Amie
Super Training
PSS

Most of X/Ys best additions are smaller quality of life changes like revamped breeding and shit likebeing able to buy premier balls in bulk. Also vastly improved movepools and hiddenability access for a lot of mons.
>>
>>334880468
>cut content
>memes
>censorship

>women
>violence
>gameplay
>>
Remove Trainer Customization
Remove PR Videos
Remove Roller Skates

There, nothing of value was lost
>>
>>334882629
fuck you, being able to play dress up is the best addition to pokemon since the battle tower
>>
>Add three new major features to the series
>Remove three major features from the previous game

Isn't this what Gamefreak do with every new installment to begin with?
>>
>>334880468
No HMs (trainer uses items like cutters and portable boat, some moves can still be used outside of battle but none of them are mandatory and all of them can be erased at any time)
Gyms can be challenged in any order after the first one, Gym trainers and leaders will be calibrated based on your number of badges when you challenge them.
New pokéwalker-esque mechanics but based entirely on the 3DS' internal pedometer and not an external devise that encourages people to go out for walks

>Remove skates
>Go back to held item Exp Share
>No trainer customization
>>
>>334883539
>no customization
why
>>
>>334880468
Add:

Stat swapping or some form of legitimately getting otherwise unobtainable stats. Example; want to play competive with your favorite Pokemon but he gets ohko by literally everything? Swap his stats with a better Pokemon or boost them to an equivalent

Champion/ gym leader duty battles. You must accept and if you lose, you lose your title.

Legendary Pokemon story line in post game. As the champion you have to set out and capture every single legendary.

Remove:

EVs/IVs
HMs
That one fucking Pokemon who's in every single fucking route/cave/building/etc. Fuck you zubat
>>
>>334883858
Because GF already went on record saying that was one of the feature they thought separated Kalos from the other regions (the kind of features they always remove from one installment to another) as a reason to why they didn't let you customize Brendan and May in ORAS. It's not so much something I WANT as it is something I EXPECT to be gone in Sun/Moon.
>>
>>334882938
This. The problem is it doesn't go far enough.

>No appropriate clothes when playing with a mono Fighting team online

At least let me wear the antagonist team's grunt uniform
>>
Here are the things that will 90% be gone in Sun/Moon:
>Trainer videos
>Rollerskates
>Tipping
>Cafés where you can see pokémon to add to your pokédex
>>
Add:
>Difficulty Settings
>A more open world
>A rival that becomes a villain

Remove:
>EXP Share (new one, replace with old)
>Congested routes (routes with 20+ different pokemon)
>HM Limitations (being able to forget HMS while not in use)
>>
File: 1411807725767.png (891 KB, 1242x1157) Image search: [Google]
1411807725767.png
891 KB, 1242x1157
They should have customization as good as Pokken, but not just on a static sprite. They won't, though.

Dressing up Serena was a start at least, but even that's probably never coming back.
>>
>>334880468

Add:
>Move slots treated like equipment slots in a traditional RPG; instead of forgetting an old move to learn a new one, the new one is stored in a sub-menu on the status screen and can be swapped out at will with any other move in the Pokemon's "brain"
>new type that Ice is resistant to
>Gyms can be fought in any order; levels are scaled based on how many badges you have

Remove:
>HMs
>any shitty non-battle minigame that has its own facility
>event-exclusive legendaries
>>
File: 1459569787380.jpg (13 KB, 366x321) Image search: [Google]
1459569787380.jpg
13 KB, 366x321
>>334882339
my nigga

the sprites just have so much more charm
>>
>>334880468
I don't know what to add but
>remove mega evolution
>remove everstones
>remove random IVs
Oh I guess
>add a way to change IVs even if it's a battle [THING] item
>>
>>334885252
I just stated the facts of whatvwas added.
I'm fine with the 3D models.
>>
>>334880468
Add
>Better move diversity for the early game.
>>Stuff like more Water/Fairy physical moves at around 50 power.
>More interesting type combinations for early pokemon. No more bare bones normal shit that dies to every slight breeze.
>Difficulty settings back into the game.

Remove
>HMs other than Fly and Surf. It worked in B/W and B2/W2.
>Braindead gameplay shit, like the absolutely insane EXP All in Gen 6.
>Baby pokemon.
>>
>>334885450
I'd be fine with the 3D models if battles weren't like 18 fps.

But you know Game Freak. It takes them five games to figure out how to code on a new system.
>>
>>334885661
It always takes them a bit to figure this shit out.
Hell, D/P used spritesand they ran worse than X/Y
>>
>>334885461
>More interesting early route types
They already started this one. X/Y had a Normal/Fire, Flying/Fire and Normal/Ground among its early routers.
>>
>>334885661
That's more to do with the look they wanted with shaders and shit being possible on the 3DS, so they went for it, but the system can't really handle it well.

At least it runs fine in 1v1 when it doesn't do the split screen camera and you keep 3D off.
>>
Just once, I'd like to see a game with no villainous team.

Just let me wander the region doing my own shit, without having to drop everything after the seventh badge to go fight through a dungeon full of people with nigh-identical teams to stop some asshole from destroying the universe.

Alternately, give me a singular antagonist who does all of the evil stuff on his own, without the aid of an army of followers.
>>
File: 36471533.jpg (187 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
36471533.jpg
187 KB, 768x1024
>>334885754
Yeah, and by gen 5 things ran pretty well again. Then there's new hardware and it's all gone.

>>334885901
Some stuff still kills the framerate even with 3D off and no split-screen, like Aurorus.
>>
>>334880468
Fuck you, I'm removing Megas because they're all stupid.
>>
Add
- Rivals that change teams/personalities depending on your choices
- Tons of Sidequests, make Todd Howard jealous
- Well written story like BW/ORAS with plentiful postgame like BW2/HGSS

Remove
- Inverse Battles
- Sky Battles
- Roller blades
>>
>>334886228
>Removing inverse battles
But those are fun
Sky battles are complete ass though.
>>
>>334886228
>Well written story like BW/ORAS
>ORAS
>>
>>334880468
Add
Underground/secret base stuff from pearl and diamond
Double battle abilities
A plot that doesn't include stomping out evil organization #9 before beating the elite four

Remove
Megas
>>
>>334880468
>(hard mode: not Megas)
what's the point then?
>>
Add:
-Well constructed hard mode
-Pokemon online tier multiplayer with customisable rule sets/Pokemon etc
-more of an open worldish structure

Remove
-old Pokemon showing up before elite 4
-obtuse hiding of EVs and IVs
-xp share training all your Pokemon
>>
New Features
-Pokemon have now have 3 Abilities each, One that is Uniquely to Pokemon's species and two generic abilities can be switched around if the player so chooses
-The ability to pass time is now included to make hatching eggs less boring
-Various move tutors exist in the game, but to get to them the player must traverse a difficult path each time

Removed Features
IVs
IVs
Ivs
>>
Just remove IVs.
Fuck that shit.
>>
File: 39672150.jpg (185 KB, 425x600) Image search: [Google]
39672150.jpg
185 KB, 425x600
I forgot to mention: I think the thing the series needs most at the moment is to make the base game longer. A fleshed out postgame would be great, yeah, but it wouldn't be so desperately needed if the game didn't end so fast.

XY teased this a little by how long it took to get to the second and third badges. If they'd kept up that longer form pacing the whole game, it would've been pretty cool.
>>
Add:
-Difficulty
-Waifus
-Suprises (tone down the crap they reveal in trailers)

Remove:
-Megas
-3D Models
-Gen 6 XP Share
>>
>>334880468
>Remove all traces of Morimoto and Masuda from the the series
>Fire all employees from Gamefreak
>Donate all the money to Monolith Soft
>>
Add
-heavy story
-dialogue choices, enhanced character interaction, more roles for NPCs
-actual post game
-side quests
-return of battle frontier (especially battle factory)
-difficulty on boss battle

Remove
-IVs
-IVs
>>
>>334882007
I say remove IVs and focus on EVs. Nobody wants to breed a thousand eggs to get a Heracross with perfect attack stats. I'd rather get the right nature and EV train it
>>
Add:
>massively multiplayer online component where players can interact with each other and battle each other
>fuse with your pokemon
>a shrine where you can swap out 3DS cartridges while Pokemon is running where the Pokemon game reads the 3DS cartridge you put in and gives you a corresponding Pokemon

Remove:
>gyms
>elite four
>team rocket ripoff
>>
>>334889548
Don't forget
>Can revive Pokemon from ancient saucer stones instead of catching them
>Pokemon Dungeons with a boss at the end of every level
>Pokemon E to S rank tournaments
>>
+ HMs are now learned separately from your basic 4 move slots
+ Far more creative use for HMs in exploration. I wouldn't mind seeing complex puzzles implemented that require a diverse team working together to make it through an area
+ Optional postgame side quest that allows you to become a gym leader. You would have to choose a type and make it work against different trainers challenging you, some of them you may have met on your main journey. Multiplayer enabled, allowing people to challenge your gym online and fight you either live or an AI controlled version of your team

- pussy/dipshit rivals, they need to be a legitimate form of opposition to you becoming champion and presented as competent
- current form of exp share, just fuck it
- the insane detail in the 3D, or just go back to sprites and focus on higher quality animation and images because I don't like watching a slideshow
>>
REMOVE GENIES
>>
>>334880468

-Completely overhaul the battle engine, which was outdated even with the first game
-Allow Pokemon to have more than 4 moves; it didn't break Dragon Quest Monsters
-Remove EVs and IVs entirely and replace it with a new system, as well as having an in game system that allows players to calculate the stats rather than the current system of cryptic NPC clues and online calculators
-Make breeding less shit, also tied to changing the EVs and IVs
-Make it so you don't have to complete a single player story to do end game/multiplayer content
-Full online multiplayer from the start and live players appear in your game to trade, interact and battle against
-Each game adds a new part of the world as usual, but after completing the content on that new area, you can go back and explore the lands of all the past games, basically like Gold/Silver, but with all previous areas open to explore
-No more fucking contest and 'locked' Pokemon
-More visual customization for you and your Pokemon, but not just limited to dressing up
-The Elite Four will actually be 4 real people; after beating the game the first time, the Elite Four will be replaced with NPC copies of players who were able to beat the Elite Four; if you are one of the few people to beat an Elite Four member, your character replaces them on the Elite Four

All things that won't happen. Because it would break the Pokemon formula. When the Pokemon fanbase will still buy 15 million copies of a shit game, why improve the next one? They could literally just release Pokemon Red/Blue with 3D graphics and people would eat it up.
>>
I just got my eighth badge a couple of hours ago in OR

Clocked in at 18 hours played which seemed really quick for all eight badges but I think it was from the team exp boost item, which I really enjoyed, I felt like I barley had to grind at all compared to the last time I played a pokemon game (leaf green)

>Mega evolutions have to go
>Add all regions/badges/pokemon to one game
>expanded overworld, OR oceans felt tiny
>add lots of side quests post badges, side quest should be deep and meaningful and give high rewards like master balls

I enjoyed OR but Crystal is still my favorite
>>
>>334880468
Add something like contests except good and designed for local/global multiplayer
Add gym leader battles from ALL other regions like in HGSS
Add a "gym leader" campaign where you're restricted to using a randomly selected type at the beginning, with a different story

Rivals/friends
The need for more team rocket clones
Enormous amount of resources spent on field graphics
>>
>>334889548
>>massively multiplayer online component where players can interact with each other and battle each other
That already exists.
>>
File: this is amazing.png (284 KB, 334x454) Image search: [Google]
this is amazing.png
284 KB, 334x454
>>334880864
>lack of something is a feature
>>
>>334880468
>larger world
>battle frontier
>a difficulty option

They are probably just going to add more mega evolutions though. Get ready for more unessicary stripes added to old Pokemon.
>>
Remove shitty friends.
Also remove obscure EV/IV junk, just give straight numbers on the stat screens and add what pokemon gives what EVs on their dex.
>>
>>334893894

>a difficulty option
Don't use EXP share and don't grind. There's your difficulty option.
>>
>>334893997
You can already easily ev train Pokemon with the training mini game in X and Y.
>>
>>334893997
EVs are fine, especially now with Super Training turning EV training into a minigame. IVs were, are and will always be complete fucking bullshit though and need to be removed ASAP.
>>
File: 1458524520190.jpg (43 KB, 553x462) Image search: [Google]
1458524520190.jpg
43 KB, 553x462
>>334880468
Why do people hate on Mega's? for a lot of pokemon its the only reason that they're existence can be justified, like charizard for example.
>>
>>334894053
Nice try but I don't use experience shares the game is still piss easy. I don't see why adding a difficulty option is such a blasphemous thing. Fire emblem and Zelda do it.
>>
>>334894373
Because while some are good, others are hideously unbalanced or outright worthless.
>>
>>334894373
I see the reason for them competitively but they are completely uncreative. I would rather use a new fire/dragon Pokemon than use mega Charizard.
>>
>>334894472

Fire Emblem and Zelda also have much smaller peramiters than a Pokemon game. Fire Emblem has set levels and Zelda's 'difficulty' is just a slight change in damage.

A major RPG would have to factor in many things. It could just cop out like your examples and simply make a hard mode = higher EXP rates. But then you would complain its bad. Though considering that's exactly what Black/White did and people on /v/ seem to love it, maybe that's all you need.
>>
>>334880468
Fuck your hard mode, remove megas.

It was a nice idea at first, give the weaker mons a little power boost.
But then they gave it to powerhouses that didn't need it at all, like Blaziken, Rayquaza, Salamence, and now the balance is fucked forever and everyone you battle online is guaranteed to have one of those overpowered cunts in their team.
>>
File: Farfetch'd_083.png (40 KB, 172x200) Image search: [Google]
Farfetch'd_083.png
40 KB, 172x200
>>334894373

Only 10% of Pokemon have a Mega form. If they all did, then people would probably not be as mad. But as it stands now, many of the Pokemon that get a Mega Evolution are already the most powerful ones even without a mega.

There's also the issue that the 'Mega' evolution is basically just taking a standard Pokemon and giving it Legendary level stats. And people who are competitive with Pokemon already ban Legendaries. So what do you think they do with Megas?
>>
Cant believe no one has said this one

+Multiple save files. (None of yall want this?)
+Dificulty settings
+Better designed pokemon

-Npcs with their 2deep4u philosophies(including stupid rivals/friends going on about friendship)
-HMs (not being able to forget them at anytime or bettee yet just replace them with trainer skills like the whole flying with latios or latias
-Not being able to nickname traded pokemon. ( yo fuck that. I wanna rename my blaziken ive had since gen 3 and change the names of these ching chong recieved pokemons. Theyre my property now, let me do what I want)
>>
JUST GIVE ME BACK MY UNIQUE GYM THEMES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTFLxeg6tg

oh and remove ivs
>>
>>334881785
Pokemon-Amie is never leaving nor should it, you fool. It literally takes nothing away from the game
>>
>>334880468
No more pokemons.
The game is centered around collecting waifus and battling with other waifus. If you lose you get raped. There 1000% better game.
>>
>>334897279
I forgot Black2/White2 where the first games to use actual spoken lines
>>
>>334896967
>>+Better designed pokemon
Oh fuck off already. There's literally nothing wrong with the current designs. Sure there might be a few stinkers here and there, but there always is, and overall most of the designs are great
>Inb4 genwunner image/copypasta dumps about DIGIMON, GARBAGE BAG, A FUCKING KEY, TOO MANY STRIPES and other hilarious memes.
>>
+Multiple miniregions instead of just one
+Events like leages and tournaments
+Create a combo system for double/triple battles

-no more exp share
-get rid of super-training
-fuck flight battles
>>
>>334895027
>But as it stands now, many of the Pokemon that get a Mega Evolution are already the most powerful ones even without a mega.
As it stands now you're fucking wrong. That only applies to 50%. The other 50% is weak or unpopular Pokemon.

>There's also the issue that the 'Mega' evolution is basically just taking a standard Pokemon and giving it Legendary level stats. And people who are competitive with Pokemon already ban Legendaries. So what do you think they do with Megas?
Having legendary stats doesn't mean anything, especially when there are Pokemon by themselves that already have those, like Slaking or Dragonite.
>>
>>334898713
>-get rid of super-training
Get rid of your wrists faggot.
>>
>>334898713
>get rid of good things
>have my shit ideas
>have something that's already in the game but i'm too retarded to know about it
>>
>>334881785
>wantng to get rid of super training
>>
>>334898713
>flight battles
Agreed, these were fucking stupid as shit.
>>
>>334893704
Kirby games are pretty much "lack of difficulty" as a feature.
>>
>Add
An actual storyline
Cosmic type
The ability to become a gym leader en build your own gym

>Remove
HMs
event exclusive pokemon
Sky battles
>>
Add
>a different fucking story progression than 8 gyms->elite four for once
>cosmetic differences between individual pokemon
>difficulty setting

Remove
>IVs
>IVs
>for fuck's sake remove IVs already
>Exp. Share's current version
>the super training minigame, the EV menu can stay
>>
Add
Decent storyline that isn't "beat 2 gyms, then recover the scientist's stolen whatever, then more gyms, then infiltrate the shitty enemy base, then the seventh gym, take down the enemy, eighth gym, take down the enemy leader, elite four, champion, the end". It's gotten old.
More varied pokemon in any given area (each route has 20 different pokemon or something rather than 5)
No pokemon that appear in nearly every location (fucking zubat)

Remove
HMs apart from fly/surf
IVs
That stupid fucking "duWING!" sound that plays when you click a menu item. Just make it the "boring!" from the older games. Fuck that sound.
>>
File: 1424658802572.jpg (266 KB, 1000x1135) Image search: [Google]
1424658802572.jpg
266 KB, 1000x1135
Needs more yuri. Everything else is optional.
>>
>>334880468
Changing clothes was the best thing about X/Y. I loved to dress my character. I want it in all Pokemon games please.
>>
Add
A fucking pronunciation guide on the PokeDex
A story that isn't just "Get 8 badges and beat evil team with box legendary"
Difficulty settings

Remove
Multiple "friendly" rivals
HMs, replace with items
Zubat in the Regional Pokedex
>>
>>334904015
the accent in charizard is the middle syllable
it rhymes with lizard after all
>>
>>334884007
That was just an excuse for being lazy though. It'll come back.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.