[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The PS4 was too cheap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 400.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
400.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
Everyone loved than the PS4 was $400. Horray, it's cheap!
Yep and that's why it's outdated trash 2 years after release. If they had charged $500 or $550 (which is not that much money in 2013 dollars), we could have had a cut down 7950 in there instead of a 7850.

Everyone who bought a PS4 for $400 is responsible for the PS4K situation, because they showed Sony that profiting from an underpowered system is possible. So now we'll get console updates every 3 years forever.
>>
>outdated trash 2 years after release

So what makes it different from any other console?
>>
>2016
>Caring about consoles.

You have to be over 18 to post here, fagkid.
>>
>>334854875
Nah, the 360's GPU was still pretty decent in 2007. It was up against the 8800GT, which was always the recommended or minimum spec for PC ports.

The PS4's GPU is equivalent to the R7 360, which is pretty bad compared to stuff like the 390 and 980.
>>
>Build pc
>Upgrade whenever the fuck you want
>Avoid making more shitty threads on /v/.

You could have done that instead.
>>
>>334854623
>because they showed Sony that profiting from an underpowered system is possible
I didn't realize I had been magically transported to the year 1994
>>
>>334856124
When the 360 came out it actually edged out the best available PC hardware. It was damn cheap for what you got and they made money back in games. Both Sony and Microsoft lost a lot per sale, and that was at
> 499 US DOLLARS
Each
>>
>>334854623

Nah if anything people who insist on buying every iteration of fucking iPhones and Nintendo handhelds are to blame because it shows how large of a market there is to exploit retards with tons of money.
>>
File: Haruno-Sakura-haruno-sakura-3440.jpg (291 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Haruno-Sakura-haruno-sakura-3440.jpg
291 KB, 1680x1050
Is there no end to Sony fan's wallets?

>PS1
>PS One
>PS2
>PS2 replacement
>PS2 replacement 2
>PS2 Slim
>PS2 Slim Replacement
>PS3 launch day
>PS3 120GB model
>PS3 Slim

I mean, dang. I know that's the not the same situation everyone went through, but where is the limit?

How far can a company milk a country before they take a stand and say enough?

Nintendo can't do this. Microsoft can't do this.

How is Sony able to?
>>
>>334857160

>Nintendo can't do this

Bull
fucking
shit
>>
>>334854623
mid line PC hardware 2007 = top of the line "future of gaming"
>HD GAMING
>SPORTS
>LONGEST CYCLE EVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGLe_fR4AJE

get HYPE!
>>
>>334857160
Lol

Just the handhelds
>game boy
>game boy colour
>game boy lite
>game boy advanced
>game boy sp
>game boy so close
>DS
>DS xl
>DSi
>DSi xl
>3ds
>3ds xl
>new 3ds
>new 3ds xl
>>
599 US DOLLARS
>>
>>334857956

You forgot the GameBoy pocket and micro.
>>
>>334856413
It almost bankrupted sony.
>>
>>334857160

>Nintendo has done more than that in handhelds just with the DS not even mentioning the 19 Game Boy designs and the top loader NES

fucking stupid anime faggots strike again
>>
>>334854623
>implying sony is in the position of charging over $500 for a console
>>
>>334855613
Wow the delusion.
>>
>>334857427
>>334857956
>>334858243
You are imbeciles if you think comparing a series of handheld devices with only two base iterations per gen, amounts to the same thing as $400+ consoles with multiple iterations that trim or add features and segment their audience.

Sony fans =/= logic apparently.

Looks like I found the answer I was looking for. I just didn't know where to look until now.
>>
>>334859648

>dddddont insult muh nintendo

fucking kill yourself
>>
>>334859965
Dank argument. DANK.
>>
>>334854623
The PS4 wasn't even a loss leader, though. They just put in shittier parts and sold mostly based on hype and microsoft shooting themselves in the foot with a submachine gun

They could've put in better parts at the same price and sold it at a slight loss, but customers are stupid enough that it doesn't really matter what they put in as long as microsoft fucks up as much as they did
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.