[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Bloodborne really made by the A-Team? The design philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: darksoulsvsbloodborne.jpg (338 KB, 1222x752) Image search: [Google]
darksoulsvsbloodborne.jpg
338 KB, 1222x752
Was Bloodborne really made by the A-Team? The design philosophy seems to be the opposite of what it used to be back in the Demon's / Dark Souls 1 days... Miyazaki certainly didn't want grotesque in his games.
>>
Bloodborne had a different philosophy, Miyazaki wanted grotesque in Bloodborne cause of the setting and thene
>>
Bloodborne is not souls
>>
>>334850154
Bloodborne isn't Dark/Demon Souls.
>>
>>334850431
>>334850749

>Miyazaki: "with every project I work on, not just 'Dark Souls'"
>>
>>334850154
I don't know, I assume the case is a bit different fro Bloodborne, but even with how gross they are, the examples you posted still do have a form of dignity to them.
>>
>>334851148

They literally look like vaginas. How's that dignity?
>>
>>334851209
Maybe you should play the game?
>>
>>334850902
Shit changed since 2011
>>
>>334850902
Bloodborne walks a thin line between action and horror, I hope you realize these designs are made to be as disturbing as possible, to reflect on that whole "just looking at it will drive you insane" theme Lovecraft was so into. Even if he said "with every project" that's obviously not going to include games where it would conflict with their core aspects. And hell, for all we know the early drafts of these bosses could've been much worse than what they ended up using.
>>
>>334850154
Bloodborne was developed by Japan Studio though, that's why it's so different and not clunky like DaSIII
>>
>>334850154
Bloodborne was a rushed garbage that Miyazaki made to appease sony and sonyggers.

And it also worked as an alpha for Dark Souls 3
>>
>>334854414
fox and grapes
>>
>>334850154
No, it was made by the B-team
>>
>>334850154
>Miyazaki doesnt like Grotesque

What is:
Tower of Latria
Valley of Defilement
Gaping Dragon
Ceaseless Discharge
Centipede Demon
Dragon Asses
>>
>>334850154
Demon's Souls did not have Dignified bosses. Remember fatty mcfatfat or the lancesludge?
>>
>>334850154
Hey /v/. Did you know: StudioJapan worked on Bloodborne. It is not only a Fromsoft game.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.