[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumb question but do you think Blizzard will take us seriously?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: 2016-04-19 15-04-39.jpg (453 KB, 1553x1058) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-19 15-04-39.jpg
453 KB, 1553x1058
Dumb question but do you think Blizzard will take us seriously? What will happen when the petition finally reaches 200k SIGNATURES. It's inevitable right? Nostarlius was more than a private server, it was a community
>>
>>334843427
>Dumb question but do you think Blizzard will take us seriously?
No
> What will happen when the petition finally reaches 200k SIGNATURES
Nothing
> It's inevitable right?
Pretty much

Blizzard doesn't care, and I don't get their end game. Closing down Nostarlius makes no fucking sense if they don't plan on capitalizing on that market

If anything, they just cost themselves about 150k sales on every game they'll ever release from here on out.
>>
>>334843427
Do honestly think 200k means anything to a company with millions of subscribers? Whats that like 2%?
>>
>>334843663
>Closing down Nostarlius makes no fucking sense if they don't plan on capitalizing on that market

They had to for copyright reasons.

And they aren't going to make legacy servers unless they figure a way to keep players buying expansions. Those sales are important to them
>>
>>334843920
You don't make business by losing 2% of your market in a single day, especially since this deal is detrimental in every way to blizzard.

Regardless if they can afford to not care today, the cannot afford to not care in the long run. It's just how business works.
>>
>>334843920

When you're a business, it makes sense pandering to markets that want something you've made in the past, since it should take minimal effort to re release it.
>>
>>334843920
>millions of subscribers
>the Chinese don't even pay a sub fee, just a time card that doesn't lose value without play
>wew, 4M Chinese are logging on once per month, we're doing well!
>>
>>334844030
>They had to for copyright reasons.
I'm not saying they shouldn't have or they didn't have a right, I'm saying that one retard going "no legacy because I know better" is literally sinking the company.

>And they aren't going to make legacy servers unless they figure a way to keep players buying expansions.
Earning $0 from Nost players < Earning 15 bucks subscription/month from legacy servers < Earning $60 from every expansion they sell to people who went out of their way to NOT get the expansions

Makes no fucking sense, mate
>>
>>334843427
The best thing that could POSSIBLY happen is that WoW gets more bad press, Legion kills WoW for good and Blizz doesn't care about vanilla servers anymore.

There will never be an official vanilla server again.
>>
>>334843427
blizzard will never care about this, people like to think this will destroy blizzard for some stupid reason but they are delusional as hell.
>>
>>334843427
Petitions don't do anything.
>>
>>334844265
I guess theyre banking on some of those Nost players coming back to standard wow.

And I get you, I'm not happy about it. Legacy servers make all the sense in the world. I'm also thinking they're trying to find a way to pull more than 15$/mo out of the legacy players before releasing it.

We'll see. If anything, maybe all this talk and their move against private servers means they do have something planned? I'm just speculating.
>>
>>334843427
>Order at McDonalds in Summer
>"Hi can I have a Shamrock Shake"
>"Sorry sir we're out of those"
>"WHAT! FUCK YOU!"
>Proceed to punch employee and hop over counter
>Start squirting toothpaste into cup with Ice cream machine
>Give one to your only equally crazy friend at the restaurant
>Police come tackle and arrest you
>"ITS NOT FAIR, I BOUGHT ONE IN MARCH WHY CANT I HAVE ONE NOW"

This is your mindset OP
>>
The same thing that happened at 100k signatures.

Nothing.
>>
>>334844751
Oh cool a food analogy, something I can understand as an american
>>
File: 1458743060772.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458743060772.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
5.5 million people playing WoW right now as of the end of last year. Even though they lost 100k in the three months before that number, let's go even lower and say it's five million subscribers currently.

5 mil * 15$ = $75,000,000 per month guaranteed, not including microtransactions, expansion purchases.

Now let's take the Nostralius petition. If you think that all 200,000 people signing this petition would actually pay the money it takes to play WoW instead of playing it for free, you're a fucking idiot. How many people watching Jontron actually give two shits about WoW? But let's say in this fantasy world that all 200,00 people are players who don't like WoW in its current state and want to play Vanilla WoW and are willing to pay 15 dollars a month (not including the traditional WoW sub). So now Blizzard needs to set up new servers, rollback the updates while keeping some convenience shit, get new GMs that remember how Vanilla WoW works, and upkeep those servers to support these players, with no ability to offer them expansions or microtransactions of any sort.

200,000 * $15 (Which is a high estimated value considering you're paying for old content) = $3,000,000, no microtransactions or mounts or any other shit, no option to buy new expansions to Vanilla content.

WoW's current subscriber base is 25 times more lucrative (not including microtransactions) than the private server idea. You do not matter. You are not worth the amount of effort it would take on Blizzard's part to be making only 3 million more a month.
>>
>>334844990
90% of the nostcuck threads are nothing but food analogies. I think anon was trying to say something they will understand.
>>
>>334844751
>Shoot toothpaste up my rectum
>Poop minty shit on a homeless man
>Jerk off onto his dirty coat
>Make out with your minty shit in your mouth with him
>Spread your asscheeks
>He pukes right in your asshole
>You bend your neck really far and lick it out
>Goes home and goes back to bed

Literally you.
>>
File: sanicc.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
sanicc.jpg
331 KB, 1920x1200
>>334844751
I refuse to believe this was written by someone over the age of 14
>>
>>334843427
Pirate fags BTFO maybe next time buy the game lmao :^)
>>
>>334845070
>Earning 3 million dollars extra a month is not profitable because it takes an initial investment and we're getting more money elsewhere (for now)

Dumbest post in the thread, by far.
>>
>>334844751
Except the Shamrock Shake is coming back next March.
>>
File: 1299713267754.jpg (150 KB, 990x553) Image search: [Google]
1299713267754.jpg
150 KB, 990x553
>>334844751
>Bought Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne when it came out.
>I can still play Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne today.
>Bought World of Warcraft Vanilla when it came out.
>Have to use illegal means to play it again even if I'm paying for a subscription to the official service.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>334845642
eula and tos :P
>>
>go mcdonals wanting bigmac
>only has new bigmac
>say want old
>no
>why
>you think wanting don't
>make own old bigmac
>mcdonald sue
>>
>>334845741
The funny part is that after that, mcdonalds expects people who want the old bigmac to just eat the new one, even though they went through great lengths to not do that.
>>
>>334845741
>Steal ingredients (all assets and content)and recipe (original Vanilla framework) from Mcdonalds (Blizzard) and give old recipe Big Macs (Vanilla server) to people for free (Not paying to play)
>People actually see a problem with this
>>
>>334844751
>Go to McDonalds
>Order burger
>They replaced the meat with dog shit
>Ask for old burgers back
>Y-Y-Y-Y-YOU THINK Y-Y-OU WANT IT BUT YOU DON'T
>Go home
>Make own burger for me and my friends for free
>McDonalds sues
>>
>>334845968
since the copy that you just blizzard, which has not lost anything from it, no it does not steal
>>
>>334845724
Yes but is it morally right?

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>334846171
>stealing is morally right because I said so
lol no

Prove me wrong
>>
>>334846267
No, that's not the point I'm trying to make. You're a fucking moron.
>>
BLIZZARD HAS TO SAY SOMETHING

EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY NO LITERALLY LAST YEAR AT BLIZZCON

THE OUTRAGE

THEY HAVE TO RIGHT?

THEY HAVE TO !!!!

TWO
HUNDRED
THOUSAND
SIGNATURES

after a week of shilling, duplicate signatures, and signatures from people who dont even play wow
>>
>>334846423
>is ok to steal because I played the game
That's exactly your point retard. You can kick and scream as much as you want but your memeserver is gone forever.
>>
>>334843427
Nothing will happen.
>>
>>334846551

Spoken like someone who has no interest on either side of the matter and is only here to rack up (you)s
>>
>>334846521
You think you want it, but you don't =
A lot of people views vanilla with nostalgia goggles.
There were a lot of balance issues that made certain classes/speccs useless in raids.
>>
>>334844030
Make people pay the normal $15 a month for access to the legacy servers on top of a yearly fee of $40. I know people would pay that because I fucking would and I haven't had a sub to wow since wrath ended.
>>
>>334843427
>Dumb question but do you think Blizzard will take us seriously?
No

> What will happen when the petition finally reaches 200k SIGNATURES
Nothing, Blizzard knows that most of those numbers don't mean shit since the stuff was hyped by Youtubers more than the actual players. Nostarius numbers is a much better show of need of legacy servers than petition signed by PewDiePie and JT subscribers that probably don't even have a PC. Also even those 200k of nobodies is just too much of a hassle to recreate progressive vanilla. Blizzard would be lucky to get even quarter of those subs on actual legacy servers. they won't do that for a number less than half a million.
>>
>>334846842
Amazing argument anon. Good luck with your retarded petition lol
>>
>>334846876
how long would pay that sub, until you managed to beat naxx?
>>
>>334846843
>There were a lot of balance issues that made certain classes/speccs useless in raids.
Fix those issues and you've got legacy servers.
>>
>>334846171
>morally right
Subjective and opinion based. Receipts and EULAs are contracts you agree to and dont bother to read when you buy or play a game.
>>
>>334847013
But then it wouldn't be vanilla :^)
>>
>>334847000
Probably, but that's why they should do progression servers instead of legacy. After naxx is beat give about 6 months and then go into BC etc.
>>
>>334846171
>morally right?
It is because you've agreed
>>
>>334847013
But that wouldnt be vanilla.
>>
>>334843427
Blizzard, you do not need to make an existing server. They don · OT, we listen to the hatred argument of their anti-base% 2CSO fever% 2CI.
>>
>>334847119
Fuck these puritan nerds. Diablo 2 got balance changes. I just want the content.
>>
>>334847127
But what if I want to stay in vanilla?

>Then just stay there
>You have a minority population spread apart by 3 expansions
>You can no longer play vanilla because you dont have 40 people on your server because they all went tbc or wotlk

epic man epic, this is why blizzard doesnt do that shit
>>
>>334847119
It would be TBC:^)
>>
It's because you're a bunch of immature retarded faggots.

The letter should read that you'd be willing to pay WoW should they release a vanilla server for you 800,000 miserable faggots to play on.

But you AREN'T willing to pay for WoW, even if Blizzard put out an official vanilla server. Why would they take you seriously? They aren't losing a sale because you have no money anyway
>>
>>334846967

Your argument was just as compelling. Good luck with your wasted time.
>>
>>334843427
Blizzard will release legacy servers ONLY and only when they are done milking the wow fanbase with expansions, in other words when they drop support and get a way to give addicts what they want without having to add any new content at all.

Don't expect them before that though and that will happen only when they will have their new MMO launched by at least an year.
>>
>>334847316
Once wrath is finally over they can just start back at vanilla and give those people another go. The people they lose from switching out of vanilla would just be gained back from the people jumping on board for BC and same with wrath.
>>
>>334847354
That's implied, how much of a stupid faggot are you?
>>
So these petitions.

Can they be scaled to print on toilet paper?
>>
>>
>>334847626
>then we just start over!

For what purpose, an MMO isnt poe/diablo season
>>
>>334847772
They could make so much money from doing that with a game that has a sub fee though. Tons of people come back for the start of new seasons in diablo and if it had a sub they'd have to pay every time they wanted back in.
>>
>>334847678
>jpg
You use PNG for text, large one color spaces and line art you dipshit.
>>
>I want a Vanilla server
>I want a TBC server
>I want a WOTLK server
>I want a Cata server
>I want a MoP server
>I want a progressive vanilla server starting at 1.1
>I want a vanilla server starting at 1.12.1
>I want vanilla with lfg
>I want this that and everything else
>>
>>334848000
>he doesn't know about .webm
>>
>>334848000

>using a garbage format that makes images take up more space than necessary
>>
Blizzard doesn't give a flying mango fuck about its consumers outside how much money they can milk from them. Companies are beholden to their shareholders, not you.
>>
>>334848427

You're not a consumer if you don't pay them.
>>
>>334843663
>anything, they just cost themselves about 150k sales on every game they'll ever release from here on out.

You have no fucking clue. Most of the idiots signing the petition are doing it just so spite blizzard. Nothing is going to happen so those same idiots will still buy legion, overwatch and go see the movie.

And they do no better. Do you have all the data showing it's goign to be profitable to have a legacy server?

It's very easy for someone to SAY they will play. In reality nost had what.. 14k? And a large amount of it was bots.

Metzen is an ass but he's still corrent saying people don't actually want legacy. They would of done it long ago if it was profitable.
>>
>>334844223
>blizz is still getting money for chinese wow
>those chinese players are still active and playing

I know you're desperate for blizz to fall but learn some basic business please.
>>
>>334848128
Yes, that's what I'm complaining about, him using jpg
>>
>>334848610
>You have no fucking clue.
And you do?

>Do you have all the data showing it's goign to be profitable to have a legacy server?
No, thanks to Blizz. If they have said "nah, we can't" instead of "actually you don't want it because I know better" this wouldn't be happening. Also, you don't know either that it wouldn't be profitable. As a matter of fact no one fucking does.

>Metzen is an ass but he's still corrent saying people don't actually want legacy.
Doesn't fucking matter if he's correct or not, he's costing his company sales. Regardless if you think they are insignificant, you don't make business by ACTIVELY LOSING SALES
>>
>implying people wont buy legion

i played wod for 2 months, didnt touch a single raid
but i will buy legion, just for the 5 mans and leveling desu

legacy wouldnt make me resub
>>
>>334843427

Seriously who give a fuck at this point, just quit that garbage MMO and stop buying from that garbage company.
>>
File: 1461015571650.png (292 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1461015571650.png
292 KB, 900x900
>>334848819
Thanks for posting.
>>
>>334843427
>"take us seriously"
>"us"

Legacy servers are a fucking stupid idea and you should kill yourself for thinking it's anything but. Don't pool me with the "I want legacy servers" group.

Just find a new private server like everyone else.
>>
File: 1461099072000.jpg (218 KB, 925x1000) Image search: [Google]
1461099072000.jpg
218 KB, 925x1000
>>334847678
>>
File: 137345859146.png (89 KB, 163x359) Image search: [Google]
137345859146.png
89 KB, 163x359
>>334844751
wow real good analogy you have there anon wow real good job on that one
>>
You know what else would make blizzard millions of dollars, which doesnt require them to go out of their way, or hire new staff? Legion
>>
>>334845339
Legacy servers confirmed
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.