[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NX is supposed to be 50% more powerful than the PS4 acco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: Shigeru-Miyamoto..png (285 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
Shigeru-Miyamoto..png
285 KB, 560x315
>NX is supposed to be 50% more powerful than the PS4 according to "leaks"
>PS4k specs reveal PS4k is more than 2 times powerful than PS4 in certain parts(especially gpu)
Where were you when Sony made the NX obsolete before it even released?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-sonys-plan-for-playstation-4k-neo-revealed
>>
>falling for the sony meme again
>>
>Sony alienating existing PS4 players with an upgraded system
>Thinking devs will actually develop with the upgrade in mind and miss out on all those pre-4k sales

You're adorable op.
>>
>>334826561
>he thinks anyone will bother working with the NX and it wont be axed after 2-3 years
>>
>>334826395
>more than 2 times powerful

You're retarded.
>>
Laughing at all the idiots that bought an olde PS4
>>
File: 1434126353106.png (26 KB, 116x178) Image search: [Google]
1434126353106.png
26 KB, 116x178
>>334826395
>PS4k is 2 times powerful in any capacity
but that is bullshit
>>
>>334826661
>Thinking devs will actually develop with the upgrade in mind and miss out on all those pre-4k sales
They don't have a choice. Sony decides what goes on their DRM station 4, devs have no saying and ignoring the largest console install base probably isn't an option. If Sony says your game has to run on both the old one and provide improvements for the new one, that's exactly what you'll do.
>>
>believing rumors

NX is going to be a handheld.
>>
>>334827085
It better fucking be.
>>
>>334826395
>NX is supposed to be 50% more powerful than the PS4 according to "leaks"
The rumors have ranged from "slightly stronger than the X1" to "high in PC gaming", which would be stronger than the PS4k.

Basically you don't know shit and your math is off.
>>
>>334826661
All they'll need to do is make the PS4K version run at a higher resolution and frame rate.

PS4: 720p, 30fps
PS4K: 1080p, 60fps
>>
>ps4k rumours were literally never backed up with any source at all, not even some specs, or some industry meeting reports
>somehow this is real now because it "wins" against another set of rumours
Jesus get help holy shit
>>
>>334827280
>2017 and forward
>1080p
It better be a handheld cause even phones are better these days.
>>
>>334826395
what is this obsession with power? if you want power, you play PC games. nobody buys nintendo for the epic graphix; they buy it for the exclusive nintendo ips
>>
>>334827419
>Phones running AAA games
Nice bait de geso
>>334827280
this
>>
Where were you when Sony gave a big fat middle finger to all people who bought into the "LE BUY THE PS4 MEME"?
>>
>>334827307

Too many big sites getting behind the specs rumours now. Guessing lots of 'off the record' confirmations.
>>
I don't care about the NX home console, I want a handheld with more power than the Vita and proper 1st party support.
>>
>>334827280
This pretty much.
And most of the stuff like 16x AF, better AA, post processing and higher quality textures can be done within seconds.
>>
>>334827280

Rumours are saying that Sony are making it a condition that games cannot be PS4K only aren't they?

If Sony are smart, they'll provide QA staff to test patch games to keep studios costs down.

Improving the resolution is probably trivial but they'll still need a full round of testing to ensure nothing unexpected breaks.
>>
>>334827854

This nigga knows what is up.

A nice fucking slick powerful handheld with both first and third party and a decent battery to boot and I'm fucking good to go.

I like the 3DS for what it is and it provided me a lot of fun time, but I know Nintendo can do much better than that, they're just hoarding all them Amiibo money to make it even possible, powerful technology ain't cheap, ya know.
>>
We know absolutely nothing about the NX other than that it's probably a console.
>>
>>334827854
Same. Give me a portable Wii U, and I'll be happy.
>>
>>334829837
>portable Wii U
Sounds pretty expensive.
>>
Why is it impossible for consoles to reach native 1080p 60fps? I thought we'd have solved this problem 10 years ago. What happened?
>>
>>334826739
point out the part he got wrong you idiot
>>
>>334826838
>PS4k is 2 times powerful in any capacity
what does that even mean?
in any case, check the numbers, do the math
>>
>>334830006
Consumers don't want to spend more than $400 on a system and no one wants to sell consoles at a loss after last gen
>>
>>334827218
>"high in PC gaming"
that makes no sense english wise
also a source would be nice
>>
>>334826990
Whats it like being this retarded?
>they dont have a choice.

This is where you're wrong, my cute little shittershattered retard. They do have a choice. You see, Sony has put themselves in the awkward position where they NEED the 3rd party devs far more than they need Sony.
Infact, they dont need sony at all.

They can go make games for whatever they want if sony wants to be an inbred cunt. Point in fact: its what capcom did with monster hunter.
>>
>>334827218
>your math is off
Original PS4 GPU - 18 CUs at 800 MHz
NEO GPU - 36 CUs at 911 MHz
>2.2x stronger
stay in school
>>
>>334830838
He forgot that the New 3DS literally has one exclusive. And it was published by Nintendo and not a 3rd party
>>
>>334830838
This is actually a really good post. I have been primarily a Playstation gamer, but I didn't get a PS3 until quite late. I don't actually care about Sony at all -- they just happen to be the platform that generally gets every third party game.
>>
>>334827419
Just how powerful do you think these systems are? For a system to do 1440p, or even 4k, gaming, they would need to be priced outside what the mass market is willing to pay.
>>
>>334831318
It's going to be an overclocked PS4, it'll probably be more expensive since they'll need to invest in better cooling as to avoid first gen 360 problems
My guess we're going to get another "599 US dollars" meme
>>
File: 1442283289222.jpg (176 KB, 735x378) Image search: [Google]
1442283289222.jpg
176 KB, 735x378
>Sony is this scared of Nintendo that they are forced to make a new console this early

How did he do it?
>>
>>334831449
That's not true, its about the poly count and texture size you are willing to use. Problem is that this gen was full retard and all devs wanted to "out do" the competition by pushing visual standards that nobody can run correctly. And since nobody hires good devs anymore all they do is wait for GPU tech to save their ass.
Nintendo actually has an edge with higher res gaming because their games are way less demanding by default so are better candidate for such a tech jump, and their customers will follow.
>>
File: 1454391419471.gif (3 MB, 220x212) Image search: [Google]
1454391419471.gif
3 MB, 220x212
Man, console makers just keep making their products more and more unappealing. Sure some of the games look pretty fun, but the way these companies are handling hardware and services is driving me away.
>>
>>334831948
He's a yakuza boss
He will use intimidation to make 3rd parties stay on board
He will use the same tactic Sony used when they revealed the PS4 and use every play in the book to make the competition look inferior
>>
>>334831961
> and their customers will follow.
That's why the 3ds sold 1/3 of the DS and the Wii U sold like 1/6th or the Wii did? Nintendo alienated both their fanbases. They're going to have to sell a quality product for cheap to get them back and Nintendo will never do that.
>>
>>334831961
So in other words, as long as you're willing for your game to look like shit it's not true. It's as asinine as saying a budget PC is capable of UHD gaming if you're willing o lower all the settings to Low.
>>
>>334832360
20 fps looks like shit too. But you are blinded with tech data from the marketing department.
>>
>>334827280

>60fps

not with that cpu

plus that's assuming the ps4 keeps the same shitty no shadow, low draw distance and aliased look of the current ps4 games

here's a hint sonycuck, they won't
>>
>>334827854
This. Vita is so fucking good but NO GAMES KEK, while the 3DS is an ancient artifactbut has some good games. If we only got a good nintendo handheld with up to date specs, life would be so swell.
>>
>pc is 3 times more powerful than ps4k

Where were you when nvidia/amd made the ps4k obsolete before it even released?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.