[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Gnasher is fucking retardedly over powered in the BETA. Jesus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
The Gnasher is fucking retardedly over powered in the BETA. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: OINK OINK.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
OINK OINK.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>334823883
>The Gnasher is fucking retardedly over powered
DUUURRR
>>
>>334823883
Gears has always been gnasher multiplayer
>>
if you can't wallbounce or use a gnasher then get the fuck outta gears
>>
>>334824145
>git gud!
fuck off
>>
>>334824548
>waaah I'm bad :^(
It's sound advice, adapt or die
>>
File: 1444020723766.jpg (31 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1444020723766.jpg
31 KB, 403x403
Why does the GoW4 beta look graphically worse than all GoW games on 360?
>>
can anyone vouch for ultimate edition multiplayer? thinking of transitioning to W10 just for that if its good.
>>
>>334824989
It's good, probably the second best in the series IMO, but I can't speak to the population on PC.
>>
>>334824989
my concern is the playerbase on pc

DX12 is windows 10 only fyi
>>
File: Laughing Cage.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Cage.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>334823883
>Civilization nearly wiped out
>Iori hairstyle with beanie survive
>>
File: 58C57835.jpg (67 KB, 1088x768) Image search: [Google]
58C57835.jpg
67 KB, 1088x768
>>334823883
>BETA
where
>>
Streaming it if anyone wants to watch,

twitch tv/zephorah
>>
>>334825121
>>334825075
i heard a lot about bad optimization for pc. early release footage looked bad for what is was worth.
im mostly in it for the nostalgia though.
>>
>>334825462

i may have to buy an xbox one for gears 4
>>
>>334825617
Don't
>>
>>334825682
Really compelling argument.
>>
>>334824989

What, is it finally out for the PC? I thought it was endlessly delayed.
>>
>>334825325

Those guys look like angry weaponised scrotums.
>>
So it's just like every Gears game.
>>
>>334825769
it got a very sneaky release. like release was announced for the same day via twitter.
not sure why they did it like that.
>>
>>334825682

im really into multiplayer shooters, there's really no game on pc as intimate as gears when it comes to beating the other team's brains in.
>>
>Player movement is akin to Judgment.
>DUDEHUGE maps instead of characters.
>Maps all promote Gnasher play despite being DUDEHUGE.
>Maps would feel more at home in a FPS than TPS.
>Hammerburst isn't burst and shoots blanks.
>Lancer is only good with active.
>Can Active Reload without firing now.
>COG side look like hipsters and nothing like they should.
>SWARM side look like walking dog shit.
>All the character from previous Gears games lost.
>Game looks the worst, graphically, by far.
>Join game, have to wait for bots, game ends, never play.
>Female character hitboxes are fucked again.
>No character weight in movement/covering/etc.

Welp, looks like another franchise has finally been killed. Press F.
>>
What a cancerous multiplayer game. Horde and campaign are great, but PVP is so one note. The shotgun may be fun for duels and shit, but it's definitely OP and make the game pretty boring.
>>
>>334826250
Just get good at rifleing. Nothing better than hosing a wall-bouncer down before they can get close.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (40 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40 KB, 900x900
>>334823883
Oh look, the shotgun ruins another fucking.good game.

Its fucking easy to fix the shotgun. Just make it have the range of the sawed off, I should NEVER FUCKING EVER lose a duel between a shotgun with my rifle unless he is barely out of melee range. I can't tell you how fucking angry I get that these Faggots can out damage a rifle at a range where the shotgun should do literally no damage. Also fix the fucking. Cover system, they should implement something that if these niggers smash A.or continuously whip their stick around they should just be banned for cheating. This game, which should be great, is now going to be shit because they won't fix the fucking shotgun.
>>
>>334826404
Are you the same crybaby in yesterdays thread?
>>
>>334826404
>Gears 1 Gnasher.
>Gears 3 Lancer.
>Gears 3 Hammerburst.
>Gears 2 Pistol.
>Gears 2 Boltok.
And perfect starting weapon balance.
>>
>>334824946
It's a beta

Dipshit
>>
>>334826404
Your tears are delicious
>>
i was done with gears after 1. i enjoy the long rounds of gears 1 and the good gameplay. now in everything after 1, the games last like 5 minutes and no one talks. no tension in between rounds people talking shit. maps suck compared to 1

gears 1 was fun
>>
>>334826368
>>334826404
>>334826250
fuken lmao, i play gears because it's fun as shit to fight gnasher v gnsasher specially with wall bouncing and shit. it sounds like the problem you have with the game is that it isn't generic enough to the point where you can just sit back and kill people from across the map with the rifles. if that's what you want that's fine there are plenty of other games out there that do this but don't try to fuck up the only game where i can fight people shotgun to shotgun while going sanic fast from wall to wall.
>>
>>334824989
MS couldn't get shit right for Quantum Break and Gears of War Ultimate, so I'd stay in 7 or 8.1 until the game's actually out and it's not shit with Gears 4 too.
>>
>>334826789
This is actually how retail will look. It has been confirmed.
>>
>>334826789
The game is 6 months from release. The graphics will not get better than this.
>>
I'm not surprised that it plays a lot like Gears Ultimate. Should have taken more notes from 3.
>>
>>334827168
The fuck you talking about? It plays nothing like UE
>>
>>334827268
It plays like UE.
>>
>>334826976
Why are wallbouncer fags always so retarded? I rarely see people post like thus anywhere else on /v/, but this reads like a YouTube comment.
>>
>>334827310
How?
>>
>>334823883
>The shotgun does damage in CQC
>>
>>334824946
They don't have the lighting finished yet and I expect texture fixes
>>
>>334826680
>>334826808
>>334826976
So balancing a game is bad? I've only played gears a couple times and only 2 memories really stand out. One was of a guy rushing me with the shotgun and I was landing every rifle round on him until he poped up and 1 shot me with his shotgun. The other was me randomly hipfiring the shotgun and watching a guy die to 1 shot to the leg.

I just don't see a situation were balancing a game is a bad idea.
>>
>>334827681

either way they're aiming for 60fps running at 1080p, undoubtedly there will have to be compromises on xbox hardware
>>
>>334827310
Lol no
>>
>>334827310
It doesn't have centre screen aiming which is a blessing. Fuck that bullcrap.
>>
>>334827426
Why do you even want to play Gears online if you're not interested in the shotgun game?

If you want online TPS that isn't that there's Uncharted.
>>
>gears multi has always been about the Gnasher
>fps babbys always bitch instead of just playing COD or something

Literally every gears release this happens
>>
>>334827978
because the "balance" you want would turn it into a generic third person shooter. rifles are at a decent place if you don't try to use them as your main weapon. using them to put some damage on someone out of gnasher range and then taking out your gnasher when they get close works just fine, so does using it to down someone while they pick up a power weapon or to help your team mate from range.
>>
>>334827978
You need to find a group of people that wants to play with Rifles only.
>>
>>334827978
also i forgot to say as for the shot to the leg, you were probably aiming at his leg but the shogun spread saved you and hit him in the groin, hell he could have been lit from a teammate of yours.
>>
>babbies crying about the gnasher

every fuckin' time

the gnasher dominates at close range, as a shotgun should, get over it

don't bitch because you got gibbed while flailing around your lancer like a toddler

the lancer is actually pretty powerful in this game as of yet and dominates medium to long range, that's when you use your rifle

close quarters? pull out your gnasher you fucking babies
>>
Is the lancer still the hard counter to the gnasher?

Lancer has always been able to fuck up gnasher users at anything beyond instagib range.
>>
>>334827426
Can someone explain to me what wall bouncing ?

is it a abuse or something, or is it more like buttterflying in gunz?

is it just a play style?

in previous gears i'd just camp stairs and turn corners only to shotgun people
>>
>>334827978
Did it ever occur to you to switch to your shotgun when he got close?
>>
>>334828635
>"balance"
>The use for rifles is to make someone weaker so that the shotgun can kill them faster

Okay, so I guess Gears really isn't a competitive game. This whole thread reminds me of Gunz 1 though.
>>
>>334828860
basically you snap into a piece of cover and right as you hit the wall you make your character slide to another piece of cover, think of it as a super strafe that you use to make your opponent fuck up his shots or if you're really good you can use it to close in on your enemy.
>>
>>334829241
that actually sounds familiar, was that a thing in previous editions?

that seem intended to me
>>
>>334829050
I would love to play some gunz. wish /v/ had a thing for that.

gunz 2 meh
>>
>>334828697

i remember on gears2 i had a full queue going where we'd only use lancers against the enemies, the reactions on all the teams that were trying to shotty us were gold.
>>
>>334828886
>mowing someone down with a rifle
>Literally land close to 10 rounds into his upper torso
>he pops up once and 1 taps me with a shotgun to the gut, killing me

He was at a fairly medium range, he just closed the distance tanking hits and them killed me with 1 hit from the shotgun. This was Gears 1 though, I just found it retarded that the rifle was at a disadvantage to the shotgun at medium range.
>>
>>334829050
way to ignore the part where i said using it on the guy while he's out of gnasher range then taking out your gnasher when he gets close. probably should have guessed that from your first post where you kept shooting the guy running up to you with the gnasher with your rifle. you'd probably feel more at home playing competitive gears to be honest, they rely more on rifles and power weapons than the shotguns.
>>
>>334829353
i'm no expert on it but i'm pretty sure it's been in since gears 1, i know it's been a thing since gears 2 for sure though.
>>
>>334829353
>that actually sounds familiar, was that a thing in previous editions?

I don't know if it was intended but happened as early as GoW1.
>>
>>334829431
Guns would be on par with arena shooters if they fixed the netcode and adjusted some variables to make the guns more balanced. Like shotguns losing damage over range and rifles having some form of recoil
>>
>>334829497
>This was Gears 1
Well there's you problem, the rifles were shit in Gears 1. They buffed them by adding stopping power and damage to prevent rushing
>>
>>334829668

It was basically all that Gears 1 was about
>>
>>334829431

Who's daring enough to make a /v/ gunz thread ?
>>
>>334829497

It encouraged using the gnasher, rifle play in tps is boredom incarnate
>>
>>334829987
not counting socom
>>
>>334823883
It's always been Gnasher of War.
>>
>>334824946
This. It's 6 months away or something so Im expecting it to be fixed but damn it looks and feels so unlike a gears game
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.