[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am about to play pic related for the first time. Any tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (264 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
file.png
264 KB, 362x450
I am about to play pic related for the first time.

Any tips and tricks you can give to me, /v/?
>>
Stick with the prod.
>>
listen to the conversations, there are no hints whatsoever like "Go here, do this" hell nah
>>
DON'T escape through the window
>>
>>334803667
I love reading so I will do that.
>>
>>334803589
Max out your swimming skill, your seriously need it later down the road.
>>
Max swimming and environmental training ASAP

Memers will try to tell you otherwise, don't listen to them.
>>
>>334803589
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx
>>
>>334803730
>>334803761

This. Swimming is very important
>>
The GEP gun is the most silent way to eliminate Manderley
>>
>>334803589
spent longer installing/modding graphics than i did playing it. its aged horribly

another one of those games i always feel i should give another chance

the combat music is so fucking repetitive, is there a mod for that?
>>
>>334803589
A silent takedown is always the most silent takedown.
>>
>>334803589
the first level is dogshit. you will hate this game for not knowing where to go or not hitting anything with your pistol.

please give it a chance until you enter UNATCO HQ for the first time
>>
Just remember this warning.
Old men.
>>
>>334803805
>the combat music is so fucking repetitive, is there a mod for that?
Yeah, doing a pacifist run.
>>
The GEP gun might be useful
>>
>>334803952
but the stealth is fucking retarded. i tried using the prod i cant remember what happened but it didn't go well
>>
>>334803805
>spent longer installing/modding graphics than i did playing it. its aged horribly
Nah, you are just a Y2K+ born Xbox 360 fagglet graphics whore who wouldn't recognise a fantastic game even if it hit him in his inbred retardo face.
>>
>>334803589
Watch out for the old men. They want to run the world.
>>
Why are you locked in the bathroom?
>>
>>334803589
You can undo the starting rank in pistols for extra exp, and you will get it anyway.

Max computers early to be able to hack ATMs for money.

You can pause the game while lockpicking or unlocking keypads to only use one tool regardless of level.

Don't leave your brother behind regardless of what he says.

Pick up the GEP gun early. Makes the game a lot easier.
>>
>>334803589
Take the GEP gun.
When you prod someone, aim for the ass, not the back else you won't 1 shot them.

Stealth during training is the hardest stealth part of the game.
>>
Maybe you should get a job
>>
Don't trust the bitch, you can save him
>>
Deus Ex or System Shock 2?
>>
Has anyone here played Revision? What are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>334804214
I have to purge my system of drugs first, m8.
>>
The sword is OP
>>
-The pistol is the best weapon imo. Just headshot everyone.
-At least put one point into computer (the one that lets you hack atms, computers, etc). That way if you don't find the login/password of an important pc, you can still hack it and proceed.
-Don't exit through the window (you'll get it).
-Talk to everyone, explore the whole map.
-Use quicksave a lot!
-Flatlander woman, laputan machine
>>
Be sure to check the floorboards in Alex Jacobson's office
>>
>>334804368
I always save it for Walton and mutants
>>
Swimming
>>
>>334804015
>using the prod
>stealth
You're meant to not be seen. Attacking people is just asking for trouble.
>>
>>334804397
> -The pistol is the best weapon imo. Just headshot everyone
same for HR, just revolver headshot everyone from cover

>>334804032
are you claiming it has aged well?

>>334803778
>>334804272
any opinions on these. they look interesting

>>334804230
SS2 remake soon. could be good
>>
Is there mod for visuals/bus I should install?

I have the GOTY version in my steam library
>>
Prod with the prod.
>>
>>334804720
New Vision.
>>
>>334803798

Go in, and go in, and GO IN like the US Marshal, and his three daughters.
>>
The police baton is the most useful weapon for a pacifist playthrough, just make sure you upgrade your melee and get the strength aug so that you can keep up with increasingly tough enemies. Keep the prod as a backup. Oh and you can knock out commandos but there's a sweet spot on the back that you need to hit.
>>
>>334804678
GMDX is good.
Revision is overhyped glitchy, uneven crap.
>>
>>334804114
>You can pause the game while lockpicking or unlocking keypads to only use one tool regardless of level.

Holy shit.
>>
>>334803890
I will, do not beg anon. It is embarrassing.
>>
>>334804678
>>334804272
It's nice to throw you for a loop once in awhile, it adds a bit more challenge in a few spots. Maybe I just suck shit at it, but you can't sneak up and disarm grenades any more. The music remixes seem too soft if you know what I mean, it doesn't mesh well with the setting. The Hubs have a bit more to explore now, which is nice. I'd say it's worth playing at least once.
>>
Why are explosions in Deus ex so god damn satisfying?

A LAM just makes me feel real good inside.
>>
>>334803890
>first level
>dogshit

I love this meme. The progression of the level design is one of the game's strongest points. The first level is big and empty for a reason.

>not knowing where to go
how about the big fucking statue
>>
>>334804272

The lighting effects are fucked up (Statue of Liberty level is like playing Doom 3 now) but the upgraded textures and weather effects are neat. The redesigned levels are also a lot of fun, they feel fresh and a lack of proper walkthroughs and lists of keycodes for them forces the player to explore.

I would highly recommend it, especially if you've beaten the vanilla game to death.
>>
>>334805080
Because they're actually dangerous, loud and bright. I thought looking at an explosion messed up my brightness setting then I realized that not being able to see shit after that for a while might be intentional
>>
>>334803589
Stick with the prod.

Prod with the prod.

Just in case, though, we're police.

Really, the prod is great. Sneak up to people by crouching and prod their spines.

Get the abilities that make you run faster and jump higher. They're better

Non lethal is fun in this game.
>>
>>334804678
>are you claiming it has aged well?
I played it for the first time last year and thought it looked pretty good for its time.
>>
>>334803890
> not hitting anything with your pistol
happens in every fps rpg. stalker is absolutely criminal for this shit
>>
>>334804272
Turn off the new soundtrack and your golden. And don't enable HD character models either.

The variations on the level design are neat if you have played through the game before. The game is more visually interesting overall, there is more 'clutter' but it doesn't really hinder the gameplay.

The only glitch i have run into is I found I could use the leg augmentation to jump out of the NFS building map in Hells Kitchen. the bottom of the skybox is fucking terrifying
>>
>>334804720
New Vision and HDTP
>>
Seriously, go for the GEP gun. Exploration is very well rewarded. Environmental training is the most useless skill, even swimming has its uses. Pistols become useless later on. You can save on hacking / lockpicking tools and skill by beginning to pick any lock, press ESC, wait some time and return. You can pick locks of any strenght with just one pick that way.
>>
>>334803589
IF PROD DOES NOT KO ON FIRST HIT

USE BATON TO SAVE AMMO (its non lethal)
>>
GEP wastes too much inventory space
>>
>>334805535
Well, it's a big gun.
>>
>>334805535
it's useful enough for the space it takes, both as a weapon and a "lockpick"
>>
>>334803589

Don't even get training in swimming or environmental training. Get master in rifles ASAP. DO NOT go out through the window, go into the closet. Don't skip ANY dialogue. Kill the mechanic. And have fun.
>>
Hello, OP here. Is ammo really that scarce in this game?
>>
>>334805535

if you're an idiot that doesnt like blowing shit up yeah
>>
>>334806074
depends what you're using. you will drown in pistol ammo, tranq darts are more rare
>>
>>334806074

No, unless you're a retard. I don't think I ever ran out of ammo. Use melee whenever you can, and once you're about done with Hong Kong, you won't be needing many other weapons anyways.
>>
>>334803589
you may not like it much at first, but by the time you get to hong kong it will be your favourite game
>>
How hard is it for a DXHR babby?
>>
>>334806385
lets just say you can't press x to takedown
>>
>>334806074
I pretty much never used ammo. Melee'd everything. Police baton, motherfucker.
>>
>>334804678
GMDX is very good and I would even recommend it for first timers.

It improves on a lot of the faults it has such as swimming which it completely removes and changes it to Athletics which is part of the new stamina system.

Check out the video series they have behind it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKHPtfammNY
>>
>>334806385
no takedowns
very awkward combat

but not impossible if you are strong enough to get past the first level which really isn't that hard unless you are super ultra baby casual
>>
>>334806074

Nearly every soldier carries assault rifle ammo, you will never run out of that shit.
>>
>>334806947
Too bad the assault rifle sucks, it's not a good sniping weapon nor does it have the sheer damage output. The grenade rounds are incredible and its only saving grace, eventually I just used the pistol as a general purpose tool and the AR in my inventory was solely for laying down some explodey goodness
>>
>>334805625
For you.
>>
File: rtnjnsr.jpg (116 KB, 1024x784) Image search: [Google]
rtnjnsr.jpg
116 KB, 1024x784
>>334804114
>You can pause the game while lockpicking or unlocking keypads to only use one tool regardless of level.
OP WHEN THEY SAY THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO LEARN ABOUT THIS GAME IT'S NO JOKE I JUST GOT MY MIND BLOWN THE FUCK UP AFTER HAVING THIS GAME FOR 14 YEARS

GAME OF ALL YEARS RIGHT HERE
>>
>>334809502
W-Why would you post that picture.
>>
>>334809502
i know right. i never actually knew you could save jock until recently
>>
>>334809724
>i never actually knew you could save jock until recently
You can?
fuuck
>>
>>334809571
why wouldn't you
>>
File: 1457556071883.jpg (21 KB, 312x345) Image search: [Google]
1457556071883.jpg
21 KB, 312x345
>>334803730
>>334803761
>>
>>334809724
>knew about the bomb from the bomb meme
>get to that part, couldn't figure out how to tell Jock about the shady mechanic
>thought the opportunity to tell him must've been further ahead
>at area 51 he fucking explodes
NOT TODAY.jpg
>reload a save from 3 missions prior
>find out you had to talk to everett again
>do everything I just did but with Jock alive
Worth it.
What I really didn't know was that you could save Paul.
>>
>>334803589
Lower your expectations
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.