[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows Store UWP and their packaged game "APPs" will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1461028507038.jpg (46 KB, 373x346) Image search: [Google]
1461028507038.jpg
46 KB, 373x346
Windows Store UWP and their packaged game "APPs" will mark the beginning of the end of Steam tyranny.
>>
DRM-Free / Piracy is the true master race
>>
>>334801534

More like the end of freedom on desktops.
>>
I don't give a fuck if its from steam, GOG or a physical version. The only thing that matters is I'm playing the Descent series and I got it for cheap.

'The fuck do you mean tyranny of Steam? I take it you're not a fan?
>>
Yes, because it worked so well in windows 8
>>
>>334804361
But it's Windows 10 now, all is well.
Look, they even manage the Quantum Break exclusive.
>>
>>334804529
Who the fucks cares about Quantum Break?
>>
>>334804576
the butt hurt is strong with this one
>>
>>334804529
>imply wing windows 10 isn't shit

And I thought I hated windows 8.
>>
>>334804529
>But it's Windows

Guys I think I found the issue
>>
I want to fuck Erin.
>>
>>334804529
And? No one gives a shit about QB, Pajeet. Much less about that abortion called W10.

Windows Store is just a brand new fancy Desura trying to replace Steam and it will fail not because of the devs (Microsoft can easily bribe anyone) but rather the pop. of PC users that use Steam + availability of games and content.
>>
This will be as good as WFWL!
>>
>>334801534
and begin Microsoft's tyranny.
Again.
>>
>>334804972
>Much less about that abortion called W10.
I have some bad news for you senpai :^)
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
>>
>>334806248
>Forcing retards and plebeians to "upgrade" means they care about W10
>>
>>334806365
>b-but they f-forced it!!
lel. Keep crying like a little bitch. The fact is that most people are happy with W10 and nobody outside of this place gives a shit about deprecated relics like W7 or inferior shit like free shitware ''alternatives''.
But keep spreading more FUD. It may even convince a few retards to join you.
>>
>>334806532
POO IN THE LOO
O N H O
O E O
>>
File: 1409506994208.png (348 KB, 656x720) Image search: [Google]
1409506994208.png
348 KB, 656x720
>>334806532
>Deprecated
Extended support goes up to 2020, goyim.

>or inferior shit like free shitware ''alternatives'
Sure that's why no one is using Win Server bullshit and your jewmaster is desperatedly forcing "loonis" stuff like bash on that clusterfuck of a OS called W10 so maybe *some* people see the wonders of W10 and they grab some server market for their already lackluster market.

But go on Pajeet, keep getting mad at anons telling the truth on internet, maybe they one day will understand your ways and buy your products.
>>
>>334801534

no I hate to say it but even Steam is better than this

at least steam doesn't force v-sync to be on in all your games
>>
>>334801534
How's that games for windows live working out?
>>
>>334806895
Tell me more.
>Extended support goes up to 2020, goyim.
Yes, and? You are still using a deprecated piece of crap that doesn't even have proper UEFI support and other modern stuff.
>muh servers
kek. Moving goalposts like a proper loonix fag. Nobody gives a shit about servers here, we are talking about PC's and loonix will never be popular there.
>your jewmaster is desperatedly forcing "loonis" stuff like bash
And freefucks have been mad ever since. I mean sure, I would be too if my sorry excuse of an OS started losing ever the few things that kept people to it.
>>
The only reason OP's opinion exists would be because he works for Microsoft or a troll. This is 4chan so I say troll.
>>
>>334807252
>deprecated
it just works
even better than 10
>>
>>334807252
>and loonix will never be popular there.
Are you assuming that DX12 is unique?
Unless Microsoft throws money at me, if I were a game developer I would prefer to use Vulkan so I can also see my products reach the pocket of Macfags and Loonixfags + those "deprecated OS" users you love to talk about so much, while with DX12 I'm locking my market to a mere 34% userbase share of the whooping 80%-85% of total users in steam that use any Windows OS. And unlike OpenGL Vulkan isn't a cluttered mess so don't go around saying that it is unviable.
>>
>>334806248
>Windows 10 64 bit 36.97% +2.96%
>Windows 7 64 bit 32.99% -1.22%
Holy fuck, there's only a ~4% difference between a 7 year old OS and new one?
>>
>>334807639
>it just works
>No UEFI support
>No native .flac and .iso support
>No DX12 or even DX11.2
>Skylake CPU's and newer won't receive updates on W7 anymore
>More hardware demanding than W10
>Shittier start menu that can barely be customized
>Shittier interface in general due to lack of Ribbon and even the fucking up button
>No native virtual desktop support
>Far shittier task manager
>No action center
>No shortcuts when you right click the start button
>No native USB 3.0 support
>No hybrid boot
>Far less keyboard shortcuts
>No hyper-V

>>334808374
If you wanna use Vulkan then more power to you. I hope both DX12 and Vulkan will succeed so that we can more forward and use modern API's. I just hate faggots who stick with legacy shit in general and drag everyone down.
Just like the fiasco that was the XP era.

W7 is horribly deprecated though, no matter how much you scream and whine, nothing will change that.
A 7 year OS is a relic in the software world and it's only with Windows that this kind of shit happens.
Nobody stays with 7 year old Linux distros, nobody uses such an ancient Android or iOS version and the vast majority of people just don't use 7 year old software in general.
Aside from some vocal retards anyway.
>>
>>334808817
>No native .flac and .iso support
there are always FREE alternatives
>No DX12 or even DX11.2
>implying you need dx12
maybe if you have a shit pc
shitty metro garbage
its the same shit with a different skin
>Shittier interface in general due to lack of Ribbon and even the fucking up button
fuck ribbon and fuck that shitty material garbage design
they can't even be bothered to put tab bars on their fucking explorer
>no action center
>needing that abomination
>>
>>334808678
>>334808817
>and the vast majority of people just don't use 7 year old software in general.

>Windows 10 64 bit 36.97% +2.96%
>Windows 7 64 bit 32.99% -1.22%
>>
>>334809365
Oh and since I forgot:
>Shittier TRIM/optimization support for SSD's
>Shittier hardware support in general
I had a printer from 2002 that simply refused to work in W7 due to no drivers and yet it worked just by plugging it in on W8 and W10 cause they actually have far better driver support than W7.
Ironic isn't it?
But do tell how I am oh so wrong about these too and how they don't matter.
>>
>>334808817
>No UEFI support
>No hybrid boot
K. Hybrid is gimmicky shit few people will use.

>No native .flac
Normies don't care about .flac and there's tons of better codecs and libraries and shit out there for free.

>and .iso support
I give you that, but reply from above still applies.

>No DX12 or even DX11.2
Something something Khronos Group something. Vulkan is basically their DX12 with multiplatform support.

>Skylake CPU's and newer won't receive updates on W7 anymore
K. It's Intel, after all.

Are you using a toaster? Why the fuck anyone install W10 if they're going to run all its "amazing stuff" in a goddamn toaster.

Muh UX meme. Bet you also love how phones gain some extra inches on their size every single fucking year. W7 menu is fine.

>No native virtual desktop support
K.

Same shit with a new coat of paint.

>No action center
>Using that shit

>No shortcuts when you right click the start button
You can easily bind shortcuts to W7 menu, whatever.

>No native USB 3.0 support
Ok, I actually had issues with this.

>Far less keyboard shortcuts
And why is this bad? Most people don't use them at all and the few that do don't want them to mess with other software they use.

>No hyper-V
Sandboxie works fine. Few people use it.

Also see >>334809472
>>
>>334809610
>I was too much of a dipshit to google a printer driver

fuck off kid
>>
>>334810452
>Drivers simply didn't exist in any way or form
>Just Google it kid
As you say old man :^)
>>
>>334804576

Provided it's selling like shit everywhere? No one.
>>
windows 10 is amazing
anyone not on 10 should upgrade to it
>>
Does 10 have any performance benefits over 7?
>>
>>334811618
DX12 is an amazing improvement, truly the future
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.