[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was the hype behind this all about? The second I saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (569 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
569 KB, 1920x1080
So what was the hype behind this all about? The second I saw the trailers I knew it would be generic third person trash with borderlands style loot.
>>
Did you already forget how popular borderlands is because you spend your time with jaded fucks
>>
>>334801085
But the insane hype that surrounded this made it to be like the fucking second coming of christ, something that I just didn't see in the game
>>
>>334800984
graphics on bullshot looked impressive and caught many attentions.
for me personally it was the setting of a city after some happened and society collapsed. looked cool and unique
>>
>>334801259
Good ad campaigns do that, see destiny
>>
>>334801402
Did you expect anything else gameplay wise? Or just the setting of the game?
>>
>>334801503
Not him but it still achieved what I expected. You can co-op mission with four friends in a /really/ detailed city with shitloads of interiors without any loading screens whatsoever. The surprising amount of TECHNOLOGY is a bonus.
>>
>>334801639
Ah okay, I'm now starting to get a good picture to why this game was hyped to the heavens and beyond.
>>
>>334801503
i expected it to be a survival game. something like day-z or something. die and loose your shit. sneaking around the city, searching for supplies, avoiding trouble, never trusting other players etc.

i don't know why i thought that, maybe day-z was popular back then
>>
Normalfags will buy anything that's marketed to their face
>>
>>334801947
it's a good game though. played it for like 20 hours and glad i bought it. will play some more.
>>
>>334802286
>ubishit
>good game
Nice try
>>
>>334802286
What's good about it? What discerns it from other games in the same genre?
>>
>>334800984
I went and preowned of this game for the hazmat (yeah I know) but for some reason it refuse to redeem my code.

Has this happened to you guys ?

(
>>
>>334802836
That one had to be put in the beta key redemption site.
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/beta/index.aspx
>>
>watch gameplay footage
>shoot a guy, watch numbers appear over his head
>takes 20 shots to drop someone unless you get Sweet New Gear
never lost interest faster
>>
>>334803035
it never claimed to be realistic. gets better on higher levels with better equipment, you can actually kill a guy with 1 headshot

i really like combat actually
>>
>>334803325
>Tom Clancy game
>Doesn't even pretend to be realistic
>>
>>334803325
It's a Tom Clancy game anon. As someone who grew up on Rainbow Six games, seeing combat turn into a numbers fest is extremely disappointing
>>
>>334800984
Its already dying, lost over 30% of its playerbase in the last month
>>
>>334803779
Tom Clancy must be rolling in his grave
>>
>>334803325
>it never claimed to be realistic
>realistic setting
>Tom Clancy
Yeah it did, and the fact people have been complaining about how shitty the disconnection between the realistic setting and the cartoon shitty combat is from day 1 proves it.
>>
>>334803779
i too would prefer it being more realistic, but i enjoy it for what it is. it's a design choice on which entire cooperation, character skill set and equipment is built.
and it's quite fun as it is
>>
>>334803965
I'm not sure why you're so autistic that an action RPG with loot mechanics is distressing to you, but okay.
>>
>>334803965
It's painstakingly unfortunate that they just slap on Tom Clancy's name just to sell units. Fuck ubisoft.
>>
>>334804258
>anon makes valid point
>WELL STOP BEING AUTISTIC
You're retarded
>>
>>334804290
Worse part is it worked, so now we can expect to see them slap it all over any shitty game they can imagine, which happens to be everything they shit out these days.
>>
>>334804045
What on that big pile of money he got for the license?

If he really did cared he wouldn't of sold his name inperpetual to them to begin with.

That said he was alive during the development stage so I wonder what he would of said about it.

>>334802957
I'll check that out thanks.
>>
>>334803989
source?
>>
>>334803965
>It's a Tom Clancy game anon.
so what? Tom Clancy had nothing to do with any of those games, it's just a brand. for marketing purposes. it's not sacred, it means nothing except to market to crowd that knows who tom clancy was.
>>
>realistic setting means the game itself has to be realistic

holy hell all these autists in this thread
>>
>>334804308
Its a dumb point though.

>>334804382
The game didn't sell solely because it says "Tom Clancy" on it.
>>
>>334801639
>no loading screens

Apart from the start up, joining friends, joining matchmaking missions

Need I go on?
>>
>>334805521

>being this retarded
>>
>>334805521
>start up game
>has a loading screen since it's not made out of fucking magic
>join friend, short loading screen
>never get another
>even migrating from server to server doesn't require a loading screen
Don't be retarded anon.
>>
>>334800984

PvP. That's basically all you need half the time.
>>
File: 1461027287038.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461027287038.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
There was no hype. There was only teenagers that felt superior over this group of nonexistent people that supposedly were hyped for it
>>
>>334805369
>b-but it makes Tom Clancy sad

Tom Clancy sold his name for tons of money, they own it, they can do whatever they do with it.
WHO CARES. It's just a font on the box cover. Magical ghost of Tom Clancy won't come to fill tthe game with his briliance because there is his name on it
>>
>>334805787

ok, i guess?
>>
I got it for free and it's pretty bad. The gameplay is so fucking slow and enemies are very bulletspongy. It takes several headshots to down a basic grunt. Supposedly endgame is pretty lacking as well, just grinding the same shit over and over again.
It's a shame because I like the setting and concept of the game. The execution is just meh.
>>
>>334805760
sadly there is almost no pvp in the division.
>>
>>334800984
>the second I saw the trailer I knew I wasn't going to like it and I don't like it!
wow interesting threads this morning
>>
>>334805369
It's mainly because the Tom Clancy license *was* known for its realism, emphasis on the past tense.

Personally I'm glad to see a MMORPG shooter taken on more realistic tone and setting even if it means the setting is wholly divorced the mechanics. It's not like anyone really cared how they justified repawning in destiny, let alone in CoD all GTA.
>>
>>334800984
>Months before the division
>all of /v/ shitting on it, calling it bad, boring, etc
>comes out
>1 thread a week, trying to shit on it again
>everyone is too busy playing it and having fun

same thing happens with every game you guys think is garbage

>weeks before dark souls 3 comes out
>everyone claiming it'll be trash
>comes out
>a jillion threads about it trying to get a consensus on whether /v/ should like it or hate it
>in a few weeks it'll be one or 2 threads of people saying "what went wrong" and "I told you so" threads

Props for the dedication to the bit
>>
>>334801919
Would have been better this way with actual classes and all of new York like the dark zone
>>
>>334806264
What sort of classes would you have?
>>
>>334801259
>>334801417
This. Artificial hype can be generated given enough $$$.
>>
Marketing.
>>
>>334801417
But Destiny is a good game.
>>
>>334800984

Marketing anon.

Almost everyones forgotten about it now because it's a really fucking boring game with almost nothing to do but the same few missions and a ton of copy pasted content/collectathons (just like every Ubisoft game).
>>
I don't get it either. A couple hours with the beta was enough to make me to be cautious. Good thing I didn't waste my money on this.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.