[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you recommend buying an Xbox One? I really enjoy Halo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: xboxone3565784615.jpg (39 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
xboxone3565784615.jpg
39 KB, 770x433
Would you recommend buying an Xbox One? I really enjoy Halo
>>
>>334793219
>Would you recommend buying an Xbox One
No
>i really enjoy Halo
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>334793219
Nah. If you must play halo, see if a friend has a system and just play it at his house or borrow it or something. Don't buy this piece of shit.
>>
>>334793219
No. Halo 5 sucks all kinds of dick.
Only reason to buy it is the Master Chief Collection, and even that is dying out.
>>
File: 1454023497168.jpg (8 KB, 206x250) Image search: [Google]
1454023497168.jpg
8 KB, 206x250
Post yfw you didn't fall for the Xbox One meme
>>
>>334793406
Elaborate
>>
>>334793219
Yeah if you want to.

I also reccomend Ori and the Blind forest, (it's also on steam if that's your jam) sunset overdrive is free with gold right now, that's one of their only exclusives, it's pretty fun.
>>
There is more than enough exclusives to make the Xbone worth it, providing you like the exclusives. Us Xbros are the underdogs of this gen, while the PCucks and Sonyggers are fighting, we just be quiet and enjoy our games.
>>
Depends on the price, and what you want out of the system. /v/ doesn't like Halo 5 but plenty of people do (multiplayer, as SP is thought to be mediocre/bad across the board), but even then you've got the MCC, and Halo Wars back compat. The Games with Gold selection is getting better, and now even the 2 360 games that they give you every month are playable on the Xbone. Apart from gaming, the things I use it for the most is Plex, Casting, Netflix, Youtube, and the NFL App is GOAT if you like football.
Gears 4 open beta is coming in a few days, and the Gears remaster is great. Rare Replay is value for money as you can get it pretty cheap. EA Access is also good. It's not expensive, and they add older titles that you play for free, let you play a game for a limited amount of hours almost a week before it's out to the general public, and any EA game that becomes back compat will be added to the vault.

Do research on your own, and don't take any persons opinion on here, even mine, with too much weight.
>>
Yeah, why not. 4 "free" games per month when you pay your monthly online privilege tip. It's got halo, I like halo. And it's got all the multiplats if you're a peasant like me with no decent PC.

If you do already have a PC the incentive for owning an xbone is greatly diminished
>>
File: xbots roll out.png (1 MB, 756x3535) Image search: [Google]
xbots roll out.png
1 MB, 756x3535
>>334793219
>>
File: xbox.jpg (124 KB, 882x900) Image search: [Google]
xbox.jpg
124 KB, 882x900
>>
>>334794238
Casual scum doesn't represent the opinion of regular xbone users

I couldn't give less of a shit if PC users can share games with xbone, more people get to enjoy the game, and on a superior platform if they wish. How's that bad?
>>
I've got one and I'm enjoying it but I don't think I would ever recommend it to anyone. Most games drop frames like the fist of north star and even though I'm not obsessed with fps it still annoys me the fuck out.

It does everything you want a next-gen console to do though, and newer games do come out for it too. The only reason I've got one is because I got it in a trade, and the reason I'm enjoying it is because I don't live in the US and MS made sure to set the right price for games here, while Sony overprices everything.

>>334794582
Welcome to /v/ - console wars, my friend
>>
If yo do get an Xbone don't buy live from a major retailer, or from Microsoft over the One. CDKeys had them for around $32 for a while, and they went up to about $40-something, but still better than the $50-60 you'll get somewhere else.
Another thing to consider is if you have a good friend or family member you can game share. You log in to their system and set it as your home system, and they do the same for you. Any game you buy digitally will also appear on his ready to install page, and vice-versa. Also gold is shared but i'm not exactly sure how that works. My Gold ran out in November and since my cousins Gold is still active, I could still play online despite my menu telling me that my Gold expired. The downside, to this is when Internet connection goes down. Then the games you bought on your system (set as their home) aren't available to you, and same for the other person.

When I bought my Bone, Best Buy had some crazy deal where if you traded in a PS3 slim they gave you a very good discount. Ended up paying less than $200 after taxes for my system.
>>
File: 1460325584427.jpg (88 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460325584427.jpg
88 KB, 500x500
>>334794673
The thing is, ps4 games drop framerate just as much. That's a consistent thing on all consoles.

The main difference between the 2 consoles here is that the occasional multi-platform game will run at a lower resolution on xbone , like 900p instead of 1080. Also xbone has less weaboo garbage, if you're into those.
>>
>>334793671
This, though I'm actually an idort. Halo MCC, halo5, rare replay, and sunset overdrive are all great pick ups. Looking forward to gears 4, and really scalebound.
>>
>>334794297
This is amazing.
>>
>>334794973
Fair warning for sunset overdrive: it's fun, but is clearly made to appeal to tweens with wacky random humor

The gameplay is like infamous 2 had a baby with ratchet and clank, not bad.
>>
>>334794973
I'm still buying scalebound, but I wish they would show the option to not have the headphones/character redesign. Crackdown 3 is my most anticipated game coming this year because of the outrageous shit they are promising. Gears is a lock. Only thing I wish I had from Playstation is MLB the show. At this point I'd take 2k baseball in a heartbeat.
>>
>>334793575
>free

epic keks xxDDD
>>
>>334793219
I only have a Wii U and a good gaymin PC. I'd rather buy a PS4 to be honest, and this is a guy whose friends all have Xbones and whose played predominantly Xbox consoles since 2002. PS4 has Persona 5 and the Last Guardian coming, and Bloodborne already out, while the Xbone has the worst Halo game. Both suck, but the Xbone sucks a little bit more.
>>
>>334795613
Failing to mention that he said "free with gold", which implies that if you have gold then the game comes as a free bonus.
In general Xbone threads are the most chill, until Sony fanboys decide to shitpost since they have no games to play on their system to take up their free time.
>>
If you really enjoy Halo you should get an Xbox 360.
>>
>>334793219
>All this sudden Xbone shilling

I see through your ruse, Raheem.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.