[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the spookiest game you've ever played? This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 250px-FEARxp_boxart.jpg (43 KB, 250x356) Image search: [Google]
250px-FEARxp_boxart.jpg
43 KB, 250x356
What's the spookiest game you've ever played?

This expansion was goddamn terrifying.
>>
>>334785425

It was spookier than the main game, but I felt both expansions suffered from to many non human enemies.

In the original fear, almost every spook was not an actual harm aside from the invisible jumping around guys, so the game remained fun to play since all actual enemies had great AI. In Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate, you had some monster enemies but they didn't have the same AI as the humans so it wasn't as fun to fight them. There was a noticeable difference.

They were still decent expansion packs though.

Also I would not say FEAR is even near the most spooky game I've ever played, it's not even a proper horror game. Probably Fatal Frame 1 maybe is the most spooky I've played. The only non horror game that is truly scary would be the labs in Stalker.
>>
File: 402020_2015-10-28_00001.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
402020_2015-10-28_00001.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
The Park.
>>
>>334786272
The labs in Stalker are freaky.

Also I agree on the expansions, too many non-human enemy AI
>>
>>334785425
Eternal Darkness fucked me up harder than any other game, I played every silent hill on yo homecoming but nothing made me as psychologically afraid as fucking eternal darkness with its scary enemy designs and insanity meter shenanigans
>oh it's just a skeleton, seen this a hundred times
>it explodes into a giant fucking meat monster while the games filtering into spooky waveyness so you can barely make out what's even going on and the controls are now reversed and there's voices whispering spooky shit with women occasionally screaming.

>just the same hallway I've been down a hundred times
>the head sculpture is tracking the character, there's blood on the walls and BOOM your head exploded GAME OVER SYKE JUST KIDDING GOT YA SENPAI, KEEP ON GOIN!
>>
Fatal Frame, Evil Within
>>
>>334787615

I really don't get the fascination with that game. Maybe because people told me about the sanity effects before I played them. People really should have kept that part a secret.

The only part of the game that scared me was that one jump scares in the bathroom. I just thought it was pretty meh.
>>
>>334787764
I think timing has a lot to do with it. the resident evil remake had just come out when I got it and I had played the original so I thought I knew what to expect and truly had no clue what I was getting into. To me ED had that perfect blend between resi and silent hill. Silent hill was always a little too slow and creeping while resi was always more packed and threatening but not really scary, so for it to have both as well as a neat bloodlines type story really did it for me. I went back and played it and il admit it hasn't aged the best, but nostalgia I'd definitely strong
>cool blog
>>
probably remake. the mansion atmosphere really puts you there. the creepy rooms and audio/visuals.
then there are the jumpscares, crimson heads, lisa trevor
>>
outlast

yeah, im a pussy.
>>
>>334788350
I literally ran through that game like an arcade.

Also, all of the weird indie horrors that are out now that use the Slenderman engine are pretty terrifying, I watch let's plays of them but could probably never bring myself to actually play them.
>>
Amnesia. I haven't played a lot of horror games though. I have a lot of them in my backlog.
>>
>>334785425
Alien Isolation
>>
Let's see.

Dark Corners of the Earth
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil 1, the original
Alien Resurrection
>>
File: 1413432327520.jpg (41 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1413432327520.jpg
41 KB, 600x480
>>334785425

I actually had to take a break during Extraction Point from the intensity
>>
File: systemshock2boxart.jpg (74 KB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
systemshock2boxart.jpg
74 KB, 334x400
>>334785425
>System Shock 2
Played it in 2004, had only heard about it, went in blind as a bat, consider myself lucky, still.
Fucking hell, couldn't stop playing it, helped it was on a brand spanking X800 GPU that forced 32 bit colour, it looked and sounded amazing, real sense of dread, Hydroponics, man.
Then went on to Thief: The Dark Project, also spookage.
Then played Doom 3. The developers had obviously been playing System Shock and not Doom.
>>
Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl. Pretty much sprinted through the last level.

F.E.A.R, that was messed up.

Doom 3 - I never got past the Chainsaw guys in the labs :(

Amnesia: A dark descent. - I never got past the tutorial. :(

Bioshock. - 2 spook 4 me.
>>
>>334786816
We said game, not movie.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.