[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else get nauseous from how Fallout 4 looks? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: fallout-4-sanctuary-1.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-sanctuary-1.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone else get nauseous from how Fallout 4 looks? I don't even know why.
>>
>playing FO4

I'm still on Oblivion.
>>
Two AA options

One is FXAA, which is absolutely garbage implementation which has the worst fucking stuttering on foliage.
The other is TAA/TXAA aka we blur the SHIT out of everything so it looks smooth. Its defaulted on TAA, which is why it looks blurry as fuck.
>>
Yep. I get it occasionally with certain games. The Far Cry series is another one. It's motion sickness. Sometimes changing the FOV helps, as does sitting farther away from your monitor.
>>
>>334783869
It's fun as a dumb game.
>>
>>334783872
Makes you wonder why they changed Skyrim's AA, which wasn't blurry and did decently well.
>>
>>334783771
i wish i had the time and patience to make something like that...

looks really cool, except for that one big structure, it looks completely out of place
>>
>>334783963
FOV would probably help, thanks!
>>
>>334784043
I wish FO4's weapon mods were properly done/updated. Most of them aren't in the loot table, the NPCs don't use them, or have to be dropped by the console.
>>
Color palette is literally vomit but it's not their fault really, what other colors are you gonna find in a wasteland.
>>
>>334783771
RIP, "nauseated."
You were a good word while you lasted.
>>
>>334784604
Plenty of vegetation mods now and Reshades to color correct.
>>
Did they fix the horrendous FPS drop in areas with buildings yet?
>>
File: 2015-11-29_00005.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-29_00005.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1080
I actually love how the game looks
>>
>>334784501
I just wish FO4 cut back on the "modding" features of weapons, by like 50%.

Why? Because they did exactly what I knew they'd do. It happens for every fucking video game before it's even released.
>Mod your weapons! Over a gorillion weapon combinations!
Translates to:
>Less than one-third the number of weapons as the last game! A couple different mods for each part of most weapons, but each mod is completely better than the last, meaning that every weapon has a "best" configuration and you're either stupid or handicapping yourself for not choosing the best mods for each weapon!

So great, now I have the .44 Revolver with Bull Barrel, Advanced Receiver, Comfort Grip, and Reflex Sight / Recon Scope. I literally never need to pick up another revolver again, for any reason. Not even to repair mine, since that feature is out. So much for those 8 other mods for the .44, when the only reason to use them is if you either can't make or haven't found the better mods yet.

Because of the direct stat increase on every mod, it completely fucks the claim of the gorillion gun combos, because now in addition to cutting the number of guns down to 1/3, each gun still only has one real combination of mods worth using.

It's the same shit in Saints Row 3.

If you're making a game that focuses on "weapon customization", don't treat weapon mods as level-up increments. Make each part have a unique function/feature, which would finally give the players not just a reason to collect all the parts, but a reason to actually use each one.
>>
>>334785791
I meant for things on Nexus, but you are also correct. Its why FO4 has such a low amount of base weapons, and they are just so boring to use.
>>
>>334785791
>don't treat weapon mods as level-up increments
>Make each part have a unique function/feature

On this note, make it so that weapon mods in general aren't a complete upgrade. I actually like using natural-looking weapons that aren't bristling with scopes, lights, sights, handles, rails, suppressors, extended mags, spare mags, camo print, synthetic parts, and pistol grips, without feeling like I'm using some gimped starter weapon.

Make it so the "vanilla" wood handle has different stats from the rubber/synth handle, but no better/worse. Maybe the wood handle has +1 accuracy and -1 recoil control, while the synth handle has -1 accuracy and +1 recoil control, or something.

I'm sick of all my guns looking like some CoD kiddie's wet dream just to kill something in less than 9 headshots.
>>
>>334787062
some of em arent complete upgrades
theres actually a reason to stick short barrels on things instead of long ones that increase range and make em suck when not aimed down sights
you get more shots in vats
of course you never have to use vats now since the gunplay is passable so it is a straight upgrade to stick long barrels on everything
>>
>>334783771
For me it's more of the movement and melee combat, that shit makes me feel sick
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.