[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /v/, Just got a PS2 emulator. So recommend me some games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: ps2emulator.png (81 KB, 398x263) Image search: [Google]
ps2emulator.png
81 KB, 398x263
Alright /v/, Just got a PS2 emulator. So recommend me some games
I pretty much skimmed through that whole gen up to this point, so I don't really know much of what great games it had
So any are welcome. Niche or popular, Amazing or okay, etc etc
>>
play viewtiful joe
>>
MGS3
>>
>>334776397
Ace Combat 4, 5, Zero
Zone of the Enders (+ Z.O.E. 2)
Metal Gear Solid 2, 3
Devil May Cry 1-3
Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank

first few that jumped into my head... PS2 was an amazing system, man. So many great games to play.
>>
>>334776397
Shadow of the Colossus
>>
BURNOUT 3 TAKEDOWN
>>
PCSX2 fucking blows. Every game has glitches. Major sound and visual artifacts.

>your pc a shit

Overclocked i7 3770k with a GTX 780. Fuck off.
>>
>>334776590
I'm actually playing Ratchet & Clank right now
It's pretty good, though the camera's kinda wonky.
ZoE looks pretty cool though. I like mecha games, so I'll check it out later
>>
>>334776397
.hack

play them all now.

GU is probably better than the first series but I still like the first ones a bit better because I feel the comparative lack of polish made it easier to get immersed in them.
>>
>>334776838

Anon that is a shit PC though.
>>
>>334776590 me again...

Seconding:
>>334776471
>>334776656
>>334776681

SSX games were pretty fuckin rad, too.
Gran Turismo 3 and 4 were good if you're into that.
So much stuff.
RE4
God of War & GoW II
Beyond Good and Evil
Silent Hill 2, 3, 4
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

>>334776903
If you like mecha games then also Armored Core... Not super familiar with that series so you'd have to ask someone else which ones in particular.
>>
>>334776397

Silent Hill 2 and 3
Fatal Frame 1, 2, and 3
All SMT games, including Nocturne and Persona 3 & 4
>>
>>334776951
>.hack
Isn't that one of em animes
You some kinda fuckin homo Anon
just kidding, mind red pilling me a tad on what kinda game it is?
>>
File: Untitled.png (108 KB, 303x459) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
108 KB, 303x459
>>334776590
>tfw most of those have serious issues on HW mode
>>
>>334776838
PCSX2 is great, it's just that the PS2 ran on black magic so emulating everything perfectly is nearly impossible.
>>
>>334776471
Played it on the GameCube about a year ago. It wasn't my cup of tea, and the visual design really turned me off. I only got through about an hour or two before I gave up and returned it to my friend
>>
>>334777293
Really? Thats fucked.
I played them all on console, wouldn't have a clue how they emulate. I was just throwing out some titles for my man.
>>
Okami
>>
Pretty much all of the PS2 SMT games are really good, and easy to emulate
>>
God of War 1 and 2

1 has better scenic narrative, 2 has tighter more balanced combat
>>
File: kill the bourgeois.jpg (134 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
kill the bourgeois.jpg
134 KB, 500x339
This might just be the nostalgia talking but Red Faction was pretty good it has destructible environments and everything.
>>
Kingdom Hearts 1/2
Final Fantasy X/X-2
Those SMT dating sims
>>
>>334777714
red faction 1 was GOAT
>>
>>334777148
Well it actually is an anime too. Basically they're two really long series of ARPGs (first one is 4 games long, second is 3 games long, each game has maybe 30 to 40 hours of gameplay) that take place in an MMO called The World. The first series is basically about a bunch of normal people who just happen to play an MMO getting sucked up in something much bigger than them and having to deal with it, and it focuses a lot more on the fact that the game is an MMO. The second series is about a bunch of people using the weird events as a way of working through their issues and growing as people, and has better writing and a more memorable story in general.

Give 'em a shot.
>>
God Hand, Persona 3 FES and Dark Chronicle. Dark Chronicle takes a moment to get good though.
>>
>>334777714
It was, but why the fuck would you play the PS2 version?
>>
None of you have suggested Robot Alchemic Drive or Steambot Chronicles. I'm ashamed of you.
>>
Right now I'm playing Splinter Cell double agent.

It's an entirely different game than the PC version which I didn't know, and it runs really good.
>>
File: Coverchulip.jpg (28 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
Coverchulip.jpg
28 KB, 250x350
>>334776397
Chulip is a nice game. Tons of wacky characters, each with their own schedules. Think of majoras mask without the violence.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.