[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I quit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12
File: dota-2-official.jpg (124 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
dota-2-official.jpg
124 KB, 1191x670
How do I quit?
>>
>>334774643
Uninstall and quickly start playing other games

Satisfy your urges by watching tournaments
>>
start playing LoL
>>
>>334774683
Watching tournaments makes me want to play again.
>>
>>334774643
Uninstall and don't play for a minimum of 90 days and find something else to fill your time. By the time 90 days has passed you'll have a new habit.
>>
>>334774643
I've somehow gone a few months without even being interested in launching it.
I started playing csgo since it was easier to drop in and out of casual games without committing to an hour of a game.
I quickly grew frustrated at the bullshit mechanics and ragequit and now I'm cold turkey done with gaming altogether.
I have literally no motivation to play ANYTHING because any time I get hype for a game it ends up being confirmed shit before release.
If anything, I'm looking forward to fallout 4's GECK related mods in the future.
>>
>>334774643
Ehh if you actually want something you'll do it. i just realized how much time I was
Wasting playing dota. we dont solve life's problems or invent new things sitting around playing videogames. let games stay a hobby.
>>
play something that takes actual skill instead

like ut

soon you will back and laugh at the thought that you enjoyed all the rng that is present in dota and similar games
>>
File: 600px-Godz.jpg (56 KB, 600x604) Image search: [Google]
600px-Godz.jpg
56 KB, 600x604
>>334774643
I don't understand these motivations anymore from other people. The game itself has FOTM issues out the ass every patch and when Shanghai ended there was 0 incentive to play. A game can be won at any point in different ways but holy fuck the repetitiveness and the time wasted to not even something that good unless you're getting paid to do so.
>>
>>334774643
Just do it.

Maybe remind yourself of the retards you'll probably end up playing with when thinking about the game
>>
>>334775310
>skill
I have less than 500 MMR. For every win I get 6 losses and this isn't fun anymore. I only have this issue with MOBAs.
>>
File: clock man.jpg (42 KB, 744x666) Image search: [Google]
clock man.jpg
42 KB, 744x666
>>334775456
>less than 500 MMR
you have to actually try to be that bad
>>
>>334775318
Wasn't the Shanghai Major a big mess?
>>
The only thing that successfully kills my interest in Dota for a good length of time is watching The International and realizing how soulless and commercial the whole event has gotten. The whole thing got too big for its own good.
>>
File: 1418857199928.jpg (9 KB, 210x200) Image search: [Google]
1418857199928.jpg
9 KB, 210x200
>>334775456
Are you serious? My friend has a 650 MMR account and he asked me to play for him because he couldn't get out of the "trench" or whatever you fags are using to make excuses.
I literally got a 20 wins vs 3 loss. For most of the times. losses were due to players being pure feeder or afk.

Seriously, git gud.

The point is, if your team is shit, then the other team would probably be shit too. So your 1 win vs 6 looses is probably because of you.
>>
File: .png (11 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
.png
11 KB, 420x420
>>334774643
>playing assfaggots
>getting addicted to assfaggots
You must be a subhuman of the worst kind
>>
2000+ hours here, I quit after I got matched in two games with item farming bots.

I literally quit there and then. I think I've been back once or twice in half a year.

I started playing CS:GO, but the community is more aids than the Dota 2 community, which I didn't think was possible.

So now I just sit looking at the games in my steam library not being able to decide which game to play. Even though I should be studying maths T_T

Keep playing it. You're better off, probably.
>>
>>334777610
Wait, there are actually item farming bots?
Can steam detect that shit?
>>
>>334775456
>I have less than 500 MMR
How is it even possible to be this bad?

I saw someone from /v/ also posting something like 196 MMR or lower. The fuck are you guys doing?

For a "casual" genre, you faggots sure do suck at it.
>>
>>334777683

Yeah, there were when I quit. It was pretty depressing desu.

I'm not sure if steam can detect them, though I'm pretty sure they have mostly been stopped now - that said, I haven't been in for 6 months or so, maybe more, so I couldn't tell you.
>>
>this end of patch insanity
I love when we get a long fucking balance patch and everyone loses their fucking minds by the end of it because of the top tier hero pool being cancer and the anticipation of shaking up the game.
>>
File: 1459159482941.jpg (55 KB, 704x588) Image search: [Google]
1459159482941.jpg
55 KB, 704x588
>>334777949

the fuck. v/ change t.b.h to desu.

I'm not asian you cunts.
>>
>>334776264
Are you kidding? TI is so fucking good. How can it be 'soulless' and 'commercial'. In comparison to literally every other tournament it's pretty much the highest caliber especially since Valve organizes it themselves but here's the catch, you will never find a Valve logo, or sponsor image on it. Because it's about Dota, not the company. The only thing that's corporate is the shop with Dota cosmetics/goodies.
>>
>>334777949
>>334778063
wait, really? That's why I have seen a fuck load of desu on 4chan for the last 3 months?
Fuck Japanese moot.
I have to test this: desu
>>
>>334774643
Uninstall is the only answer. Seriously fuck this game, I wasted 2000 hours on it that I'll never get back. If I quitted Dota long ago, I might actually have a decent job or atleast make a living.
>>
>>334776597
>git gud
I'm not going to tell you how long I've been playing this game, but that's no longer an option.
>>
>>334774643
Been playing since 2011, havent played a single match in like 5 months and havent been playing regulary for at least 2 years, they changed something with the netcode and I always get a slight .5 second delay whenever I move, have been playing for so long that even such a low delay makes the game unplayable for me,
>>
File: baby boy.jpg (79 KB, 446x960) Image search: [Google]
baby boy.jpg
79 KB, 446x960
>tfw slowly reaching 4k

Give me your energy /v/, I'm slowly climbing out of the garbage can.
>>
>>334774643
Look at the hours played, follow by a long hard look in the mirror. Ask yourself how much pussy/butthole (I wont judge) you could have crushed if you had spent those hours at the gym, or learning viable skills.

Then uninstall.
>>
File: 1455751118926.jpg (123 KB, 690x504) Image search: [Google]
1455751118926.jpg
123 KB, 690x504
>>334774643
I uninstalled and I haven't looked back since. Even reinstalled it to try out the new updates, just didn't have the drive to play so I uninstalled it again. Just uninstall.
>>
>>334778237

If valve didn't fuck the Dota 2 item market so hard, you might be able to make a bit of money there, but no bueno.
CS:GO seems to be the only market that isn't fucked, though I'm sure they'll make a patch to fix that too.
>>
I just uninstalled. I'm tempted to re-install, but I remind myself how bullshit solo matchmaking is.
The freedom old Dota 2 had kind of disappeared with the e-sport community, not following the meta causes my teammates to throw a shitfit and feed.
>>
>>334778252
Ugh sorry then, m8.
Mind telling me what hero you used when you play ranks?
You should probably go for carry because support is useless at that rank.
>>
>>334778103
>In comparison to literally every other tournament it's pretty much the highest caliber especially since Valve organizes it themselves but here's the catch, you will never find a Valve logo, or sponsor image on it
Someone didn't watch the Shanghai Major...
>>
>>334778438
Winter wyvern, timbersaw, ogre magi, gyrocopter.
>>
File: manila.jpg (133 KB, 810x550) Image search: [Google]
manila.jpg
133 KB, 810x550
>>334778491
Show me a single Valve logo in any of the images produced in the dota2blog.

From Frankfurt to Manila, not a single one. Fuck off.
>>
There was a moba thread a couple days ago and some anon explained the whole design in a way I've never considered.

MOBAs are mini MMORPGs where you get the chance to roll an alt from scratch every time you start a match. You never feel locked into one particular role because there are so many characters and you constantly have that feeling that THIS match will be better than your last one.

This is why they are so addicting and why people have such intense loyalty to the first moba they've played. (Look at the the LoL vs DOTA rivalry.)

To sum it up, they are the black holes of gaming, and unlike MMORPG's you may not even make friends once it's all over and you've uninstalled.
>>
>>334778665

I read valve was planning to host a few more dota 2 tournaments alongside the TI, because the TI is only once a year and a few people were complaining.

Don't know when that was planned for though.
>>
>>334778572
Try hard carry. No really, do not care about your team if they feed. The more they feed, the more gold they will offer upon death anyway (even less than a creep group).
You should go for carries who can push towers alone like clinkz or ursa. Ursa is probably a solid choice for most of the time.
Go for clinkz if the enemy has paper health hard carry heroes like antimage, drow ranger, etc. so you can 1 v 1 them in the forest.

I played on my friend account using tinker many times because no one at that rank know that tinker can burst so fucking much damage.
>>
>>334779201
*the less gold they will offer
>>
>>334779201

I distinctly remember sniper, viper and drow being pretty OP in the lower ranks/games.

Tinker I always found a bit awkward, but ymmv.
>>
>>334779169
Those are the Majors.

The problem wasn't people complained, it's that pros only really cared about TI because that's were all the hype was. So the Majors were made to essentially give regular seasons to Dota 2 instead of all 3rd party + 1 really big one everyone wanted to join. After all why care for any other tournament when this one makes you a millionaire and ride that fame off to the next TI.
>>
>>334779351
yeah, why do shitter have so much trouble with those heroes?
>>
>>334774643
I quit but slowly playing less Dota, watching more tournaments and playing other games. Also playing custom games like Overthrow helped when I had a craving for some dota.
>>
>>334779201
Because no one really know how to counter Drow. You can literally just play as PA and blink to her she loses 1/3 of her damage.

Whenever I see someone picks drow I automatically play Clinkz, get next to her and 3 shot her to death.
They rarely buy dust in this rank.
>>
>>334775587
copy that
>>
>>334779568
Meant for
>>334779351
>>
File: 900b5afeb3.jpg (29 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
900b5afeb3.jpg
29 KB, 599x337
>>334774643
Start "buying" video games instead of playing free to play garbage, idiot
>>
Either play a flavor of the month game for a bit.

or

limit yourself to custom games or private lobbies
>>
>>334774643
I stopped playing some time ago, before the map changed, arcwarden and some items were added.
I guess this was the perfect timing, new DotA does not feel like in the old days, due to changes mentioned above (and the fuckin meta which makes 70% of the heroes useless).

I stop by from time to time to have a custom game and watch tournaments and streams 5/7, but have no urge to seriously play it again.
>>
File: 1455025683808.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1455025683808.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>all these posts
>this entire thread.
you fags should know that 3k mmr is the STANDARD for Average players below that you are either a true shitter , casual , or just lose on purpose because you want to see how bad le ebin low mmrs is.
Just throwing this out here.
Im dying of cancer. help.
>>
File: PeeCee.png (89 KB, 149x368) Image search: [Google]
PeeCee.png
89 KB, 149x368
Take all the dicks out of your ass and mouth you fucking faggot.
>>
>>334778103
>>334778665
Who cares about the logos?
TI lost its spirit after 3. I remember TI4 being boring as hell. Every chinkteam did the "hide and farm"-playstyle. 40min in and 7kills total, the interviews were cringy too.
>>
>>334780470

This is e-sports, son.

Very little isn't cringey.
>>
>>334779045
do you remember what the thread was about?
>>
>>334779874
Dota is the only free to play title I currently own. kill yourself.
>>
>>334780470
>after 3

>TI5 was fucking glorious

ahem?
>>
>>334780596
Idk I remember the guy in a purple morphsuit from TI2 (?) who made the enigma move everytime a blackhole was casted.
That dude is the shit.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.