[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All the hype. All the threads. All the shitposting. And now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Ouya-Dying.jpg (104 KB, 1000x543) Image search: [Google]
Ouya-Dying.jpg
104 KB, 1000x543
All the hype.
All the threads.
All the shitposting.

And now nothing.

What went wrong, /v/?
>>
It was a flawed idea from the start.

All it plays are android games, and anyone with a smartphone can play those without a console. Hell, for about 1/4th the cost of an OUYA they can just get a bluetooth controller and even have decent controls for games on their phone.

Sure, it represented an open dev console that had loads of freedom, but in the end it was just a glorified phone game player in a world where cheap smartphones exist.
>>
>>334772432
It only plays the games i can play on my smartphone,
But i already have a smartphone and i dont play games on it
>>
>>334772432
It only played android games, and at that only on your TV, and at that poorly.

If it had been stronger, and more open to people who would want to use homebrew, and the system had been cheaper it might of gotten a nice little niche.

I also kek remembering people on leddit thinking it would run Skyrim. That also makes me remember how long it's been since it began.
>>
>>334772432
Isn't this happening with VR now? There isn't even a VR thread up right now. Future my ass.
>>
>>334773362

There isn't enough out there at the moment you silly goose.
>>
>>334773180
It can't even play modern smart phone games as it has the specs of a 2011 phone
>>
>>334773362
>There isn't even a VR thread up right now
wow
>>
File: .jpg (19 KB, 358x197) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
19 KB, 358x197
>>334772432
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ha6Mb5_YQ
>>
>>334773326
Honestly, I wouldn't mind having another option to playing smart phone games. Like, I don't like playing games on my phone since it's pretty fiddly and it's not so good at connecting to the net.

Then again, I just use BlueStacks for that, I don't need a console.
>>
People kickstarted them, expecting a legitimate competitor to the Xbox and Playstation. They wanted a new console, more or less.

The Ouya idiots decided to make a stripped down phone.

Made no sense, but there it is.
>>
Did anyone actually buy into the hype? From the start, we knew it was a crappy cell phone.
>>
File: .jpg (117 KB, 468x428) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
117 KB, 468x428
>>334772432
Daily reminder that Patcher said the ouya was gonna be nothing but a shit console with no success and many retards on /v/ got mad about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTqhyHuKVKA
>>
>>334773362
VR actually does something unique and there is a high demand for the product that's causing a shortage

Ouya was plagued with bad idea after bad idea and then when it came out it was already out performed by most phones on the market and media devices like the Roku and Fire stick that did the job better and cheaper
>>
>334772432
This keeps getting posted. It was overhyped because vidya "journalism" was looking for something new to talk about over the dragged on console generation that lasted longer than normal. It was like how the iPad was hyped, except the iPad was simply one of the first in a new era of affordable and efficient tablets that were destined to flood the market regardless.

Ouya had a bunch of other competitors by the time of its release, but they never caught on because no one wants to invest money into a cheap android htpc.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.