[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only person on the planet who doesn't like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: smetroid.jpg (25 KB, 250x174) Image search: [Google]
smetroid.jpg
25 KB, 250x174
Am I the only person on the planet who doesn't like this game?

>clunky controls
>exploring isn't fun in general
>need certain missiles to open certain doors and other stupid shit like that

The only good thing about it is the music is a solid 8/10.
>>
>>334766827
git gud
>>
>>334766827
You have worse opinions than fucking Egoraptor.

Consider suicide, seriously.
>>
>>334767512
>implying its hard

Every casual has beaten SM. Shitloads of people even speedrun it. I stopped playing after like 20 minutes out of boredom. Castlevania games are way more fun when it comes to exploring and enemies are actually fun to kill.

>>334767839
sorry but I don't watch ecelebs lol, who?
>>
>>334766827
ya, you suck
>>
>clunky controls

wipe the cheetos dust off your dickbeaters and give it a whirl, controller commander.
>>
>>334766827
yes, you are the only person with shit taste
>>
>>334768468
>sorry but I don't watch ecelebs lol, who?

>doesn't know who egoraptor is
>knows that he's an eceleb

ok.
>>
>>334769037
it had to be an eceleb, who else is 'egoraptor' meant to be?

>>334768728
lol cool memes
>>
Is this a half-assed "BRAVA EARTHBOUND" kind of shit? What a fucking joke of a thread.
>>
>>334766827
0/10 try again
>>
>>334769534
Thanks for making some strong points in favor of the game!
>>
>>334766827
I love how you can always tell when someone is a fucking moron the second "clunky" comes out of their mouth
>>
>>334769736
You are welcome!
>>
>>334766827
nice b8, end yourself.
>>
>all these posts riding SM's dick
>all of them insult OP
>none of them explain why he should like the game

Meme on boys, bandwagon that shit for life!
>>
I dunno either. Zero Mission has way better controls and loading times.
>>
what's wrong with the controls besides there's only one reason to ever let go of the run button and that's to do a glitch to charge shinespark without going as far

i just rebind the run button to one of the shoulder buttons and problem solved
>>
>>334770929

"Game X has clunky Y. But I won't explain it". The only response it deserves is You're wrong and I won't explain it". Fuck going into a lengthy explanation, he won't put in the effort, why should we?
>>
File: dadson.jpg (35 KB, 310x336) Image search: [Google]
dadson.jpg
35 KB, 310x336
This entire thread embodies everything that is wrong with /v/ and just goes to show how things will continue to get worse.

Some idiot made this thread thinking it'd be a hilarious sort of bait, which will inspire other retards to do the same, and soon every popular/acclaimed game will be in the target sights of the shitposters and the memers. Or, and this is the scenario I hope for least, OP made this thread in total seriousness, which should go to show you the horrible taste of /v/ browsers in 2016.

It's absolutely hilarious how much time /v/ spends calling people out on being from Reddit when in reality both websites are just two sides of the same coin: but where reddit hugboxes and echochambers positives and acclaim, 4chan revels in negativity while hurling shit and screaming diatribes. The only positive thing here is that occasionally, the anonymity will allow for a genuine discussion thread to rise up out of the literal hundreds of garbage threads made in a day, but even those are getting rarer by the day.

This website is fucking dead and more and more I wonder why the fuck I continue to waste my time here.
>>
I don't like the NES slowdown.
>>
>>334773197
Oh noes, someone will say something on a Chinese cartoon picture webzone.
>>
>>334773197
i don't know, why do you
>>
>>334768468
>20 minutes

you blew your attempt at good bait
>>
>>334766827
This is pretty good bait.

every single one of these problems you posted are also in the Prime series as well, except the exploring part is much more fun due to better graphics and lore to read.
>>
>>334766827
Sad to say, but he's right.

The combat is complete ass in Super Metroid, the exploration isn't rewarding (millions of missile upgrades and more energy tanks in a game that's almost laughably easy, are your main rewards) and the platforming is shit.

It's still a great game, though.
>>
>>334766827
> clunky controls
>>
>>334774667
>implying I said I like the Prime series
>>
>>334773197
It's dead and it will never come back.

For the longest time the site was getting progressively more shit. Then in the last year or so there was a spike. It seemed to coincide with the smug pepe meme (which is worse than the troll face meme and that is saying a lot).

From what I can tell, r9k became very popular with Reddit, because it was meme central. So teenagers swarmed that shithole and then spread to the rest of the site.

I wish I could leave, too. But the rest of the internet is just so caught up in the 'positives and acclaim' that you mentioned.

Our only hope is an apocalypse.
>>
>>334767839
Literally this.
>>
>>334768468
If you have seen people speedrunning it you should know that the gameplay has a lot more potential. Metroid makes up for weak enemies with the platforming potential and sequence breaking. It's not a hard game, it's a game that's easy to learn and difficult to master, but you have the choice to play casually and still beat it. The best kind of way to design a game really.
>>
>>334776380
go watch some more ecelebs faggot, your opinion is null and void

>>334773197
are you on the spectrum dude? I don't like super Metroid and im asking for other people to tell me if they share the same opinion. It's not "bait".

Even if it was bait, it's still better than huge ass walls of text that nobody reads.
>>
File: 1340319073548.jpg (211 KB, 445x600) Image search: [Google]
1340319073548.jpg
211 KB, 445x600
Weak bait, even if it isn't then it's not worth bothering trying to save someone with opinions this shit.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.