[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the best video game magazine? pro-tip: it was PSM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: best magazine.jpg (384 KB, 900x1184) Image search: [Google]
best magazine.jpg
384 KB, 900x1184
What was the best video game magazine?
pro-tip: it was PSM
>>
>>334747054
oh... the olds days before the cancer. Good times.
>>
>>334747054
EGM

PSM was alright; it had a lot of fun content. EGM just did everything every other magazine did, but better
>>
>>334747054
>Blonde solid
Canon
>>
The stickers PSM made were great.
>>
Game Players
>>
Early pre-teens puberty me did enjoy the PSM swimsuit issues quite a bit.
>>
>>334747282
This. The borderline-content they showed for their readers was always enjoyable. Nearly every letter section had at least one response calling the sender an idiot/asshole/whatever.
>>
>>334747282
>>334747054
EGM for the sheer amount of content within their issues, their inch thick E3 and christmas issues were unmatched, and sushi-x of course.

Next Generation had the best actual journalism though.

>>334747437
>Early pre-teens puberty me did enjoy the PSM swimsuit issues quite a bit.

pcxl was a lot better for this
>>
>>334747282
Seconding.

I always liked Seanbaby's page in the back.
>>
I remember EGM's review of 99 nights saying "maybe they should have gone for the full 100" I think about that sometimes still and that still makes me laugh.
>>
File: image_30.jpg (36 KB, 226x226) Image search: [Google]
image_30.jpg
36 KB, 226x226
Who's got the power?
>>
File: StarPatch.jpg (8 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
StarPatch.jpg
8 KB, 208x208
>>334747054
God damn do I miss that.
>stickers for your memory cards
>stickers for your PS lid
>>
>>334748568
I used the resident evil lid sticker for my ps1
>>
oh yeah i forgot pc gamer for the cd's they would send out with game demos on them. when you had 28kbps dialup, those things saved you hours upon hours of downloading game demos. their sub was worth it for just those demos.
>>
>>334748664
Hell yeah. I remember that. I loved how the used different artists for the cover pages and it wasn't a copy-paste from the company's ad. They were really responsive with their fanbase.
>>
File: 1ipa0AB.jpg (66 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1ipa0AB.jpg
66 KB, 720x540
>>
>>334750582
Who is that anime character?
>>
>>334747054
s e a n b a b y
e
a
n
b
a
b
y
>>
>>334750727
it's just a made up character they used for the magazine
>>
That western styled art for the Jap originated characters in that cover look cool, I miss shit like this
>>
>>334751761
They had comic book artists do the covers. They even had a small space dedicated to showing the process.
That really bad SH one though. Holy shit.
>>
>>334747054

>not posting Shoe era EGM

one fucking job op
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.