[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I quit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 115
File: ARR_FFXIV_Logo.png (372 KB, 740x490) Image search: [Google]
ARR_FFXIV_Logo.png
372 KB, 740x490
How do I quit?
>>
uninstall and play another game
>>
>>334728265

Just play a better MMO like Black Desert or WoW
>>
When you realise you could be doing literally anything else in reality and it'd be more productive.

Plus you are paying money for the privilege to grind and talk to people.
>>
Realize, that the character you play, is in no way your own as it is SE's property.
>>
Stop playing
>>
>>334728265

Buy Heavensward. That'll get you to quit.
>>
File: 5.jpg (2 MB, 2872x3936) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
2 MB, 2872x3936
how does he do it?
>>
>Doing totorak
>Tank is running down the wrong tunnels
>Healer literally just spams cure even when the tank is at 98% health
>Arcanist only uses Ruin, and for half the dungeon didn't have their pet out
>Still only took 24 minutes when I've had ones go for 40 minutes

>Doing Cutter's Cry
>People standing in every sand pillar
>Tank standing in every AoE
>Group's dragoon takes hits better because their gear isn't level 25 shit
>Tell tank at the end that violet eyes = run in close, blue eyes = move away
>Not only does he mix the two up, he does it several times. Didn't dodge a single one.
>Would have actually took less damage if he just stood still.
>>
Hit escape or go to system, press log out, press quit game.

There you go.
>>
>>334728265
Cancel sub, play until you run out of days, then don't resub
>>
just get to the max level. then you will have nothing to do but the same dungeons over and over again each week trying to get tokens and gear. you will realize basically for a $13 you are paying for a limited amount of virtual tokens for 4 weeks in order to get gear. which feels like a huge scam
>>
You unsub from this shit game.
>>
File: kaz.jpg (611 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kaz.jpg
611 KB, 1920x1080
>Mfw FFXIV is the only MMO that's good to play now
>>
>>334728743

He simply made back the money lost on the first FFXIV. He didn't save a dying franchise. Especially since the vast majority of FF fans didn't even play FFXIV.

Core FF fans expect FFXV and FFVII:R to 'save' the franchise. Which is funny since its doing everything it can to slap them in the face. But at this point, Final Fantasy fans are so battered and mistreated, they think abuse is love.
>>
File: The-Elder-Scrolls-Online.png (74 KB, 558x366) Image search: [Google]
The-Elder-Scrolls-Online.png
74 KB, 558x366
You play the superior MMO.
>>
I played during the glory days of WoW and FF11.

I regret all the time I spent in those games, but the community was the biggest reason I played MMO's.
>>
File: 1445839781383.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445839781383.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
>>334729306

Dragon Quest X is better. You just can't play it.

And even if there wasn't other MMOs to play, FFXIV still isn't worth playing past the main story.

>mfw a Dragon Quest MMO has more Final Fantasy tie ins than the Final Fantasy MMO
>>
>>334728265
Realize that the game is garbage and stop playing
>>
>>334729306
good joke nigga
>>
>>334729526
Have you ever moved countries for a game?
>>
File: ponelineup.jpg (702 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ponelineup.jpg
702 KB, 1920x1080
HW is the worst MMO expansion of all time to be quite honest. This game peaked back when Final Coil was released and I told myself to quit then and there.
>>
>>334729526
That's because DQX is simply Dragon Quest online, it's a true mainline DQ that builds and expands upon elements from DQIX and previous games. Meanwhile FFXIV is just a shit WoW reskin that doesn't build or expand on anything from the franchise, it just rehashes old shit for fanservice.
>>
>>334729905
HW is great though
>>
>>334729905
>HW is the worst MMO expansion of all time to be quite honest.

How to spot the WoWfag doing damage control for WoD.
>>
>>334729965
Yeah you haven't played ffxiv.
>>
>>334729526
I dunno m8, I got a little hard when I saw that imps spawn back on to the player, like their ff5 sprites. Other people think reusing enemies from 11/12/13 is lazy but I think it's a nice reference.
>>
>>334730306
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>334730390
lol
>>
Fuck off Firanna you thin skinned cunt.
>>
>>334729905

Oh c'mon GW2's expansion is far worse.
>>
>>334729983
For story content it shot up tenfold over the previous writing.

For actual gameplay related things, the fact it took until 3.2 to get actual entertaining things to do repeatedly is saddening.
>>
>>334730390
>says fuck off shill
>doesn't tell the WoWfag shills to fuck off >>334729905
>>334728375

Neo-/v/ is desperate to force the FFXIV is bad meme. They're trying so hard it's pathetic. They're trying to do the same thing with FFXV and FFVII Remake.

Hell, they've even tried to do it with games like Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. Neo-/v/ is pure shit. The fact that anyone here would unironically try to claim WoW is better and that WoD is better than Heavensward is just a pathetic shitposter.
>>
Fuck off Bayohne you fat piece of shit.
>>
Tell Mrs. Tohzuki to fuck off
>>
File: sQia3.png (47 KB, 324x317) Image search: [Google]
sQia3.png
47 KB, 324x317
>>334728265
>>
Fuck off Camate you chink dick loving faggot.
>>
sch and war were a mistake
>>
>>334730616
Oh no people have different opinions than me, it's a conspiracy.
>>
Play another game to fill your down time. I use shitty those shitty mobile tappers or mobage as the japs like to call 'em.
>>
>>334730306
he's completely right though

XIV is a shit story with as many references to previous games shoehorned in as possible

it's nothing but fanservice with hardly any content
>>
File: yoshiyay.jpg (193 KB, 928x896) Image search: [Google]
yoshiyay.jpg
193 KB, 928x896
>>334730306

Yoshi himself has said FFXIV is a WoW clone. Its the 'best' WoW clone out there. But its still a WoW clone.
>>
>>334728265
get involved with /ffxivg/ and you'll quit in no time!

Seriously thouhg, I love this game.
>>
>>334730616
>uses the phrase neo-/v/ unironically

no John you are the cancer
>>
I was REALLY into this game since ARR launched but I quit to play dark souls this week. I've been pretty bored with the game for about 6 months now, but had some renewed interest once I actually gave PvP a shot. PvP aside, I was only logging in for raid nights and not running any other content. Now that my work schedule isn't allowing me to raid, I've lost all drive to play any more. Maybe I'll come back next expansion after I get my fill of DkS and FFXV.
>>
>>334731010
same

I wish we could have a proper thread instead of this dumb pseudo bait that just encourages shitposting every single time
>>
To people who enjoy ARR; have you even seriously played another MMO? Like not just dipped your toes in, actually put at least 100 or more hours in. And in ARR how do you stand the painfully bad combat, the invisible walls, that everything is instanced, that the game is shackled to a 10 year old console, that the devs clearly don't give a fuck about their western audience, the complete lack of character variety or builds, the combat my god the combat, the lack of pvp, the materia walls, the awful plot and the stale raids.
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 707x1000
HW could stand to be a good deal more than it is and take a few more risks but I really don't understand the massive hateboner /v/ has for it.
>>
>>334731597
>two but mad autists is the entirety of /v/
>>
>>334731597
A lot of angry people that it's an MMO that's being successful.

They're probably the same retards who are waiting for another Tortanic.
>>
File: 1366593108926.png (603 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
1366593108926.png
603 KB, 1360x768
>>334731597
The majority of /v/ doesn't give a shit about a dying generic WoW clone
>>
>>334731521
>stale raids

Say what you want about HW and the rest of the game but I will fight you about coil. That shit is tight as fuck
>>
>>334731597

Most people on /v/ just hate it because its popular.

I on the other hand dislike Heavensward because it was a string of endless quests no different from 2.0. In fact, many of the quests were worse. Which is pretty inexcusable when they did ARR in like 10 months, but then the expansion they worked on for a year and a half was more boring.
>>
>>334732147
Surely you're not implying the HW MSQ was more boring than the ARR one (sans Coil), right?
>>
>>334728265
Let the sub run out
>>
File: 4.0.jpg (100 KB, 817x589) Image search: [Google]
4.0.jpg
100 KB, 817x589
>>334731521
>played DAoC extensively before XI and WoW
>played the shit out of WoW from Vanilla to WoTLK
>picked up XIV in 2010 and played extensively until post-Garuda patch
>came back in 2013 and been playing since

Personally, the end-game content still show enough challenge to warrant myself to continue going to raids while doing other crafting/gathering garbage because the game looks really pretty. Downgrade from 1.0? Sure, but who honestly expected the PS3 to handle 1.0's unoptimized graphic setting in the first place?
>>
>>334728767
>Stone Vigil
>packs die really, really slowly
>at the fight where you have to shoot at cannons look at my healer
>he's just sometimes stiting there not casting a spell for 10-15 seconds
>is only healing me
>realize that he's targeting me so he can so that I'm targeting him

>doing some trial
>tank pops all of his cooldowns, runs at the boss, immediately loses aggro

>tanking Ramuh
>people don't focus adds at all
>we wipe
>someone says to focus adds
>"they were all dead"
>there were 3 alive when he used his insta-kill spell
>retry
>someone stands next to me and gets cleaved to death
>one of the guys who is tethered to someone else starts spamming his skills like crazy and gets one of the two killed

>doing Titan
>tank tanks him in the middle of the map
>kinda fucks up everybody's positioning
>starts throwing out huge mountain busters
>one of the healers and a dps die because they're idiots, tank dies

I fucking love running trial roulette and running into people fucking up, it makes the fight so much more fun
>>
>>334732270

I'm talking about the main story quests. I don't care about end game grinding and didn't do it in ARR or Heavensward.
>>
File: pt.jpg (12 KB, 346x84) Image search: [Google]
pt.jpg
12 KB, 346x84
>>334728265
you don't.
>>
File: 56400074_p0.png (322 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
56400074_p0.png
322 KB, 600x800
Delete the game, worked for me.
As long the game is still on your hardrive you'll still want to resub.
>>
>>334731134
Thank god I have a few friends who play FFXIV.
I can't imagine having nowhere to discuss the game than on v/.
>>
File: image.png (366 KB, 900x683) Image search: [Google]
image.png
366 KB, 900x683
Required Tier:
>WAR, SCH, MCH/BRD(depends on party comp), NIN

Make the rest of your party composition from this tier:
>DRK, WHM, DRG, MNK, BLM, SMN

Low Tier:
>PLD, AST
>>
File: 1434401316328.jpg (228 KB, 850x1018) Image search: [Google]
1434401316328.jpg
228 KB, 850x1018
>>334733094

I still have FFXIV installed. I found no trouble leaving the game after my free month was done. For a couple weeks, it was the most addicting thing ever. But after you clear the story content, its just like any other MMO. Gear grinding and crafting. I quit WoW and Old Republic because of that shit. So naturally, I quit FFXVI as well.

Why can't we get an MMO that simply has a huge world to explore? Instead of raiding and daily shit. I used to hate RO because it was too open and there was nothing to do but grind monsters. But after playing all these WoW clones, RO actually looks better by comparison.

Lalafells and the music were good though.
>>
>>334733923
>Lalafells were good
Opinion officially thrown into the recycle bin
>>
>>334734085

>another angry cat
Opinion officially thrown into the recycle bin
>>
>>334728265
I had fun playing with my friends and guildmates, but the second I decided to step out of that and try doing something by myself with pubs I realized just how utterly retarded and horrible the community is.
And after you catch up, the game becomes a chore. I stopped playing it after I completed most of the content.
Almost 6 months after I quit I can still say that I kinda miss my character, but I dont miss the game itself or the community.
>>
>>334733923
>Why can't we get an MMO that simply has a huge world to explore? Instead of raiding and daily shit

FFXI it has daily shit now too though but it's optional and more open.
>>
>>334733923
Try FFXI.

A lot has changed to make it more solo friendly due to diminishing population but the core game has definetely stayed the same.

If you like MMOs not defined by role (like making weird shit like a tanky dps whm) this is your game.
>>
>>334734329

>but the second I decided to step out of that and try doing something by myself with pubs I realized just how utterly retarded and horrible the community is.
In the case of FFXIV, its not entirely the fault of the players. 90% of the game is about doing everything by yourself. Then the game forces you to stop and dom some 15-20 dungeons and boss battles with a team. No one knows how to play as a 'team' when they've been playing a solo PvE game in everything besides those few mandatory dungeons.

FFXIV is effectively a single player game with a couple mandatory team fights. The way the game is set up makes people ignorant. Especially tanks, since they spend most of the game just focusing on damage. So of course when they get into a dungeon, they forget to use their threat skills.
>>
>>334732653

Honestly things going horribly wrong are the only reason I play.

>Doing some dungeon
>Tank uses 9+ cooldowns before even running at the boss
>The first ones he used have already dropped off by the time he actually gets hit
>>
I just stopped playing

The community is such a like second-life irl replacement hugbox

like it's crazy how shit an entire server can be at basic content

and shit like dps meters and bullying are banned

and the playstation players don't help

at least 90% of the playerbase is too retarded to do basic HW content raids
>>
File: 20160416191807_1.jpg (55 KB, 403x473) Image search: [Google]
20160416191807_1.jpg
55 KB, 403x473
>>334735078
>mfw Sephi farm groups on Shiva constantly fail on P1
>>
>>334734864

>90% of the game is about doing everything by yourself

No there's something else wrong with the playerbase. There are LOADS of MMOs where you can get to the end solo. Just recently I tried Blade and Soul where there's barely any reason to group up. And finally when you get to the end and do a bunch of 6-man groups? People actually aren't complete gibbering retards.

>Especially tanks, since they spend most of the game just focusing on damage. So of course when they get into a dungeon, they forget to use their threat skills.

Funny how it's the exact opposite for a healer, who spends most of the game just focusing on damage, but forget all about those skills once they enter a dungeon.
>>
>>334735078
>and shit like dps meters and bullying are banned
yet you are at a mercy of every retard with an ego who brought along a couple of his friends with him. And there is virtually no punishment for it. GM's wont lift a finger to help your sorry ass unless the faggot in question is doing something that impacts the whole server.
>>
>>334732787
Then I have no idea how you arrived at your conclusion because the story in Heavensward was way more interesting than ARR.
>>
>>334728265
I didn't get my alex/void ark/eso caps this week because of Dark Souls and now I'm too bummed to resub because I know I'll just be behind everyone else until the next patch
>>
>>334735513

wait what

you're complaining about people bullying you?
>>
Why is crafting so comfy? If I'd known it would be such a long hard grind with a good payoff, I'd have given the finger to raiding and become a full time crafter earlier.

In contrast to PvE where any tom dick and harry can start on an odd numbered patch and 'catch up' to everyone in a week.
>>
>>334735502

Most people throw a tantrum when the healer tries to use any offensive spells. I still do it (especially aqua ball to push enemies off of DPS). But people still bitch about it and call you a 'noob healer' if you do.

In higher level dungeons, say level 46 and higher, the healer really doesn't do any significant damage so its pointless to do it. At least not WHM. Its a waste of MP. Which you need every drop of MP to heal the dumb errors tanks make.

Which brings up another annoying aspect of FFXIV. The higher you go up in difficulty, the more its just an endurance match. There's no skill involved besides dodging cones and using the right skill rotation.
>>
>>334736653
pushing mobs away is bad, you're just making it harder on your tank to get aggro back
if the dps had half a brain he'd walk the mob next to the tank himself
>>
>>334734943
It's why Titan HM is my favorite to get on the trial roulette, there are so many things that can and will go wrong
>people don't move from stacked weight of the lands and instantly die
>person in gaol dies because the gaol got destroyed the second Titan used his landslide
>people running around getting hit by multiple exploding rocks
It's rare to see people actually get hit by landslide, but even without landslide there's so much hilarity to be had
>>
>>334736653
Do not listen to this retard. Healers can pump out more aoe dps than some of the actual dps roles, especially SCH.

Their single target dps is also a significant party dps boost.
>>
Any good FC on Ultros?
Just left my FC after one of the leaders said they waited tables and I told them I don't tip ala Mr.Pink
>Said I don't tip unless a waiter is cute or they do something worth tipping like being very friendly
>Say I hope he/she's cute
>She got a little triggered but still friendly
>End the conversation since I can tell she's getting bothered by saying Good luck with waiting tables and to have fun on her last day off
>She gets fucking pissed and thinks I'm being passive-aggressive
>Her female Roommate jumps in (The four leaders of the guild are roommates in LA)
>Says she's going to kick me out
>Tell waiter I'm not being passive aggressive but if she wants me to be mean I can show her how mean I am
>Enjoy making 4 dollars an hour and relying on stranger's kindness to scrape by :)
>Lost her shit, said "fuck you" and wrote a paragraph and how much she hates me.Tells me that I should feel better about myself
>Tell her that she should feel better about herself so she doesn't get triggered over dumb shit then leave
>Guild leader roommate sends me a message
Ever made someone so mad in a game that you know exactly what their fuming read face looks like? Holy kek
>>
>>334736939
>Get broken out of the gaol
>healer doesn't cleanse your damage down debuff.
>>
>>334736648
Fishing is max comfy for me. As a new player I've been doing 1-2 hours of fishing a night after I've done all of the main story stuff I wanna do for the day and I've already made several hindered thousand off of it (though I hear that's still chump change to endgame players for me just starting out I think it's pretty decent).
>>
>>334736961

>Healers can pump out more aoe dps than some of the actual dps roles, especially SCH.
You mean only SCH. WHM is not going to do shit in damage past level 35. But go ahead and prove otherwise if you're so confident.
>>
>>334736653

>Most people throw a tantrum when the healer tries to use any offensive spells

I've been doing it since I started 2 years ago and there hasn't been maybe a half dozen people who complained. If we're to measure that against the ~1k or so dungeons I've done, that's roughly .2% of people I've run with complaining about it.
>>
>>334737232

>love to gather stuff and fish
>selling commodities makes little gold

>crafting is fucking horrid
>makes 1 million times more gold

Why does it have to be like this?
>>
>>334737356

>An extra 500 DPS
>Not going to do shit
>>
>>334737459
>crafting is horrid

There's your answer, people pay to skip that awful step. Or rather what they perceive to be awful, I don't think this game's crafting system is nearly as terrible as most others I've played.
>>
>>334737191
>dull duration damage down
>just jump off
>>
>>334737367
It's mostly healers who throw a tantrum when they're told they should DPS.

Because DPSing isn't their 'role'.
>>334737660
The crafting system is great because it's not literally press button spin the wheel, there's at least some kind of game/"""skill""" involved
>>
>>334737356
WHM literally has the highest overall dps of the three healers at level 60.
>>
>>334737356

WHM can toss out an Aero III, 6-7 Holies, an Assize and then if everything in the group isn't dead by now you've got shit DPS.

Pop a shroud of saints after the 4th Holy and you've got at least 60% of your MP to keep working with after using an assize.
>>
File: FFXIV.png (142 KB, 368x272) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV.png
142 KB, 368x272
>>334737106
>>
>>334737931
>>334737887

>at level 60 they're amazing
And between level 25 and 50, their MP and skills are not worth using.
>>
>>334737791
Yeah it's so skilled that I can lose millions of gil instantly because my highly skilled """"""""""""80%"""""""""""" chance hasty touch failed 6 times in a row.

Yoshi made crafting into an rng fest, the one place rng had no place, so it could be like every other aspect of this game
>>
>>334738289
Max level is the only level that matters
>>
>>334738461
Don't agree with you, especially if you start levelling a new class it takes a fucking long time which can't be ignored. And I have to play with all those people when I do some roulettes.
>>
>>334737991
>>334737106
You kinda a faggot honestly. You wanted to flex your edgelord and you act like you're the victim when you get told to fuck off.
>>
File: 1461004490943.png (415 KB, 348x627) Image search: [Google]
1461004490943.png
415 KB, 348x627
>do ravana HM
>half the party gets knocked off right after bloody fuller
>get to enjoy the rest of the fight
such a great fight
>>
>>334738289

If you have a shitty tank that keeps taking insane amounts of damage, sure. But if you've got downtime, may as well toss out some damage. Yes, an aero is worth tossing out over all the enemies. No, you shouldn't be running out of MP. Stop spamming Medica or Cure II like a retard.

I -just- leveled WHM from 30-43 the past 4 days and it makes up for the shit DPS most PUGs have. Hell at 40 you finally get shroud of saints and can DPS even more.

At 45 you get Holy which is nice, big-dick damage. Toss 3-4 of them on a group and not only is your tank not taking damage because all those shits are stunned but you're doing a good chunk of damage.

There is no reason besides laziness that you think doing more than 0 DPS is not worth anything. Even a non-cleric-stanced Aero tossed onto a single enemy is worth using.
>>
File: wake me up.gif (2 MB, 390x229) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.gif
2 MB, 390x229
>>334738289
They can reclass bliz 2 if they absolutely need to aoe.
>>
>>334738461

>Max level is the only level that matters
Only to the 10% of people who keep playing the game after the main story is done. There's no excuse for the main focus of the game, the PvE story, to have bad stat progression for some characters.
>>
File: 1449241634499.jpg (124 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449241634499.jpg
124 KB, 768x1024
>having to ask someone to meld materia for you
m-maybe I should start leveling crafting jobs
>>
>>334737791
>The crafting system is great because it's not literally press button spin the wheel, there's at least some kind of game/"""skill""" involved

Crafting is voodoo man, as a new crafter I stare at the 1000+ quality bar and wonder how the fuck I'm supposed to fill that up with the CP and durability I have.

And then through some kind of rotation asspull finagling later I somehow actually do it, so I can sort of see the allure.

Also easy-HQing lower leveled recipes feels like coming back to curb stomp a boss with 10 weeks of welfare gear. It feels good, I don't recall any crafting systems that let you feel your powerlevel like that as if it were PvE.
>>
>>334738929
there is always one jabroni in idleshire giving free melds in my server, don't be such a pussy m8
>>
>>334738832
Such great vocals
>>
File: 1455462596829.jpg (14 KB, 241x158) Image search: [Google]
1455462596829.jpg
14 KB, 241x158
>>334738929
>/sh in town for help with melds
>noone answers
>feel everyone silently laughing at you
>>
>>334730772
>implying anyone starts steam to start the ffxiv launcher
>>
>>334737991
>Tfw finding out I've run across a tripfag frequently on the server
>>
>>334738401
Yes there's RNG involved you mouthbreather, the point was that it's much less RNG heavy than it's contemporaries.
>>
>>334738956
Yeah I loved it when I started out, I should level up my crafter. Did get a botanist to level 50 before I stopped playing, gathering is also comfy as fuck
>>
>>334730616
I was skeptical of the "FFXIV is bad" meme as well. Then I actually played it.

It's shit dude. It's wow-lite.
>>
>>334738956
>Crafting is voodoo man, as a new crafter I stare at the 1000+ quality bar and wonder how the fuck I'm supposed to fill that up with the CP and durability I have.
Use HQ mats and your quality bar is twice as big as it should be :^)
>>
>>334728265
How do I not quit these raid-centric, themepark MMOs

They're so bland and anytime I try to make friends or join guilds in them, they all quit in a month back to their 'home' game.

Really though, the pvp is awful.
not enough variety in equipment for most jobs.
Fishing and maps are kind of fun but even then it just feels like there isn't enough to do.
At least the main story was interesting up to hw.
>>
>>334739383

FFXIV isn't bad. Its just not at all what an MMO should be. Its a great single player game and arguably the best FF game since the PS2 era. Though I'd say Theathrythm is better.
>>
File: 1460498293728.jpg (218 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
1460498293728.jpg
218 KB, 534x820
>start playing ffxiv a few weeks back
>mfw i go into the ffxiv /vg/ general
>>
>>334739760
That general is the reason I don't yell at the fags who start these threads to fuck off to /vg/, it really is THAT bad.
>>
>>334734705
I want to give it a try, but it seems far too dead to matter anymore.
>>
>>334739760
We told you man, we told you aboud /xivg/
>>
>>334739283
>much less rng
Haha no.
Your entire craft is completely reliant on whether or not you can land enough hasty touches so you can use brygots blessing.
Having your craft fail or succeed based on some arbitrary skill that has a % to hit or miss is beyond stupid especially when there's days worth of farming and millions of Gil worth of materials on the line.
The only """"skill"""" that is involved with end game crafting is trying to recover when hasty touch inevitably fucks you over
>>
So what is crafting/gathering like in this game?
>>
>>334740251
Fucking soul crushing
>>
>play this game
>just get the urge to play FF games to see what I've missed out on all these years
>>
>>334728265
just improve your taste? game is utter garbage
>>
>>334740602
You can play this game and still play the old games too. I highly recommend it. You'll appreciate this game a lot more than before. I think a lot of the people who talk shit about this game don't really understand just how faithful this game is to the Final Fantasy series. It has tons of throwbacks to the classic games that you have to have played them to really pick up on and appreciate.
>>
>>334739760
>>334739896
>>334740039

>Get warned about posting a ffxiv thread since they belong in /vg/
>Go to /xivg/
>People literally advertising for fuckbois for their futa cock
>Ask a question about crafting
>Ignored

Holy fucking Hell.
>>
>>334739180

We don't laugh anon, if anyone is like me though, you just assume that you wont get a tip. Why doesn't anyone tip for melding?
>>
>>334740251
Fight against limited inventory.
>>
>>334740767
quality game, quality fans
>>
>>334740146
>still missing the point

Yes you can get fucked by the RNG, but it's much easier to mitigate the RNG in this game's crafting than it is others, that's the whole point.
>>
Is the localization team capable of anything besides memes and references everywhere you look? These quest names make me want to hang myself.
>>
>>334731912
But even TOR is doing well.
>>
>>334740251

>gathering between level 1-30
>fucking too easy
>gathering level 30 and up
>ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

>crafting level 1-25
>haha, I can make three pieces of level 1 armor and level up!
>crafting level 25 and up
>rooks feather + leather straps + malboro tentacle + orichalcum / square root of 24 - chance of EQ + buffs and rested EXP, calculating for the fact that its a tuesday in November....
>>
>>334740793

Because they think that something only taking you 10 seconds isn't worth tipping. They don't think about the dozens of hours leading up to being able to do it.
>>
>>334740969

TOR is making money. But its hardly doing 'well'.

FFXIV is the most successful WoW clone yet. And even then, it still has 12x less players than WoW. Even after WoW lost half its players.
>>
>>334740793
When helping people outside of my FC they usually put in like 10k tip. I always tell them that they don't have to pay me.
>>
File: 1459267074795.jpg (74 KB, 540x468) Image search: [Google]
1459267074795.jpg
74 KB, 540x468
>>334739760
it was really damn fine in the closed beta days but then phase 3 came along and all these balmung erp personalities came out of nowhere

fucking post 2010 4channers ruin everything
>>
>>334741106
more like 20 now
>>
>>334741106
I"d say getting a Blur cinematic for their recent expansion and getting approved for ANOTHER (seriously, check the lead dev's twitter) is a sign of doing well.
>>
>>334740767
>>334740039
>>334739896
>>334739760
The problem with xivg isn't the people posting pictures of their characters or even the erpers. It's the autists who go on a insane tantrum and just take a huge shit all over the thread because they're mad as hell about people that they don't like posting. These same people will stir up drama and post about those people they don't like even if those people aren't even posting at all.

So again, xivg isn't bad because of the people posting their characters trying to socialize and talk about the game. It's the autists who sperg out over people posting screenshots that are the actual problem.

Too bad the mods wont do a damn thing about it. There's at least one confirmed sperglord autist who even went so far as to print out a picture of someone else's character and shit on it in real life then take a picture of it to post in the general. This same guy will literally spam the thread with walls of moon rune text or just some random quote of a comment some other person made that triggered their autism.

Apparently said shitposter is from Venezuela and has a dynamic mobile IP that they use to constantly ban evade. They'll spam quote people they don't like claiming "it gets the posts deleted" then they'll rejoice when the posts do get deleted even though they don't always get deleted. They'll claim the person got banned and then if they think they're still posting or if they are still posting they'll flip out and throw out accusations of that person ban evading even if they aren't, all while being the worst offender of ban evading himself.

The dude is absolutely fucking insane and the mods aren't doing anything to stop it like they should. For example, banning mobile IPs would solve this problem very quickly. But they wont do it. They let xivg just be a cesspit of some autist having a field day with shitposting.
>>
File: 1458068075566.jpg (55 KB, 508x655) Image search: [Google]
1458068075566.jpg
55 KB, 508x655
>>334740764
I honestly feel like I missed a lot because I pretty much only played this and dissidia as far as FF goes. The fanservice games.

I also got to play the XV demo and really liked what I got to play and wonder if that's only because I don't know much about it or what.
>>
>How do I quit?
Are you having fun?
Yes? Don't quit
No? Quit and do something fun

It's that fucking easy
>>
>>334741226
I don't like erp but the erpers are literally not the problem. See my post here >>334741276

And don't try to act like you're some hot shit OG for being around in the ARR betas. The quality of the threads was at its highest during the shittiest version of FFXIV. The version before ARR. Even ARR wasn't that bad either but the xivg community took a nosedive once WoWfags start migrating over in droves.
>>
>>334741308
Why get into FFXIV in the first place if you don't like the Final Fantasy franchise? Seems like an odd starting point.
>>
File: 1448861471678.png (3 KB, 75x87) Image search: [Google]
1448861471678.png
3 KB, 75x87
>>334741276
>The problem with xivg isn't the people posting pictures of their characters or even the erpers.
Consider suicide.
>It's the autists who go on a insane tantrum and just take a huge shit all over the thread because they're mad as hell about people that they don't like posting. These same people will stir up drama and post about those people they don't like even if those people aren't even posting at all.
Those are the same fucking "people".
>>
>>334730616
There's no need to force anything, anon. Ff14 really is bad. If you enjoy gobbling shit that's on you.
>>
>>334741276
yah nah, the general is shit because it's a huge circlejerk of thread "personalities" talking about random shit instead of the game
>>
>>334741308
You can still go back and play those old games. You'll still start seeing the references too. It's never to late.

The only problem I could see you or someone else running into is feeling like the graphics are too dated.
>>
>>334741276
Sounds like /swgg/, which had this one shitposter who was so infuriated over the fact that the /swgg/ guild wasn't on his server that he would derail the entire thread just to shitpost with lies about the server and the members of the guild.

Even after the guild had cleared all current content and quit the game, he would just keep derailing threads to shit talk them and would sometimes try to impersonate them (using the same shitposting tripcode seen in /wowg/, so he wasn't fooling anybody}.

Something about /vg/ MMO threads really brings out the autism in shitposters.
>>
File: 1423007971561.jpg (39 KB, 405x294) Image search: [Google]
1423007971561.jpg
39 KB, 405x294
>>334734329

This guy is right. You remind me of way back when extremes first came out.

>extremes first come out in vanilla ARR
>FC wipes for an hour on garuda and gives up
>Dive into the seventh hell that is party finder
>learn fights in 2-3 attempts
>watch shitters make the same mistakes over and over
>at some points I beg farm/weekly clear groups to get in once I'm confident enough
>90% of the time even people who have cleared already are shit and cant win the fight
>After about 2 weeks finally manage to get all 3 fights down
>Everyone in FC marvells at my shiny new ilv90 book for my summoner

Why was my old fc so shit?
>>
>>334741598
>>334741632
They literally aren't. The problem are the autists who flip the fuck out over people posting pictures of their characters when we're on a fucking image board.

There is no circle jerk. There's just people who get targeted by the insane shitposting autist and people who don't.

Just about every good member of the community has been ran off by that autist who goes into a fucking berserk shitposting tantrum the very second someone they don't like posts. I swear to god it's like they're in those threads ALL THE TIME EVERY DAY.
>>
>>334741592
I'm not saying I don't like it, it's just something that wasn't part of my childhood. I didn't really care about JRPGs beyond pokemon back then.

And I got into this one entirely on a whim. Got it during a free weekend, fell in love with the pretty character creation, fell even harder in love with MNK, and that pretty much sealed it. From there I've been slowly reading up more and more on the series, played Type 0, the XV demo and more recently bits of 13, but that one bored me to tears.
>>
>>334741837
>there is no circlejerk
>in /xivfuckingg/

If that's not a circlejerk then there's no such thing
>>
>>334741727
>Sounds like /swgg/, which had this one shitposter who was so infuriated over the fact that the /swgg/ guild wasn't on his server that he would derail the entire thread just to shitpost with lies about the server and the members of the guild.

Wow that sounds a lot like what happens in /xivg/. This guy will outright lie about people and spread rumors that aren't true. He'll start gossiping about people even if they aren't posting all while trying to act like the reason he attacks those people is to get rid of them.

Well, the action of bringing them up when they aren't around is a direct contradiction to his declared motive of trying to get rid of those people.

It's fucking insane and it honestly pisses me off that /xivg/ has essentially been reduced to a smoldering crater of shitposting by this guy while the mods and Hiroyuki don't fucking do anything.
>>
>>334742037
Me again to reply to you >>334741727 again

It's kinda funny you bring up him being from /wowg/ too, because he certainly fucking acts like he came from WoW even going so far as to spout WoW memes and post WoW shit in the threads too.

This guy is a fucking madman and a sociopath, probably even a psychopath too. He does exactly what you say too. With trying to impersonate people and shit, and just stirring up drama even long after the people he targets have left because they can't take his fucking autism anymore.
>>
>>334740251
Gathering is max comfy

Crafting is max hell
>>
>>334741837
>let me tell you why you find my thread obnoxious
nope, it's still those faggots talking about their futacocks
>>
>>334741837
>There is no circle jerk
t Balmung player
>>
>>334742020
Fuck off. You're probably the same fucking faggot being talked about here >>334741727
>>334742037
>>334742219
>>334741276

There literally is no circlejerk. There can't be. Because that autist runs everyone who is a decent person off from the threads.
>>
File: 1460713071950.png (493 KB, 1409x2035) Image search: [Google]
1460713071950.png
493 KB, 1409x2035
3.3 when? I just want me welfare gear and some fun raid
>>
File: 1460700153161.gif (1 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1460700153161.gif
1 KB, 210x230
>>334741837
>There is no circle jerk
>>
>>334742037
Yeah that's literally what happened in /swgg/.

He'd go on huge rants about how he was going to "remove the Shadowniggers" and "drive them away" and would constantly scream "SHADOWNIGGER!!!!!!!" at any screenshot that contained a character even slightly resembling someone from the guild.

At one point, he kept spamming the thread demanding the guild prove they killed a boss and once a screenshot was posted, he just started flooding the thread with his spam again.
>>
File: 1457474010305.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1457474010305.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>334741837
found the avatarfag
>>
>>334742297
Excalibur actually, you idiot shitposter. Never played on Balmung and never erp ever.

That faggot literally has ruined those threads. You can't discuss anything anymore. You can't post screenshots. He will go into an autistic shitposting tantrum if you're someone he doesn't like and you decide to post about anything. Even the game. He doesn't give a shit if you're posting about the game, he'll still go nuts with his shitposting regardless, just because you're someone he doesn't like.

>>334742384
There isn't you stupid fuck. You have got to be that guy. You absolutely have to be him to actually try to act like there's any circlejerking.
>>
File: 1355326192976.jpg (204 KB, 847x931) Image search: [Google]
1355326192976.jpg
204 KB, 847x931
>>334742371
>>
>>334728743

>wearing shades indoors

what a fuckin tool
>>
>>334730772
Useless, OP isn't trying to stop playing mark of the ninja
>>
>>334742419
Sounds exactly like the multi-quote and fecalith man.
>>
>>334740793
Because not everyone is an amerilard.
>>
>>334742419
Wow. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's the same fucking guy. He has been doing this for years in /xivg/ and to hear that he has been doing this shit in other threads too has me fucking astounded that nothing has been done yet.

How can someone just let this smug faggot get away with take a big fat shit all over the threads while masquerading as being "good" and "fixing" the threads?
>>
>>334742337

>Because that autist runs everyone who is a decent person off from the threads

People who go there to circlejerk aren't decent people, so those people remain.
>>
File: 15189.png (321 KB, 425x320) Image search: [Google]
15189.png
321 KB, 425x320
>>334742526
You have to be a special kind of stupid to honestly believe there is no circlejerking in fucking /vg/ of all places.
>b-but its muh boogeyman
>>
>>334742686
Because the mods don't give a fuck about /vg/.

/vg/ is a containment board, I've already accepted that. People like him are what /vg/ is meant to contain.
>>
>>334741226
it's not the erpers. I have erper friends who are legitimately great players. It's the faggots who want attention and praise for nothing because mommy and daddy never loved them.

The spergs who substitute actual human interaction and shit with online verification of themselves.
>>
>>334740979
Nobody made you watse those hours, you did it on your own, don't make others pay for your own retardation
>>
>>334728743
He's starting to age like the DOA pizza face guy.
>>
>>334741837
You're full of shit, my man.
>They literally aren't.
They literally are.
>The problem are the autists who flip the fuck out over people posting pictures of their characters when we're on a fucking image board.
This fallacy again. Posting your character a single time in a situation where it's necessary, such as being in character creation and asking if it looks like shit, is not the same as pairing your posts with your character. That is avatarfagging, you fucking retard.
>There is no circle jerk. There's just people who get targeted by the insane shitposting autist and people who don't.
Good bait, Balmungshitter. People couldn't be targeted by that "single autist" if they didn't avatarfag and shit up the general lmao
>Just about every good member of the community has been ran off by that autist who goes into a fucking berserk shitposting tantrum the very second someone they don't like posts. I swear to god it's like they're in those threads ALL THE TIME EVERY DAY.
How can he recognize who they are? Oh right, that's because they're avatarfagging cancer. I hope you get doxed.
>>
>>334742961
I agree with you but you're not entirely right there.

People like that guy, the guys who shit up /wowg/ and the guy who shits up /swgg/ don't actually care if they "target" the right person, they just pretend whoever they're spamming IS the person they're mad at.
>>
>>334728265
turn it off
>>
>>334743178
and turn it back on again
>>
>>334742798
You're wrong.

>people who try to be friendly with other people aren't good people just trust me guys I'm totally not a sociopath who hates other people and can't fathom other people wanting to be friendly with each other so I just call it circlejerking to rationalize my own insane perspective on human social interaction
>>
Okay, lets talk about the game.

Is Pugilist/Monk fun?
>>
File: fisherman-01.jpg (132 KB, 801x1200) Image search: [Google]
fisherman-01.jpg
132 KB, 801x1200
>mfw I finally figured out how to make money from fishing without even having to bother with the bullshit 1/10000 chance great fish or desynthing
>>
>>334742815
>>334742961
And it's the shitposter from /xivg/ doing his regular damage control where he tries to spin his insane shitting up of the threads as being the right thing and trying to spin the people who just want to make friends and talk about the game as being the wrong thing.
>>
What's wrong with crafters? I'm unironically having fun with weaver, but I"m also only like level 25.
>>
>>334743110
I'm glad you're here too to back this insanity up. It's nice knowing I'm not the only sane person here arguing against madmen.
>>
>>334743793
It's fun if you have ADHD.
>>
>>334743901
>muh boogeyman
>muh samefag
Quit embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>334737991
her comeback was better than ur pm.

but keep posting if it makes u feel better about urself.
>>
>>334742871
Because the man is overworked. Back when ARR was being put together he looked like he was on his death bed. You'd regularly hear about how he'd get no sleep and it showed too. The guy looked like he was going to die.
>>
>>334743991
Go check on the price of grade4 Control of CP materia on your server

Now picture having to stick 5 of those into each of your accessories with at most a 29% chance of success and at minimum, 7%.
>>
>>334744071
You're acting just like him.
>>
>>334743793
Do you like being the best single target and AoE damage out of all the melee dps?

Then yes.
>>
>>334743820
>go to the barketmoard
>check the price history and compare it with current prices
>do this once in a while
>earn about 2 millions each week
>>
>>334743793

Play a BRD instead. Just as many skills to use, but you aren't limited to being right next to the enemy or attacking in certain locations.
>>
>>334743820
How?
>>
>>334743901
>Bringing your /vg/ problems here

wew lad, go to hell
>>
>>334743991
>but I"m also only like level 25
There's your problem
>>
>>334744109
You read it backwards, friend. I had the epic comeback
>>
>>334729526

>mfw a Dragon Quest MMO has more Final Fantasy tie ins than the Final Fantasy MMO

I'm not a DQfag so I don't know too much about DQX, but how is that possible? A huge chunk of XIV is fanservice, you could even possibly argue that it relies too much on them. For fuck's sake, they built a fully explorable Gold Saucer complete with chocobo racing and basketball machines! Can DQX really top that?
>>
>>334744473

http://en.ff14angler.com/?spot=0&fish=361&bait=0&cmd=search

Reduces into water clusters which are the only ones still fairly expensive because nobody wants to bother with fishing and has a fairly high chance to reduce into dawnborne or even seaborne aethersand which are big dosh.

You can also catch pipira pira during the same time/weather conditions which sell fairly well.
>>
>>334744459
>or attacking in certain locations.
That doesn't stop most MNKs
Plus BRD is some boring shit.
>>
>>334744559
More like bringing truth about /xivg/ here when people try to tell lies about why it's bad. I'm just telling you the real reason why /xivg/ is bad, the other people aren't.
>>
File: typicallalaplayer.png (906 KB, 1577x830) Image search: [Google]
typicallalaplayer.png
906 KB, 1577x830
Fucking lalafells and fucking balmung.
>>
File: ffxiv_06272015_221639.jpg (758 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06272015_221639.jpg
758 KB, 1920x1080
>>334743793
I thought it was really fun. The worst part about it is leveling DRG to get B4B.
>>
>>334744760
You really aren't even trying to hide that you're the autist that shits up /xivg/ are you? Only he is autistic enough to post shit like this.
>>
>>334744760

wait, there's people that don't have that faggot blacklisted?
>>
>>334744856
Nice character
>>
>>334744902
That's a quest npc you dunce
>>
>>334744705

I've played 6 different classes and BRD was the most interesting one yet. All classes are boring for the most part as they all consist of just using the same few skill rotations. BRD just has a few more skills on his rotation, as well as getting to move around a lot more.
>>
>>334745038
>as well as getting to move around a lot more.

heh guys he doesn't know
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (163 KB, 420x470) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
163 KB, 420x470
>>334744856
why is toki a cat and edgy as fuck?
>>
>>334745038
>as well as getting to move around a lot more
If you call that stutter step between "spells" moving around.
>>
File: 56221920_p0.jpg (3 MB, 2077x2653) Image search: [Google]
56221920_p0.jpg
3 MB, 2077x2653
What did you guys go through the MSQ as? I was a DRG for most of it.
>>
>ultrash shitting up the /v/ thread

Well it was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>334745285
ARR as WHM, Heavensward as SMN,
>>
>>334745285

paladin

it made haurchefant's special scene very annoying since i was using holy shield nexus as a glamour at the time
>>
Is anyone else disgusted by people that play as Au Ra?
Why would somebody purposely choose to play as a filthy Wyrmie?
>>
File: 1451037702339.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451037702339.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>334745038
>as well as getting to move around a lot more
Get real fun at 52.
>>
File: Cidney Uncovered.webm (970 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Cidney Uncovered.webm
970 KB, 1000x562
Join us in welcoming the next Final Fantasy, OP.
>>
>>334745462
>caring about what other people choose to play as in a video game

Autism speaks.
>>
>>334745038

>http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/The_Wanderer%27s_Minuet

Yeah, about that moving around thing...
>>
>>334744760
>uses noscript but still uses jewgle
lmao
>>
File: 1459819962442.jpg (152 KB, 609x404) Image search: [Google]
1459819962442.jpg
152 KB, 609x404
>>334745285
DRG.
Maining NIN master race now.
>>
File: 11670215.png (195 KB, 697x713) Image search: [Google]
11670215.png
195 KB, 697x713
>>334745285
When I first got the game, MNK.
Got to HW, picked up my gun and never looked back.

MCH ww@
>>
>>334745548

>the wanderer's minuet
>you can't wander at all

thanks koji fox
>>
File: 9months.jpg (80 KB, 890x325) Image search: [Google]
9months.jpg
80 KB, 890x325
Repostan because I can

This is all I can find. Digital entertainment is everything apparently, from mobages, to normal games and their mmo while amusement are their arcade machines according to the press release document.

Apr-Jun 2015 would be the expansion launch window. Nothing really happened in Jul-Sep while Oct-Dec is christmas period so non mmo game sales might spike them hard, so I'm gonna go with the jul-sep numbers. 4.7 billion yen is roughly 44 million us dollars. Ignoring all the mobage whale sales and video game sales, etc let's say 44 million us dollars is just mmo subs. But there's DQX which performs just as good as XIV if not better last I read in previous reports. So divide by 2. Then divide by 3 for the 3 month period. We end up with...7.4 million? We divide by 15 for sub money, so we got 488,888. Keep in mind we took out all the other games out. The mobage sales, game sales, XIV and DQ client sales, XIV and DQ expansion sales, extra income from cash shops, fantasia, server transfers, etc.

So I believe, at its lowest point, XIV is very capable of reaching way below 500k sub numbers. Maybe even as low as 300k around its worst (3.0 lull). Does it look like it currently has more players than that period though? Hell, I could be looking at this entirely wrong. Would be great if someone pointed it out. But yeah.

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/16q3release.pdf

The press release

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/16q3slides.pdf

The slides for 9 month period.
>>
File: 2015-11-13_00019.jpg (140 KB, 1356x720) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-13_00019.jpg
140 KB, 1356x720
>>334744902
Actually this is my character
>>
>>334744856

Man, that was an awful ride. Had to do it for my BRD.

>Impulse Drive
>>
File: 1461018365539.png (212 KB, 697x713) Image search: [Google]
1461018365539.png
212 KB, 697x713
>>334745892
you forgot something lad
>>
>>334744760
>look him up in the forums
>first few posts shows him saying he's going to fanfest

Oh jesus.
>>
File: 1282195811194.jpg (10 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1282195811194.jpg
10 KB, 247x248
>>334746294
>>
File: 1384306427951.png (292 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1384306427951.png
292 KB, 500x370
>>334746294
>>
>>334745548
Oh damn, that's disappointing.
I might as well play a mage if I have to stand around and cast.
How about shitnobi? Is that fun and relatively useful?
>>
>>334741276
Its a containment board nothing more. I've heard stories of that guy. That is someone who has literally nothing to look forward to in life but a single thread about an MMO on fucking 4chan.

That is the one place that turns me into a full blown shit poster because they make it so fucking easy.

>>334740767
And yeah this I try to actually help people out over there sometimes but it usually gets buried under all the autism. I've had people tell me that thread is what happens when there's nothing to talk about in a game anymore. Thats total horse shit there's been stealth generals going on here on /v/ for weeks that are hitting the bump limit having actual discussion about the fucking game.
>>
>>334741276
I think it was AT&T but at one point they had a cellular providers entire IP range banned because of him.
>>
>>334746746

it's pretty useful and the most mobile class, they have a 10% base run speed increase
>>
>>334746984
I just wish I could see what the guy looks like. I want to know how pathetic someone who acts like that looks.
>>
I love doing titan ex but DF people are fucking retarded and they're starting to make me hate it

what do
>>
>>334742865

Then just tip me for taking my time. It's going to take at least 2 minutes for me to do the shit you want. I'd be working at a loss for 1k per meld but Hell at least it's something.
>>
>>334747246
Where do all these horror stories come from? I DF all the time and never get this much shit. The worst I've seen is our healer falling off in Titan normal and our BLM ghetto healing with physick
>>
WHO SARGATANAS HERE
>>
>>334747246

i did it duo with a buddy recently, you aren't going to get the "real" experience though unless you convince 8 people to do it in lowest ilvl sync
>>
File: peegee.jpg (219 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
peegee.jpg
219 KB, 945x945
>>334744158

>mfw when I have 4 airships bringing me hundreds of crafting materia every couple of days
>>
>>334745285
MNK
grinding WAR now, but im kind of tired of the game no. i think might take a break from the game until heavensward goes on sale
>>
>>334746746

I thought BRD losing his movement at 52 was really shit at first, but the extra skills you get from 50-60 really add a lot to the class. BRD's my only 60 right now so I presume it's the same for other classes, but going back to level 50 content feels really goddamn boring now. The class plays completely differently.
>>
>>334747246

I spent more than two hours queueing for Titan EX last time I tried. Tell me your secrets.
>>
>How do I quit?

You realize you're playing a RPG with no real customization apart for how you look with glamour, a thing that every other game has.
You realize the devs are washed up and have been using the same formula for over 3 years, with their playerbase complaining about stale, not enjoyable repetitive content over and over.
You realize just how bad the PvP in it is.
You realize how the engine impairs the gameplay and even what the developers can do with the game.
You realize just how easy everything in the game apart for the '4 hard bosses every half a year' is.

On top of the 3 month interval between content that gets done in about 4 days after it's out, i gave you plenty of reasons to quit.
I myself gave the game plenty of time to get better, it got worse with HW with the introduction of scrips, the recent customization removal from tanks and the overall failure that was the vermillion minigame and Diadem.

The game is shit. You realize this and that's how you quit.
>>
Who xivminion here and what are you currently botting?
>>
>>334747493
have you actually done titan extreme on duty finder? it's hell
people cannot fucking do him to save their lives
>>
>>334745285
Monk.

It's really fun and I hope the game lives on so I can play as it more
>>
>>334747751
I tank
>>
>>334746035
FF XIV had 150k level 60 characters with the most recent story achievement, right before 3.2. Don't be delusional.
>>
>>334747781
>You realize just how easy everything in the game apart for the '4 hard bosses every half a year' is.
Recommendation on an MMO with difficult end-game content?
>the recent customization removal from tanks
Y... You mean how EVERY tank melded STR materia into their crafted vitality meld? That's absolutely dynamic.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 115

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.