[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Got rid of Dominion, their best map, because it was making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: vdjxvjfdjela.png (88 KB, 645x695) Image search: [Google]
vdjxvjfdjela.png
88 KB, 645x695
>Got rid of Dominion, their best map, because it was making it too hard for them to turn their fucking VIDEO GAME into a "sport"

This fucking company. When people ask why it feels like League of Legends has gone to shit, point them to this.
>>
source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/riot-games/announcements/riot-pls-dynamic-queue-sandbox-and-league-2016
>>
cringe level: maximum
>>
>A past time
>A way of life

>Like other sports

When was the last time those sports had to patch in balance to games themselves? Is it never? God damn riot is so delusional.
>>
>>334716264
>B-but baseball had an instant replay installed!
>>
>>334715592
I'm not sure why they are removing it instead of leaving it be.
>>
>>334718720
Well, you see, its really simple: Riot doesn't give a single shit about you. They can literally do whatever they want because they have a loyal fanbase consisting of brain dead 12 yearolds who will keep playing and paying no matter what Riot does.
>>
I just can't wrap my ahead around why MOBAs seem to be the baseline for the entire e-sports thing. I mean I can understand the competitiveness, and I'm sure they're fun games to play, but every time I watch a game it just looks like a massive clusterfuck.
>>
File: Is he right about LoL.jpg (199 KB, 509x413) Image search: [Google]
Is he right about LoL.jpg
199 KB, 509x413
Is he right?
>>
>>334720228
You're right
>>
How does this affect me?
>>
>>334715592
>Way
>Of
>Life

How delusional are they? Quick money grab really turned their heads around
>>
File: polisemen.png (20 KB, 131x159) Image search: [Google]
polisemen.png
20 KB, 131x159
>>334716264
>a past time
>>
Wait, so this game has no solo queue anymore? Being the solo player stuck with 2 premades was incredibly frustrating and left at their mercy or get shitcanned by reports/tribunal griefing but removing the default feature sounds incredibly risky.
>>
>>334720175
The first 10-20 minutes of the game is farming minions. It's not fun to play, and even less fun to watch. They have to have a drop off of viewers/players sometime, if it hasn't happened already.
>>
>way of life

It is a video game Riot, if you try too hard to make players play for the long run with your silly vision the more likely they are going to leave.
>>
>>334715592
This is what happens when you trust the Chinese, OP.
>>
>>334720620
maybe for league that's the case, but dota hasn't been like that for years now.
>>
>>334720823
Anon, lets not start a fire in this thread.
>>
>>334715592
I enjoyed Dominion for the most part.
.sadly the lack of draft since everyone went blind pick meant that the game would be horrible quickly.

That wasn't riots fault it was the player base. If retards didn't go blind pick because they felt every other retard was blind pick that game mode could have flourished.
>>
>>334720175
It doesn't help that you actually have to know the game to get what's going on. I can flip on a basketball game, knowing nothing, and easily figure out how points are scored, fouls are made, etc. Same can't be said for a "sport" where there's so many characters with unique abilities that you have to actively learn on your own time.
>>
>a way of life

these people are fucking delusional but the sad thing is people are so retarded today that they will actually take that statement to heart.
Jesus
>>
TheOddOne, a streamer that I've watched for years, barely even plays League anymore. Like just a few years ago, he would play LoL from 2 pm all the way up to late night, and then play a side-game. Now he plays LoL from 6pm to 9pm. Not only that, the only times he really even talks about the game is when he's raging. Everything else he talks about is off topic. You can just tell that he doesn't care for LoL anymore, and he is someone that played as a pro.
>>
>>334720943

I don't know about LoL but DotA sees a lot of action all the time, from 5 man pre horn smoke ganks to roamers dedicated to fuck over enemies (I love being a cunt as Bounty Hunter, steadily fucking up enemies until they either back off from the lane, cough up gold for a Sentry or just die) as well as early push strats.
>>
>>334721091
If your job is playing this silly game I would be pissed and indifferent
>>
>>334721091
TSM is still a thing?
>>
Dominion was great. The games didn't go on for way too fucking long, there wasn't a forced incentive to farm minions, and there wasn't an established meta game so you could just pick whatever champ you wanted. It was fast-paced fun all the way to the end. It's a shame that Riot only took care of it for what? 6 months? Now they removed it so the small amount of people that actually did like it can't even play it anymore.
>>
>>334721675
And to clarify, Dominion was pretty popular when it was first released back in 2012, but Riot probably realized that they couldn't make it a part of their e-sports scene since that was already taken by Summoner's Rift. And as it's shown in OP's post, all Riot gives a shit about is their e-sports scene. That's probably why they pretended it didn't even exist for the last four years, which in turn made players stop caring for it.
>>
>Riot thinks their game will last generations

Fucking retards.
Counter-Strike will surely last generations (despite it being a pretty terrible game). Did it have any patches? Barely fucking any. Sure, the game changed, but the majority of the core is literally the same.

Now, if you'd place LoL season 1 against the LoL we have now, those are two different games. The player retention, especially for returning players, will be terrible. The main audience - kids - will move on to some other hot game or grow up.

Riot, it's time to think about jumping ship and working on another game.
>>
>>334720228
Right on the money. He probably has a load of Riot fanboys giving him shit for saying that.
>>
>>334720943
not looking too m8, play what you enjoy
>>
Remember when video games were about fun?
>>
I quit League about the same time that Riot kept nerfing alternate playstyles for characters I enjoyed. Their philosophy was that if you weren't playing a character the way THEY wanted you to, it should be changed until you have to.
>>
>>334716264
Actually a lot of sports are getting used to new technology like high speed cameras to check if a ball is still in play or if you scored a touch in fencing
>>
>>334723803
So what you're saying is riot should add a replay system to the game like they should have done over five fucking years ago? I AGREE!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.