[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people find Mario games appealing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: mario-2.png (91 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
mario-2.png
91 KB, 340x340
Never liked it when I was a kid, never liked it now. Boring shit no matter what genre and Mario is also the most annoying and bland character with zero personalities. Why do people like this Nintendo diarrhea?
>>
File: OP's breakfast.png (79 KB, 479x600) Image search: [Google]
OP's breakfast.png
79 KB, 479x600
>>334709264
Because it's fun.
>>
>>334709264
simple gameplay, varied levels, captivating artstyle

>boring shit annoying bland diarrhea
you're not even open to understanding why people would like it, but mkay
>>
3D Mario is pretty fun but the rehashed 2d shit gets really boring.
>>
>>334709264

Because the gameplay is always superb. You could switch from a nintendo platform to another, come back years later and pickup the newest mario game and still find it very playable.

Of course, if you don't like the game, there isn't really anything to explain.
>>
File: 1354722225562.png (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1354722225562.png
14 KB, 400x400
>>334709264
>Mario is also the most annoying and bland character with zero personalities

>playing a platformer for personalities

Obvious bait.
>>
I fucking loved Yoshi's Island as a kid and think Sunshine looks fun though I've never played it but in general I haven't particularly enjoyed any Mario games. Been thinking of emulating Galaxy to give Mario another chance but haven't gotten around to it.
>>
File: shikata ga nai.png (60 KB, 236x449) Image search: [Google]
shikata ga nai.png
60 KB, 236x449
>>334709264
I used to be like you, I avoided every Mario game that wasn't Kart. Then I played Mario 3d Land and realized all the fun I missed not playing platformers.
>>
Gameplay that almost anyone can pick up and immediately get the hang of, nostalgia factor, and it's bright/colorful/family friendly.

Why would people not find them appealing besides being an edgy angstlord?
>>
>>334709264
The gameplay is tight and the level design is good, especially everything pre-N64
>Mario is a bland character
Well, duh. What are you 12?
>>
Lots of Mario games have really great flow
>>
>>334709264
because youre 12
>>
Simple mechanics that can get difficult easily and good level design
>>
File: 1448245810628.jpg (47 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
1448245810628.jpg
47 KB, 719x720
>why do people like X i mean MY taste is SO refined i just dont get it

These threads are terribly boring
>>
>>334709264
Well OP, people have these things called "opinions."
>>
Opinions. They're different.

I don't like Mario that much, but I get it. I am a Sonicfag, though. I still think no other Mario game has topped Sunshine since. The levels may be terrible, but the controls are so solid and smooth I don't even care. Galaxy was a literal downgrade in my eyes.
>>
>>334709264
They're not that good, but when the alternative is playing sonic games and becoming a furry retard, you take whatever you can get.
>>
>>334709264
They
are
Fun
>>
File: b55.jpg (69 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
b55.jpg
69 KB, 680x510
>>334709264
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.