[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought this just now and fuck why is it so fun? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1448588680365.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1448588680365.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
I bought this just now and fuck why is it so fun?

It's just machines building machines. I'm only on the tutorial stages and I'm already sucked in.
>>
>>334707647
Waiting for it to go on sale honestly. Not worth 25 buckeroos for me.
>>
>>334708059

That's fair. It is a little simple. But holy fuck is it addicting.

Is there some "take all" button to be had? Some way I can remove all the coal from my chests?
>>
>>334707647
It's way better once you jump into the sandbox.
>>
>>334708107
If a Chest/Miner only has Coal, you can Control Click it I believe to pull it out, or you can Control Click a stack with the UI open to take it all.
Shift Click for one stack.
>>
>>334708109

I like learning the controls, and I'm a bit of a mongoloid when it comes to crafting-games.

>>334708191

Perfect! Thank you!

Oh, and do you advise building self-sufficient machines? I feel like I'm running around doing the retard-roundup filling everything with coal every now and then, and I'm wondering if I should try to have them sustain themselves without me a little.
>>
>>334708296
Yes, there's a billion little tricks you can do with Belts and Inserters that will make your life way easier.
Once in Sandbox, your run goes a little like this:
>Get a Burner Drill on each of Iron, Coal, Copper, and Stone
>Stick several Burner Drills together in a square/box fashion on the Coal, control click to pull stacks out, they'll keep going
>Control Click stacks of Coal in Inventory while on a Drill/Furnace to fill them up
>Get Steam Engines, a Water Pump, and some Boilers for Electricity
>Replace Burner Miners with Electric Miners
>Can now afford to Belt up your Ores and shit and use Inserters with lines of Furnaces
Then from there, it's automate everything including science.

How you handle it is 100% up to you, don't look up guides.
>>
>>334708702

This, looking up guides is the worst thing you can do in this game. As long as shit is getting from your mines to your factories and shit is getting built, there is no right or wrong way to build a factory. Once you build your first, you'll find out ways to make things more efficient yourself.
>>
>>334708702
>don't look up guides

Of course not. Fuck that. Learn by doing.
>>
>>334708296
Automation is the name of the game. Try to utilize both sides of a belt as often as you can.
>>
>>334710776

Good tip, thank you!
>>
Wat gaem?
>>
Those big "Stone Rocks" that you can't mine with your pickaxe? Use "Shoot Selected" (default key C) to break them. They take quite a few shots, so make sure you have the ammo to break them.

You can build a couple pickaxes for use in your equipped slot. It might not make sense but you can have more than one and they will replace themselves when they break. Useful for not having to worry about crafting another pickaxe once yours runs out.

Use more space than you need. The world is infinite. You don't want to tear a chunk of your factory down just to fit things together, so use more space than you need and it will help in the future.

1 Offshore Pump:14 Boilers:10 Steam Engines is the ideal ratio for electricity producing.

The ALT key will toggle to show you the icon of what's building/smelting and output directions of miners among other things

Like some other people said, do it yourself, make it work your way, then later down the line you may see how other people do it, get some ideas.
>>
File: 1448965669623.jpg (81 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1448965669623.jpg
81 KB, 900x506
>tfw only autistic enough to automate red and green flasks

Then it starts going over my head.
>>
>>334708059
The devs said it won't go on sale for any forsee able future. So you'll be waiting years. It never went on sale the last 2 years it was for sale, and now it's price has gone up. So, good luck with that or whatever.
>>
File: 1460783389890.jpg (674 KB, 1200x819) Image search: [Google]
1460783389890.jpg
674 KB, 1200x819
>>334711752
Automating blue sciences may be the biggest hurdle. Oil things can be confusing too, but only because of how much space they take.
>>
>>334711752
When you start dealing with liquids to automate stuff, then it gets messy. But if it's any comfort the science pack after that one isn't as complicated.
>>
Bump for fun.
>>
You know when you finally get something fully automated?

Then there's the fun part of optimizing it and minimizing the area it takes to do it efficiently.
>>
>>334707647

There is nothing beautiful about what you have done here.

Embrace autism.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.