[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunter's Dream > Majula > Nexus > Firelink Shrine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: darksouls.jpg (109 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
darksouls.jpg
109 KB, 1600x900
Hunter's Dream > Majula > Nexus > Firelink Shrine (DaS3) > Firelink Shrine (DaS)
>>
you could of posted this in one of the other 50 shit souls threads
>>
Das3>BB>DaS1=DeS>DaS2

Literally the objective truth.
>>
>>334684113
Literally backwards
>>
>>334684113
Hunters Dream is ass though.

Majula is undoubtedly the best. Then probably Nexus, the Hunters Dream, then whichever Firelink you prefer, since both are shit.
>>
>>334684298

Nah.

DkS1>DkS3=BB=DeS>turd sandwich>DkS2
>>
Nexus>Hunter's Dream>Firelink (3)>Majula>Firelink 1

The first Dark Souls is my favorite, but firelink 1.0 was a crap hub. I don't even think they meant for it to be a hub honestly. More like a crossroads of all the different paths.
>>
>>334684551
The second half of DaS1 is shittier than anything in DaS2.
>>
>>334684298
>>334684551
You do realise he's just rating the hub areas, right? Majula was a fucking great hub area. It was actually part of the main world, all the others are discconeted in some way.
>>
>>334684738

Nope. That's what you hear parroted on /v/ all the time but it's simply not true. The only area that's truly shitty is Izalith. TotG, New Londo, and especially the Duke's Archives are all great.

And almost half the shit in 2 is just as bad as Izalith, like harvest valley and black gulch.
>>
>>334684858
>Harvest Valley and Black Gulch
>As bad as Lost Izalith

No. Fuck off.
>>
Hunter's Dream > Firelink DaS 1 > Nexus > Firelink DaS 3 > Majula

This is fact.
>>
hunters dream was garbage

only two npcs to interact with and only served as a warping/upgrade area
>>
You do realise that Hunter's Dream is basically a nightmare you're trapped in for eternity until some kind (or dumb) person frees you and takes your place, do you?

I just can't look at it the same way, after I saw Gehrman sitting there in his chair literally fucking crying, begging for anyone to come to his rescue.
>>
File: 1395588230030.jpg (68 KB, 716x472) Image search: [Google]
1395588230030.jpg
68 KB, 716x472
Nexus > Firelink Shrine (DaS3) > Hunter's Dream > Firelink Shrine (DaS) > Majula

Also

DeS = DaS > DaS3 > BB > DaS2 SotFS

You guys know it to be true. Embrace the truth.
>>
>>334684113
As someone who loves bb hunters dreams is easily the worst out of all

DaS3>DaS1>DaS2>BB

As far as main areas go
>>
>>334687735
I platted it and what? When does he cry? At the end he offered you mercy
>>
>>334688334
if you hang out around him when he's just sleeping in the garden and listen very closely you can hear him cry. It's distinctly similar to, if not exxactly the same as the cry that Orphan of Kos has. I believe he is also begging to be let out.
>>
>>334688334
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rLtdiFaV8k
>>
>>334688334
He appears randomly in the garden with messengers' stump. He looks like he's dozing off and mumbling in his sleep, sobbing, saying how he's been trapped there fore fuck knows how long, calling for Lawrence or Willem or just anybody to free him.

How the fuck could you miss it if you've got a plat?

Also, if you didn't free him during your first playthrough you're so fucking gay words cannot describe it. I didn't and it was too late when I realized how much of a little bitch I was. Yharnam Sunrise is literally the worst ending, although it may seem otherwise at first.
>>
>>334684113
Yeah Hunters Dream sucks pretty hard and BB is my 3rd favorite of the franchise (but that being said I haven't played DaS 3)
Still think Firelink in DaS 1 is nice and comfy, but I also think that Nexus is damn comfy too, but then again DeS was my first game in the Souls series.
>>
>>334688071
>Glorified tech demo and half finished game best in the series

Nah bud.
>>
>>334684738
>second half
More like last tier.
And the first part of the game is better than anything else in the whole series.

Really, they shouldn't make their world with teleportation in mind from the start. In DaS teleportation felt like it was a fix for the later tier of the game being linear as fuck so backtracking would be tedious.
>>
>>334688726
>>334688801
>>334688846

Holy fuck bloodborne is so sad and depressing. And yes my first and final playthrough I killed him, although I didn't know what it meant either time in terms of freeing him.
>>
>>334684113
>majula that high

kys
>>
Majula Oblongata was just some bland, empty village. Who the fuck even remembers it? Jesus, you people probably eat paste.
>>
Majula best hub
>>
>>334688846
Yharnam Sunrise is the second best ending
or do you think being Moon Presence's slave for eternity is somehow good?
>>
Majula > Nexus > Hunter's Dream > Firelink Shrine (DaS3) > Firelink Shrine (DaS)
>>
>>334690506
Yeah, it's honorable, since you free Gehrman.

Yharnam Sunrise doesn't fix shit -- you 'wake up' with an illusion that you can go back to normal life, when nightmare still exists, Gehrman is still trapped there with no chance to escape, sacrificing his freedom for you, and basically everything can get fucked again any minute and there will be another hunt someday.
>>
>>334684780
How is firelink Shrine from ds1 disconected?
>>
>>334693598
>>334684780
In fact... how was ds3 Firelink didconnected? All the dark souls games shrine have been on the overworld. Sire you warp to different areas. But it isnt some different universe like in bloodbourne.
>>
>>334693851
Sure* not sire. Fuck me.
>>
File: Demon's_Souls3.jpg (323 KB, 902x1267) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls3.jpg
323 KB, 902x1267
Nexus>Firelink Shrine (DaS)>Hunters Dream>Majula

I'd rate Majula a bit higher if ANYTHING of importance ever fucking happened there. It just feels so static how the NPC do fucking nothing once they settle in there and they don't seem to acknowledge each other other than Chloanne wondering who the blacksmith is (his father) but fucking NOTHING comes of that either.

Nexus on the other hand is great how it handles the various NPCs that it houses. You've got the sorcerers on the right side, Clerics on the left, Thomas, Blacksmith, Patches and the Maiden somewhere in the middle and high above everyone else are the Masked society plotters. All of these NPCs acknowledge each other, talk shit about their neighbors and even ask you to kill other people in the nexus. Plus the area is aesthetically pleasing and opens up to the final boss area neatly.

Firelink shrine is great the way it connects to the world, the characters come and go as they please but it lacks a few merchants and a blacksmith. I think they should've moved Domhnall of Zena a bit closer to the hub and given him some basic consumables to peddle and move Rickert or Andre a bit closer to the firelink.

Albeit the Hunter's Dream looks gorgeous and has great music, there are only the doll and occasionally Gehrman occupying the dream which makes it seems quite empty and lonely. Miyazaki might have been going for that feel but I much prefer the feel of the other hubs where countless warriors and wanderers take refuge from their grueling journey. Cathedral Ward acts as a substitute for that though. Also, I like how the final boss area is right there and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

I haven't finished DaSIII yet so I won't comment on it.
>>
Majula>Firelink shrine 1>Firelink shrine 3>Nexus>Hunter's Dream
The hunter's dream was just so empty.
>>
Nexus = Firelink Shrine (DaS3) > Hunter's Dream > Majula >>> Firelink Shrine (DaS)
>>
File: Demon's_Souls.jpg (297 KB, 824x1210) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls.jpg
297 KB, 824x1210
>>334695761
Also, Firelink is missing a leveling waifu which would've made the player visit it more often.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.