[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starbound thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (156 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
156 KB, 960x960
Starbound thread?
>>
>4 years early access
no, fuck off
>>
>>334672924
It's a disappointing game.
>>
>>334672990
it's leaving early access within the next few months, actually, and it got a combat overhaul 4 months ago.
>>
File: 142441936650.jpg (1 MB, 5000x3509) Image search: [Google]
142441936650.jpg
1 MB, 5000x3509
>>334673072
yeah, you would usually say something on the lines of "better late than never"
but that doesn't apply to this steaming pile of shit, innit
also
>combat overhaul
>literally copying a mod
>>
>>334673376
explain why you think this is a pile of shit, anon? Would like to hear opinions
>>
More like Scambound thread!

Dohohohohohoh!
>>
Everything Starbound does, Terraria already did better.

That's what happens when you rip off another, better game.
>>
>>334674070
I see where you're coming from with this but the music and art from starbound was a big attraction for me over terraria.
>>
>>334672924
What, do you want a thread about shit games?
>>
>>334672990
>>334673057
>>334674070
>>334674405
Falling for the meme: the thread
>>
>>334674687
>Facts are now memes
Fuck off nigger.
>>
everyone is so biased towards starbound while at the same time shitting their pants over stardew valley; same dev. wtf?
>>
>>334673948
do you still put ketchup on your steak
>>
File: 1457847331835.jpg (311 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457847331835.jpg
311 KB, 714x1000
>>
>>334675181
Chucklefuck published stardew, it was developed by ConcernedApe
>>
>>334675359
oops my bad.
>>
Overall I don't regret buying it. I recently booted it back up after a year and played it with my daughter. It's a time killer and fun enough but god damn it's unoptimized as fuck. I'd say I got my money's worth out of it.
>>
>>334675643
I do have to agree with you. I play on 1280x720 and have to use 3x zoom in outpost and boss battles. the game is pretty good as it is
>>
>>334675315
more?
>>
File: 1459881527861.png (178 KB, 672x937) Image search: [Google]
1459881527861.png
178 KB, 672x937
FUCK YOU, CHUCKLEFISH
>>
>>334674687
yeah no, chucklefish is an incompetent development team
>>
File: Ce3sUlbVIAAdqSQ.jpg (37 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
Ce3sUlbVIAAdqSQ.jpg
37 KB, 600x700
>>334675181
>Stardew was made as a labor of love by a single man who had nothing to do with the disappointment that was Starbound
>He did literally everything in that game himself. Art, music, writing, everything.
>Never put it on early access, didn't release the game until it was 90% done with perfectly acceptable levels of content after FOUR YEARS of working on it without seeing a dollar
>Still constantly updating it and posting his progress regularly
>While Chucklefuck took everyone's money, mismanaged it then did nothing for years with a full team
>>
File: image.png (726 KB, 1280x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
726 KB, 1280x1400
>>
>>334675285
I have never done that.
>>
>>334676352
More like Tiy is an incompetent fuckhead that tries to appropriate everything that his team ever made and knows shit all of game design, running a game studio, running a business of any kind and people management.
>>
File: 1390190672258.gif (954 KB, 285x235) Image search: [Google]
1390190672258.gif
954 KB, 285x235
>stable
>>
>>334676949
PLANT

PUSSY
>>
>>334673948
For once I agree with you, faggot.
>>
Completely honest the 1.0 update actually looks decent, hope the mods update quickly
>>
Those hacks, weren't they showing pictures of a game that looked like Hyper Light Drifter?

Looks like they're some sort of indie hacks that can't even come up with something new
>>
>>334676476
Except you know they are making it anon. Why pretend they aren't?
>>
Don't forget, they had a SECOND kickstarter for some silly penguin plushies. One of the backer rewards was a usable penguin tank.

The kickstarter failed miserably due to bad backlash. Nobody liked it, not even the loyal fans. Said kickstarter was deleted, too.
>>
>>334677550
more please
>>
I find it kinda funny to see how badly some anons react when they themselves know they would do the same shit they did if they were granted this many funds and all the time in the world to make the game the wanted to make.

Im not defending them, they have screwed up a lot in the past, but do you anons really have absolutely no trust in them? They are not that incompetent.
>>
>>334672924
Fucking shit game. I wish I haven't bought it, heck I'd prefer spending that money on some fucking P2W Korean MMO, it would've been better than this pile of shit that only tries to copy Terraria in every single aspect and fails hard. The only good thing of Starbound are the soundtracks and THATS IT.
>>
>>334679543
even the soundtrack is kinda shit
there are like 5 tracks, and the ones for the mini-dungeons are badly done electronic shit
the ones that are half-decent just get repetitive super quickly and rarely fit the atmopshere
>>
>>334679384
>If it sucks so much why don't you make a better game, anon?
>>
>>334679384
To be brutally honest, they have fucked up on so many occasions that it's almost embarrassing to admit that I fell for the scam. Here's a few off the top of my head, in no particular order;

>Refusing refunds on steam (prior to the refund system)
>That insanely dangerous position they had their office dog in. Power outlets are not good spots for puppies.
>The fact that they spent a lot of time moving out of America; this was shady as hell since there was dead silence for weeks
>The extreme ease that one shmuck had in hacking the website. What is this, Geocities?
>Tiy's initial snobby attitude. He was a real fucker in the earlier days.
>Removal of sound effects and monster abilities. Randomly generated monsters already suffered from a lack of interesting parts, but they at least had SOME life to them. Now they don't; they just hop and try to ram you, nothing more.
>All of that early art that looked infinitely better than what we got. Examples; those alien deer, the space ship, the early tentacle planet. the fossils designed by Bartwe, and so on.
>Planet variation became worse. Now, the planet you land on isn't even primarily that biome; I landed on a Lush planet that was more volcanic than Lush.

There's way too much to list. I can't even list the same amount of good things, since I honestly can't think of many at all. I spent way too much time in making a mod full of assorted items, and I got to learn how to touch JSON coding, but honestly; it's kind of a waste of time. I'm not even making stuff for fun anymore. My sprite work improved tremendously, but that's it. I can't think of anything else this game has done recently that I can honestly say is good, other than motivating me to make better sprites.
>>
>>334679384
>They are not that incompetent.
what? This game is in perpetual beta, which is more of an alpha in reality, it never looked remotely like their promo screens with critters and more detail, they used the money from "preorders", which were in reality crowdfunding given the unfinished mess state the game was, and they were already posting pictures of a new project the lead ideas guy has, which looked like hyper light drifter

I don't think incompetent is the word for chucklefish, they are con artists.
>>
>>334676476
To be fair, he basically remade a Harvest Moon game. I realize Starbound is similar to Terraria but it has tonnes of different mechanics and world generation and all that yazz.

Still though, in terms of sentiment, it does leave a dirty taste in one's mouth over Cucklefish's inadequacy.
>>
>>334680550
> tonnes of different mechanics
oh please

dirt having many colors across different planets doesn't make the game that different
>>
>>334679679
the songs are all generic ambience, perfect for the genericness of every biome.
>>
>>334679028
Can someone list me all the fails they made? Just for laughs.
>>
I just want an ERP server.
>>
>>334679028
Eh, just checked: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/731983185/starbound-penguin-plush-project

>One of the backer rewards was a usable penguin tank.
>Said kickstarter was deleted
These 2 aren't true.
>>
>>334684964
>putting game content behind a second funding campaign, if you count preorders

Holy fucking shit
>>
I find Starbound even more soulless and unenjoyable than playing Minecraft.

Please tell me there's some kind of pipe or conveyor belt high tier processing mod for Starbound or something so I can have the autismal satisfaction of watching things moving around and processing in the most efficient way.
>>
>>334685270

Look into a mod pack called "frackin universe" it adds a shit ton to the game. Would probably be worthless to do now BUT whenever the new stable version of the game comes out it should get updated relatively fast. The guy that works on the mod pack is a beast.
>>
>>334680164
Don't forget the Ammo Overhaul mod addition failure fiasco.

>contact dude because they want to add his mod in an official capacity to the game, but contact him over forum pms
>>yeah sure okay
>okay cool here's a completely legit and standard NDA again over forum pms
>>hmm I have some questions about this NDA
>I assure you it's totally normal
>>even so
>...
>>Hello?
>...
>>You there?

>OVER A MONTH LATER

>>HELLO ARE YOU THERE?
>>FUCK IT I'LL POST THE WHOLE CONVERSATION TO REDDIT
>hundreds of replies and upboating and downboating later, devs catch wind of the reddit
>FINALLY get back to the dude
>yo that was immature as fuck you should be ashamed
>>YOU DIDN'T RESPOND FOR AGES
>yo we get tons of pms daily we don't have the time to respond to every single little one

Basically it was pitiful on all ends, but just another in a long line of the Chucklefucks having shit tier communication with the community, and in general just being awful.
>>
>>334679384
Let's compare ok? Like everyone loves to do.
>Red made Terraria 1.0 by himself in little more than 3 months, no kickstarter, no early access, no nothing, and from there he updated with more content and hired Tyi as a sprite artist (who did nothing better than Red himself and the 1.2 and 1.3 sprites were much better and Tyi was already with Starbound).
>Tyi got millions and hired a bunch of incompetent people and they took ONE YEAR to move from one place to another, doing zero work on the game in that time and the game has been in early access for 3 years with almost no content besides removing things or changing things instead of adding content.

Yeah I would say they are that incompetent, Tyi just expected to become the next Notch.
>>
>>334685615
Don't forget that Tiy was the one responsible for needing to combine all three hardmode ores with souls to get hallowed stuff.

I think he might also be responsible for clowns.
>>
>>334685615
Oh and I forgot, everyone was on Starbound's dick because Tyi himself promoted the game as "Terraria in space" and "hey I worked in Terraria".
>>
>>334685719
>remembering the winners of the unique enemy contest
>remembering the plans for being able to capture, breed, and train monsters
>all the potential

I realized far too late that these kinds of games never really deliver. They promise the stars and you get the leaves.
>>
How the fuck do you install the FrackinUniverse anyhow? Do you just drop the folder into the game folder or something? There are no instructions anywhere.
>>
>>334686098
Drop in mods folder.
>>
>>334686098
Modding in Starbound is retarded easy, just drop the folder in the Mods folder.

Just make sure its the correct folder, many modders put the correct one behind the name one and it confuses some people.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.