[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking back, what do you think of the Zelda DS games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled-1.jpg (425 KB, 802x409) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
425 KB, 802x409
Looking back, what do you think of the Zelda DS games?
>>
PH was ok and ST was preddy nice

captcha: select images with trains
>>
Spirit Tracks was fun, I never beat it though.
I think the second to last song was just fucking impossible to do in the learning part, so I just ened up forgetting about it.
>>
They're pretty fun but they don't get given a fair chance.
>>
>>334668764
i liked them both

the gimmick with scribbling shit on a map really worked to evoke the sense of adventure, like you as a kid start to draw a pirate map and imagine the advetures you can have on it
>>
>>334668764
PH had that godawful ocean temple
ST had that godawful train shit

if you took the dungeons of ST and put them in PH, it would have been near perfect
>>
File: yes twewy.jpg (85 KB, 559x531) Image search: [Google]
yes twewy.jpg
85 KB, 559x531
I only played Phantom Hourglass but I enjoyed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWywKbZHW4A
>Linebeck's theme playing as part of the final boss music
Linebeck a best
>>
>>334668764
Phantom Hourglass got dull after a few repeat playthroughs.

I still really enjoy spirit Tracks though. I think this Hyrule has a lot of cool potential in the future.
>>
Underrated but still quite flawed
>>
>>334668764
I think it was the worst thing in the franchise... The other one is ST.
>>
Everything besides that goddamn ocean temple was good in hourglass. spirit tracks was just kinda a rehash it was still fun though
>>
>>334668764
hey, I just bought PH today. Haven't been able to put any time into yet though.
>>
>>334668764
Unfairly maligned over the trivial and inane.
>>
I never gave them the chance because of touch screen control gimmicks.
>>
>>334668764
Even without the temple of ocean king, the dungeons in Phantom Hourglass were way too short and easy. None of it is good, i would put it as just okay for a Zelda game
>>
>>334668764
Phantom Hourglass is a fucking terrible game and nobody should waste their time with it. It's like Linbeck was one of the most likable characters in the series or it'd have no redeeming values.

Spirit Tracks was cute and an improvement on every single level.
>>
Great games. Phantom Hourglass was neat with some of its puzzles and mechanics, especially that one puzzle. You know the one. Spirit Tracks improved on it tenfold and gave us the best Zelda to date and the best rendition of Zelda. Instead of ALBW, they should have made a third title with even more advanced technology(hot air balloon/planes). I'm all for another title in the vein of those two.
>>
>>334668764
PH felt like borderline shovelware. Just a disappointing game all around. Shitty music, sailing was even more mindless than WW, nothing much to do outside of the dungeons and the dungeons themselves were all pretty bland.

ST improved on pretty much every element. The ghost cars and the rabbits made the train travel a bit more interesting than the Steamboat travel, where you were literally just fighting the same 2 enemies over and over. The dungeons were really well designed too. Probably the best 2D dungeon design since Link's Awakening.

Honestly, I think I had more fun with ST than I did with TP or Squidward Sword.

killer soundtrack too.
>>
File: 14539559803824.jpg (52 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
14539559803824.jpg
52 KB, 640x360
>that final Malladus fight
>>
>>334671134
>especially that one puzzle. You know the one.
I would be more impressed if Lost in Blue hadn't already done the exact same thing
>>
Lineback is the best zelda character 2bh
>>
Fun. The boat and train weren't necessary but nevertheless they were still enjoyable.
>>
Didn't need touchscreen controls though, I would've preferred using the D-pad.
>>
File: rigby.jpg (81 KB, 630x626) Image search: [Google]
rigby.jpg
81 KB, 630x626
I'm mostly upset at how anxious I got from traveling in the train with the bomb trains chasing you down every which way. I wouldn't mind so much if the train had a health bar, but since these were one hit instadeaths I hated them even more. I have fond memories of the game otherwise.

Linebeck's a cool dude, too.
>>
>>334670183
There are cheats that allow somewhat traditional controls.
>>
>>334668764
The controls on both sucked. Spirit Tracks was the better of the two in control scheme, although I suspect that was because of the level design avoiding its faults than any improvement in the controls.

Spirit Tracks was a lot of fun. Riding around and bombing the landscape was a blast. People bitch about not being able to freely roam around, but after TP and SS, that temptation isn't really there any more.

Phantom Hourglass was more disappointing, thanks to the stealth temple. It definitely had the better cast, though. As much as I liked Spirit Zelda (although she was rarely around), Cole, and Byrne; Linebeck was still the best companion in either game and I have a soft spot for Celia.
>>
>>334668764
Love ST

Ghost Zelda was 2cute4me.
>>
>>334668764
They're both pretty shit. Phantom Hourglass did have a fantastic final boss though. And sassy Zelda was a great companion in spirit tracks, on par with midna as best companion. Even so they weren't worth the time I put in. And why the hell did they keep those idiotic overworld travel mechanics after everyone bitched about them in the first game? They could have at least made the train parts do something in spirit tracks if they were going to make traveling even more mundane.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.