[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What comes to your mind when someone says "They're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
What comes to your mind when someone says "They're an idea person"?

Is it true or is that just a way of saying they can't offer any actual concrete work?

Skeleton thread if the former doesnt work out
>>
File: 1458882677787.jpg (155 KB, 457x576) Image search: [Google]
1458882677787.jpg
155 KB, 457x576
So then I'll assume they're just full of shit?
>>
>>334665414
>Is it true or is that just a way of saying they can't offer any actual concrete work?

Yup, it pretty much screams that. Good ideas are a dime a dozen; making the idea work takes a ton of hard work.
>>
>>334665874
active involvement with said idea and the people to make it a reality - do you think thats at least some step in a better direction?
>>
>>334666062
Is this for a resume? because the first question I'd ask during an interview is "What exactly does 'active involvement' mean? What specifically did you/this person contribute, exactly?"

"Active involvement" is one of those weasel words that can mean anything form "did all the work" to "brought donuts for the team doing the work".
>>
>>334666494
>Is this for a resume?
No I just talk to a lot of friends in the business and like to hear what a consumer side of this would be.

I think I get the general summary of it.

I will say looking at the past with others it does seem that others will absolutely be on board with some, but theres always something else going on too.

Thanks m8
>>
Why ask this on /v/?
>>
>I have an incredibly specific video game I want made but I'm too lazy to learn any of the skills necessary to have it made. For no good reason whatsoever I want you to the hard part for me. You should be honored for the opportunity my ideas are just THAT good.

A worthless cunt basically. Unless they're paying, then its a job. You can be the idea guy if you can pay everyone else.
>>
Tim Schafer and Peter Molyneux are idea guys. Idea guys can create great things, but they need someone cracking the whip to make sure things get done.
>>
>>334665414
"You get idea money."
>>
>>334667049
No problem.
>>
>>334665414
It's a shitty 4chin meme. In the real world, an ideaguy is a Producer and Director.

They draft the Design Document that informs the entirety of the work. All the other people are just contract workers that can be replaced at any time and in fact are often all fired just before the project finishes.

But this is 4chan, the real world doesn't apply here and everyone is just playing pretend.
>>
Yes mostly. Well thought out and explained ideas have some value but typically you need a decent understanding of game design, art and programming for your idea not to be vague bullshit. If you want to implement a mechanic or a system but don't have any idea how it actually works then your idea is shit.
>>
>>334667535
Capable producers and directors are capable leaders, good writers and communicators, and skilled managers, among other things. They are not just "idea guys", nubcake.
>>
>>334667535
Idea guys are like "It's like Dark Souls but in space!" A game designer makes docs detailing combat mechanics, balances numbers, etc.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.